PDA

View Full Version : Wanted an RS

windrush
19th May 2013, 16:17
Hi Guys we desperately need an RS for our area. Petetourer has stood in for a couple of meets at the Frog,but he lives some distance away has his own area to look after and at the moment his wife is expecting so he is pretty tied up, I would ask Ian to step in but there again he lives far away in Weymouth and has his own area to look after as well. Perhaps we can ask Steve to come back and run it for us ,I know that he no longer has his ROVER but is still a member of the club,I would have a go myself but being over 80 and not having any computer skills I am afraid that I would be no good at it

Who will give it a go
Come on Steve you have my vote

Yeti
19th May 2013, 17:28
If I was wanted, I would consider giving it a go. I am just in the process of being made redundant, so would not know when I could host meetings etc at the moment, as need to find another job. I would if wanted as the RS, would like to move the meeting place to The Star, Leatherhead, but allow a meet to every now and again to go to a different place inc The Frog and Wicket. If I am wanted, then I need to be accepted by the membership, subject to the above conditions. Please let me know

windrush
19th May 2013, 17:47
I dont see no reason why we could not have a meet one month at the Frog and another at the Star or any other venue for that matter

Yeti
19th May 2013, 19:58
It would still need voting in by the membership and be authorised by the people in charge

andyg2011
19th May 2013, 20:10
It would still need voting in by the membership and be authorised by the people in charge

Great idea
Well done for stepping up

Petetourer
21st May 2013, 09:46
Hi all...

I have started to arrange a meet at the Frog, but am waiting to get confirmation of dates from the Frog...

As for a new RS, as above Vinnie has out his name forward and before this I also had interest from a couple of other members as well...

I have given all the names to the Mods and I am sure they will progress things from here...

Either way I don't think you will be without an RS for long guys... ;)

MangoMan
21st May 2013, 09:54
Thanks Pete.... Looking forward to seeing you at the 'Frog'..... ;)

windrush
21st May 2013, 09:56
Hi all...

I have started to arrange a meet at the Frog, but am waiting to get confirmation of dates from the Frog...

As for a new RS, as above Vinnie has out his name forward and before this I also had interest from a couple of other members as well...

I have given all the names to the Mods and I am sure they will progress things from here...

Either way I don't think you will be without an RS for long guys... ;)

Cheers Pete,you are a brick and we owe you for the past meetings at the frog which we are very grateful.Looking forward to seeing you again

windrush
21st May 2013, 16:39
I think that there is now 2 or 3 candidates in the frame

Yeti
30th May 2013, 10:05
Well, I put my name in the frame, but not heard anything, so am assuming that I wasn't needed. Good luck to the new RS, whoever it is going to be. Cheers. Vinnie

Woof25
30th May 2013, 10:29
Not absolutely sure guys but I think as members of the region we do get a vote as to the different candidates so hopefully get the RS we want.
Can I take this opportunity to remind people of Bob,s valiant attempts to get meets going in the city on an all points basis the first will be on July 21st at the Leisure Complex Chaplin Square N12 0GL at midday there are 4 different eateries on the site ranging from burgers to mexican food for your delictatation.

There is also a small group looking at viability of having nano meets such as members in midlands and north do, what we need to identify are site where two day events or even one day ones could be held so members can assist each other in maintaining our wonderful cars without breaking the bank !!!

So dont be shy if you know of such sites you can either pm me or Mr Shed with the info and we will try to work out how we might make it actually work

Thanks again to Petetourer for his sterling work managing two regions & a expectant father to boot !!!

Mike

windrush
30th May 2013, 10:40
Well, I put my name in the frame, but not heard anything, so am assuming that I wasn't needed. Good luck to the new RS, whoever it is going to be. Cheers. Vinnie

Dont give up yet Vinnie I do believe that there are other candidates,But what may be holding you back I dont know mind you and that is that you are only prepare to do two venues The Frog and Wicket and at the Star. I was willing to do the Frog but an RS is required to get more involved but dont give up hope there is still a chance

Gate Keeper
30th May 2013, 10:45
Even though I am out of the country, my membership and home address is where my V6 lives and I for one would support a vote for Flying Banana. I have met the man, know his style and his abilities. He is a friendly chap and speaks his mind. He may not want the job? Should that be the case, I will just say that as I have not had the pleasure yet of meeting the other candidates, I wish them all the best. We are fortunate to have people who are willing to give up their free time and who are willing to do the job as R.S for nothing.

Woof25
30th May 2013, 10:48
I think who ever takes on the task has a lot to deal with and will need the help of the rest of us if it is to become a vibrant active region again.

I think it is possible to do with a sort of small committe to work on the london issues, I know its a nightmare for some to get to meets which is why we are working on idea of regular meet in north south and west as the east is fairly well covered by the meeting held at Halfway House, which I know is in Essex but still within the 50 mile radius most members seem to work on.

Just the thoughts of a small dog

Mike

windrush
30th May 2013, 10:53
Even though I am out of the country, my membership and home address is where my V6 lives and I for one would support a vote for Flying Banana. I have met the man, know his style and his abilities. He is a friendly chap and speaks his mind. He may not want the job? Should that be the case, I will just say that as I have not had the pleasure yet of meeting the other candidates, I wish them all the best. We are fortunate to have people who are willing to give up their free time and who are willing to do the job as R.S for nothing.

Hi Phil it is purely voluntary and does take that up a lot of time it may have helped if London had its own RS as it has been suggested if there is more the one member in the frame members will have a vote on who

Woof25
30th May 2013, 10:54
Your right phil, Bob would be a good candidate even though it would cut down on his roaming !!!:} seriously though I,m sure he would do an excellent job but would need a backup team to help figure out how we resolve the problem of london meets, which we know are a very thorny issue indeed

Hope you are both ok

Mike

Woof25
30th May 2013, 10:59
I am the guilty party derek who suggested london might need its own RS and if bob decided to stand for London Iwould vote for him as would many others I,m sure he is very commited to trying to restabilish the meetings in the city and I am happy to help in ayway I can

Mike

windrush
30th May 2013, 11:31
I am the guilty party derek who suggested london might need its own RS and if bob decided to stand for London Iwould vote for him as would many others I,m sure he is very commited to trying to restabilish the meetings in the city and I am happy to help in ayway I can

Mike

I agree with you all the way Mike

FLYING BANANA
30th May 2013, 19:22
I would be happy to be RS for London. However it is in the laps of the moderators.
Many thanks for the votes.

FIRST LONDON MEET 21st JULY. See the events page for further details.

Woof25
31st May 2013, 10:28
Always a pleasure bob, perhaps because of the unique problems London presents Reebs and the other moderators will consider the option of making london a special case and if it cant be a region in itself then allow us to have a london secretary instead we would all vote for Bob who works constantly for the forum without any reward, so lets acknowledge his efforts by making him the first London Secretary.

Mike