PDA

View Full Version : Stepping Down

derekosb
20th May 2013, 18:28
Hi everyone,

As it has now been made public I thought I should post my own thread to advise that I have decided to stand down as your Regional Secretary.

Simon (Simondi) is working to appoint your new Regional Secretary which I'm sure should be announced shortly.

I feel I am no longer able to devote sufficient time to carry out the role properly and do not feel it is fair to the members to have what has effectively been a part-time RS for the last while.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as RS for this great club and hope that the club continues to grow and serve the membership.

I trust everyone will support the new RS when they are appointed and wish everyone well.

I will pop in from time to time and may even manage along to the odd meet (I'll park the Lexus out of sight) :D.

Thanks to everyone for their support over the last few years.

A sad Derek :(

pab
20th May 2013, 19:02
Derek, your a great guy and I regard you as good friend and I wish you the best.

Still a great memory when we organised the first meet in Silverburn shopping centre, Glasgow back in 2008.

windrush
20th May 2013, 19:17
That is sad news Derek, best of luck for the future

Yella Fella
20th May 2013, 19:31
Derek,
please accept my apology, I didn't realise this subject was not public. I though I had simply missed a thread about the subject as I have not been following whats happening in the region this year. Doh! If I had known it was not public, I wouldn't have asked the question in the other thread. Once again, sorry.

Thank you for what you have done in your time as RS. :bowdown: Best wishes and don't be a stranger.

:getmecoat: Glenn

Thomas
20th May 2013, 19:42
Derek please come along to any future meets you can as I for one enjoyed chatting to you at the meets I attended.

about time you got another Rover anyway :getmecoat:;):D:D

MASTIFF2
20th May 2013, 22:18
Sorry to see you go Derek , hope to catch up with you again at a meet or show sometime .

cheers

Brian

J1MBO
20th May 2013, 22:32
Derek, I'm really sorry to learn that you are stepping down, but quite understand your reasons.

Imho you have been an inspiration to all with your enthusiasm and the fantastic meets you arranged, I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks you're going to be a hard act to follow.

It's been a pleasure knowing you, please don't be a stranger :cool:.

derekosb
20th May 2013, 22:32
Derek, your a great guy and I regard you as good friend and I wish you the best.

Still a great memory when we organised the first meet in Silverburn shopping centre, Glasgow back in 2008.

Thanks Paul. Likewise my friend.

That is sad news Derek, best of luck for the future

Cheers Derek.

Derek,
please accept my apology, I didn't realise this subject was not public. I though I had simply missed a thread about the subject as I have not been following whats happening in the region this year. Doh! If I had known it was not public, I wouldn't have asked the question in the other thread. Once again, sorry.

Thank you for what you have done in your time as RS. :bowdown: Best wishes and don't be a stranger.

:getmecoat: Glenn

No worries Glenn, I was close to going "public" as it were, just waiting for Simon to confirm my successor which will hopefully be confirmed shortly. Thank you for all your help and I will still pop in .

Derek please come along to any future meets you can as I for one enjoyed chatting to you at the meets I attended.

about time you got another Rover anyway :getmecoat:;):D:D

I hope to manage along to the odd meet so I can keep in touch with everyone I have met over the years.

Sorry to see you go Derek , hope to catch up with you again at a meet or show sometime .

cheers

Brian

Cheers Brian, hopefully there will be opportunities to catch up.

Thanks everyone,

Derek

Tim_Burgess
23rd May 2013, 17:27
Crikey! go away for a couple of weeks and look what happens!!!

Sorry to hear that you are stepping down Derek, you have done a brilliant job and will be sorely missed.

Keep in touch.

derekosb
26th May 2013, 00:05
Crikey! go away for a couple of weeks and look what happens!!!

Sorry to hear that you are stepping down Derek, you have done a brilliant job and will be sorely missed.

Keep in touch.

Thanks Tim,

I will keep popping on the forum, however as you may have noticed how little I have been on of late, it will not be my old situation of every day!!

I am still planning on coming down to Gretna at least. :D

Derek

keithybhoy
5th June 2013, 19:10
Derek. Sad to see this amungst other things that i have missed this year.i enjoyed meeting with u before the past couple of meets even if there was a jag kicking abut lol.

Sad times but il see u at gretna if ur there mate :) :)

2Diesels
5th June 2013, 19:35
But..but......you cant go you're the bestest meet organiser in the whole club:bowdown:
I hope you'll still hang around:shrug:

FLYER
5th June 2013, 21:44
But..but......you cant go you're the bestest meet organiser in the whole club:bowdown:
I,m hoping he organizes the gretna meet.
:shrug:

2Diesels
5th June 2013, 22:09
Same here........it's a nice little meet that:}

Woof25
7th June 2013, 12:20
Never had the pleasure of meeting Derek, but it sounds like he has done a great job as RS looking at the area he had to cover makes me question again if some areas shouldnt be divided with 2 RS,s I am trying to make the case for London as a peculiar and hopefully will be accepted as we have a very able candidate who actually wants the job, I feel more people would stand if they knew they had another RS close by to liase with.

Enjoy your retirement Derek and as members have said dont be a stranger they all seem to love you:D

Mike

derekosb
10th June 2013, 21:46
Derek. Sad to see this amungst other things that i have missed this year.i enjoyed meeting with u before the past couple of meets even if there was a jag kicking abut lol.

Sad times but il see u at gretna if ur there mate :) :)

Cheers Keith, appreciate that and hope to make Gretna.

Hi Col, I will pop in regularly. I've never found another forum quite like this one and I've made too many good friends on here to disappear. :D

I was expecting a new RS to have been appointed and did not want to step on any "new" toes so to speak. If there is not a new RS then I still have the contacts and can make an enquiry.

Never had the pleasure of meeting Derek, but it sounds like he has done a great job as RS looking at the area he had to cover makes me question again if some areas shouldnt be divided with 2 RS,s I am trying to make the case for London as a peculiar and hopefully will be accepted as we have a very able candidate who actually wants the job, I feel more people would stand if they knew they had another RS close by to liase with.

Enjoy your retirement Derek and as members have said dont be a stranger they all seem to love you:D

Mike

Cheers Mike,

That is something that has been suggested as after all I had a whole country to try and cover, however we need members to step forward. Hopefully the position should be filled soon.

Appreciate your comments though Mike. Thanks.

Derek

FLYER
12th June 2013, 12:37
PM replied to derek.:D

derekosb
12th June 2013, 12:45
Cheers George,

Wheels in motion as they say........;)

Derek

suzublu
12th June 2013, 13:49
Cheers George,

Wheels in motion as they say........;)

Derek

Ooh,does this mean The Coalburn Flyer is going to be RS for the Scotlanders :shrug::D

FrazzleTC
12th June 2013, 15:15
I was sorry to read that you've stepped down from your position of RS, Derek. I've thoroughly enjoyed meets that you've organised, and they enabled me to meet a lot of the Scottish members. You'll be missed!

FLYER
13th June 2013, 07:29
Ooh,does this mean The Coalburn Flyer is going to be RS for the Scotlanders :shrug::D

You always did have a great imagination ronnie...:D
It seems to me that the mod team might be having trouble finding someone to be RS and future meets might have to be sorted on an ad hoc basis but the monthly Hawes meet will continue and the anglo-scottish at Gretna will be assured.

Simondi
13th June 2013, 09:00
Don't speak too soon.
Things are underway with what, hopefully, should be a positive reorganisation:D

FLYER
13th June 2013, 09:25
Don't speak too soon.
Things are underway with what, hopefully, should be a positive reorganisation:D

Good stuff.

sworks
13th June 2013, 22:58

Yep, what Colin says :D

FLYER
13th June 2013, 23:12
Yep, what Colin says :DI have said in the past and will say again that Derek has been an extraordinary Regional sec.

The first time i met him at the the St Andrews meet i thought [what a complete gent] .
Polite to everyone and helpful and communicative..

I next met him at the Loch Lomond meet [his baby] and again he came across as the perfect host.

Over the years i met him at various meets in many places and his attention to detail was exceptional.

I in fact said once that in a war situation he could lead a battalion.:D

Whoever takes his place will need a new tailor because Dereks clothes just WONT fit him.:bowdown: