PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Tree Meet Sunday 16th June

rich17865
21st May 2013, 06:59
Our next arranged monthly Sunday meet will be on the 16th June at 12pm at the Hollow Tree in Stretton.

My family and I will be there to get some food, I will as usual have my tools with me. Come along, bring the family, with the weather getting better it makes for a nice Sunday out!

Please don't turn up and leave without finding us, send me a PM and I will let you have my phone number in case you cannot find us.

Please be aware that regional meets are not official 75 & ZT Owners Clubs meets and as such are not covered by the clubs public liability insurance.
Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

carguy143
6th June 2013, 09:43
I think we should try not to hide in the corner this time Rich. :getmecoat:

Frank Incensed
6th June 2013, 12:50
I think we should try not to hide in the corner this time Rich. :getmecoat:

Yeah Rik! It's unlikely that I'll be coming for a game of Hide and Seek. :D

MattyC
11th June 2013, 01:35
I'll be here, however due to me doing my back in the other day and not being able to walk over the weekend, and being told to take it easy, I may have a dirty car (seem to be picking up tonnes of flies on the way to work and back) :(

stemorty
11th June 2013, 17:18
yeh i will be there, first time as newbie so hope to say hello to all there, think dad coming in his too(jondonwar) see you there :D

plownds
11th June 2013, 19:20
Might just show up as it's only down the road.Mine is a red zt 260.:)

rich17865
11th June 2013, 19:46
yeh i will be there, first time as newbie so hope to say hello to all there, think dad coming in his too(jondonwar) see you there :D

Might just show up as it's only down the road.Mine is a red zt 260.:)

It will be great to see you both there.

RichandPaula
12th June 2013, 10:22
Hmm, This Sunday?

We might be going past on the way back from MG Live...:shrug:

IF we make it, please try to ignore the road dirt and dead flies stuck on the front of the car as it's just done an approx. 300 mile round trip!
:o

andyg2011
12th June 2013, 10:29
Hmm, This Sunday?

We might be going past on the way back from MG Live...:shrug:

IF we make it, please try to ignore the road dirt and dead flies stuck on the front of the car as it's just done an approx. 300 mile round trip!
:o

Am sure you can get rich to have a bucket of soapy water ready :getmecoat:

rich17865
12th June 2013, 18:07
Am sure you can get rich to have a bucket of soapy water ready :getmecoat:

Must be joking! I don't even wash my car.

Are you coming along Andy? Show off yours?

Godfer
12th June 2013, 18:10

SuBtle with a silent 'B' ;)

rich17865
12th June 2013, 18:19

Fed up of pussyfooting around the subject, Andy is as welcome as everyone else and shouldn't feel otherwise.

andyg2011
12th June 2013, 18:22

Yes I will be there but no showing off rich am just there for good chat and if I can help anybody in need :D

Lol Sid

andyg2011
12th June 2013, 18:23
Fed up of pussyfooting around the subject, Andy is as welcome as everyone else and shouldn't feel otherwise.

Thank you chat Sunday

Ill bring the bucket for you :getmecoat:

Godfer
12th June 2013, 18:23

Entirely agree!!! I welcome any and all to 'cement' friendships at our 'Club'!

Looking forward to seeing Andy on Sunday!!!

andyg2011
12th June 2013, 18:24
Entirely agree!!! I welcome any and all to 'cement' friendships at our 'Club'!

Looking forward to seeing Andy on Sunday!!!

Cheers bud

See you there

carguy143
13th June 2013, 10:54
What have i missed? :shrug:

andyg2011
13th June 2013, 11:02
What have i missed? :shrug:

Long story lol

Maybe it will one up on Sundayyyy:getmecoat:

carguy143
13th June 2013, 14:22
Long story lol

Maybe it will one up on Sundayyyy:getmecoat:

Maybe. Well i'll see you all there anyway. I've got my daughter again this week, too.

vindaloo
13th June 2013, 17:18
Just back from holiday yesterday and spent most of today in hospital after a small procedure under a general anaesthetic so feeling a little groggy and tired. I was booked in to go to Harewood on Sunday but as I'm not allowed to drive until Sunday decided it's a bit too much for me.

With this meet being close to me, I should be able to make it for a couple of hours.

carguy143
14th June 2013, 12:21
Just back from holiday yesterday and spent most of today in hospital after a small procedure under a general anaesthetic so feeling a little groggy and tired. I was booked in to go to Harewood on Sunday but as I'm not allowed to drive until Sunday decided it's a bit too much for me.

With this meet being close to me, I should be able to make it for a couple of hours.

Hopefully see you on sunday Jim.

Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Frank Incensed
14th June 2013, 12:34
Hope you're more comfortable soon Jim. At least your cars are kind on the posterior!:D

vindaloo
14th June 2013, 12:55
Hopefully see you on sunday Jim.

Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Thanks Rik.

Hope you're more comfortable soon Jim. At least your cars are kind on the posterior!:D

Very true, Robert.

Gman2
16th June 2013, 07:59
I should be able to make this :) I'll be there c 1300hrs but can't stay long.

lightningmark
16th June 2013, 08:14
Looks like we may have a dry day for it today does anybody have a couple of spare fir tree clips they could bring as my ocd wife has put mine "away somewhere" and for the life of me I can't find them, my own fault for leaving them on kitchen table lol.
Anyway door cards are off and I would appreciate it guys

rich17865
16th June 2013, 08:27
Looks like we may have a dry day for it today does anybody have a couple of spare fir tree clips they could bring as my ocd wife has put mine "away somewhere" and for the life of me I can't find them, my own fault for leaving them on kitchen table lol.
Anyway door cards are off and I would appreciate it guys

Yes of course, I have plenty, you are welcome to a few, it is the least I can do.

lightningmark
16th June 2013, 08:30
Yes of course, I have plenty, you are welcome to a few, it is the least I can do.

Fantastic thanks Rich knew I could count on you to save the day!

DerekS
16th June 2013, 10:22
Have a good meet you guys, Hope its better there than this wet ,cool Cornwall ! :drool4:

Frank Incensed
16th June 2013, 10:26
Have a good meet you guys, Hope its better there than this wet ,cool Cornwall ! :drool4:

I sincerely hope the news is good Derek - even if the weather isn't.

Regards

Robert

rich17865
16th June 2013, 16:53
Thanks to everyone for coming today, looks like the spanners have come out of hiding again for a bit of action on Sid's car :D

vindaloo
16th June 2013, 17:27
Yes, reasonable turnout. Enjoyed it as always.

Godfer
16th June 2013, 17:37
Thanks to everyone for coming today, looks like the spanners have come out of hiding again for a bit of action on Sid's car :D

Rich, as ever, your kind and knowledgeable actions were much appreciated!!! :bowdown:

Alas, upon return home my motor has suffered some bizarre electrical maladies!

The remote locking has gone haywire. Upon return and attempted operation it simply didn't! Thinking battery I tried my other fob. Again nowt! Indeed, upon pressing the 'open' button (on each fob) there was a single mechanical click from the locking mechanism and nothing at all from the 'lock' buttons. The in car button operated as per expectation. Moreover, the key in the lock only operated the drivers door! I checked all fuses anyhow...all were sound.

Then it got weird! With the engine running, the remote locking operated with the other fob (and vice a versa).

Then I noticed the trip was resetting after each ignition start. Took the car 'round the block to confirm trip operation - and it did as per expectation, yet reset upon switch off (and subsequent restart).

Then the remote locking worked again!!!

Any thoughts? I'm gonna post it upon Technical Help and canvass opinion of the wider Club

Sid

rich17865
16th June 2013, 18:07
Rich, as ever, your kind and knowledgeable actions were much appreciated!!! :bowdown:

Alas, upon return home my motor has suffered some bizarre electrical maladies!

The remote locking has gone haywire. Upon return and attempted operation it simply didn't! Thinking battery I tried my other fob. Again nowt! Indeed, upon pressing the 'open' button (on each fob) there was a single mechanical click from the locking mechanism and nothing at all from the 'lock' buttons. The in car button operated as per expectation. Moreover, the key in the lock only operated the drivers door! I checked all fuses anyhow...all were sound.

Then it got weird! With the engine running, the remote locking operated with the other fob (and vice a versa).

Then I noticed the trip was resetting after each ignition start. Took the car 'round the block to confirm trip operation - and it did as per expectation, yet reset upon switch off (and subsequent restart).

Then the remote locking worked again!!!

Any thoughts? I'm gonna post it upon Technical Help and canvass opinion of the wider Club

Sid

Pass!

I only ran the wires up to the vanity mirrors!

Have you tried battery off for 30 mins?

Godfer
16th June 2013, 18:15
Pass!

I only ran the wires up to the vanity mirrors!

Have you tried battery off for 30 mins?

Rich, I know. I'm thinking (I know it's dangerous!!! ) with the fitting of the illuminated visors, is it possible the 'systems' need to 'learn' given a new electrical connection is in place?

I will disconnect the battery at work in the 'morrow if the gremlins persist! The remote locking function resumed, the trip resetting is bizarre!!! :shrug:

carguy143
16th June 2013, 19:56
Thanks again to all those who turned out, it was a great meet. The carvery was excellent, too. Let's just hope it continues.

Rich, I know. I'm thinking (I know it's dangerous!!! ) with the fitting of the illuminated visors, is it possible the 'systems' need to 'learn' given a new electrical connection is in place?

I will disconnect the battery at work in the 'morrow if the gremlins persist! The remote locking function resumed, the trip resetting is bizarre!!! :shrug:

I remember Rich saying the connectors were near the light switch (LSM), it could be possible that some wires were disturbed in that area.

Rik.

andyg2011
16th June 2013, 20:01
Great to see you guys again and new faces

I liked the V8 that turned up too :drool4:

The bite to eat we had was also good,

:smilie_re:Hoping you get your car sorted Sid ;)

lightningmark
16th June 2013, 21:28
The mystery deepens! On my way home from today's meet I noticed my trip had reset on both trip meters on ipk, exactly like the battery had been disconnected but then I realised I still had radio stations stored so no.
Reckon we must have been subject to a weird magnetic field lol

andyg2011
16th June 2013, 21:31
The mystery deepens! On my way home from today's meet I noticed my trip had reset on both trip meters on ipk, exactly like the battery had been disconnected but then I realised I still had radio stations stored so no.

Wow that's 2 of you now

Crazyyyyy

rich17865
16th June 2013, 22:10

Really??? What are the chances?

I bet it was the glider guy, must have been testing some new hi tech weapon. The baddies must be planning on confusing us to death.

RichandPaula
17th June 2013, 10:17
Sorry we didn't make it guys, we didn't get back from MG Live @ Silverstone until late afternoon.

Hope you all had a good meet. :)

firefly
17th June 2013, 15:41
Excellent meeting yesterday - hopefully will be able to make the July event.