PDA

View Full Version : Where can i get?

roytheboy1
11th December 2006, 18:32
Dilemma do i keep my harmony stereo and buy a connects2 for my ipod?
Or buy a facia and loom kit for my alpine unit from my old car?
What are the facia panels like are there any gaps do they fit ok
& would my alpine look any good? i dont mind the look of the standard unit.
This is my alpine.
http://www.alpine-europe.com/content/cms/index.php?p=2387&details=1&highlight=9847#2387

GreyGhost
11th December 2006, 18:46
Dilemma do i keep my harmony stereo and buy a connects2 for my ipod?
Or buy a facia and loom kit for my alpine unit from my old car?
What are the facia panels like are there any gaps do they fit ok
& would my alpine look any good? i dont mind the look of the standard unit.
This is my alpine.
http://www.alpine-europe.com/content/cms/index.php?p=2387&details=1&highlight=9847#2387

I've got the 9831R in my zed very happy with it, sound is very good without distortion unless it is virtually full on. Switch boxes allowing use of Ipod and Disc changer are available plus an Ipod link cable. I don't know exactly what these two items are as I was quoted for them when I had the Alpine installed by a third party. never got around to the extras as I don't really need an Ipod.

roytheboy1
11th December 2006, 18:52
Do you have any pictures of your stereo fitted?

GreyGhost
11th December 2006, 19:01
Do you have any pictures of your stereo fitted?

I can go and take a snap now. won't be long :)

Ken
11th December 2006, 19:04
I can go and take a snap now. won't be long :)

Roy

When Grey Ghost says he won't be long you have to remember it means him passing the toilet twice on his way to and from his car and at his age it takes a while :laughing2:

GreyGhost
11th December 2006, 19:12
There you go, looks much better in the flesh with all the lights on, flash photography does it no favours

http://homepage.mac.com/mgzt180/mmcars/Pics1/head unit.jpg

GreyGhost
11th December 2006, 19:14
Roy

When Grey Ghost says he won't be long you have to remember it means him passing the toilet twice on his way to and from his car and at his age it takes a while :laughing2:

Never pass a toilet never waste an ere.......... need I go on :)

And BTW ageist comments constitute a banning offence. especially when aimed at me, now where did I leave that big brown sticky thing?

roytheboy1
11th December 2006, 20:19
Great photo is that the rover facia or the autoleads one?
Would you know where i can get a rover one from?

GreyGhost
11th December 2006, 20:28
Great photo is that the rover facia or the autoleads one?
Would you know where i can get a rover one from?

Sorry can't help that was on the car when I bought it. The original head was a very cheap and nasty pioneer that was not compatible with the steering controls. Offered me a downgrade in head units to make it compatible. I won't repeat here what I told them.

Any Zed in + configuration would have one, SE's had the OEM equipment. Someone in the know will be along shortly. :)

roytheboy1
11th December 2006, 21:13
can anybody help where can i get? a oringinal stereo facia for a single din stereo.

Simon
11th December 2006, 21:34
Xpart dealers should be able to order your one. Also try Rimmer Bro's too.

You may find the odd one on eBay every now and then too.

There are two styles, a regular angled one and the later rounded-finished one.

Don't have any pictures I'm affraid so I wonder if anyone else would like to oblidge in providing some...?

GreyGhost
11th December 2006, 21:41
Threads merged for continuity.

Simon
11th December 2006, 21:42
EDIT: Damn you GG! Why do you move things when I'm typing! :laughing2:

Think I just posted on your other thread , but bassically the fascia GG has on his car appears to be the latter "rounded" facsia. There is a similar one but wihout the nice rounded bits.

The autoleads one along with pretty much every other aftermarket fascia adapter for the 75/ZT is poo. Make no mistake. Its poo.

It has on off-set slot which is surrounded by a vast sea of plastic.

Tried one in my car. I took it out after precisely 36 seconds. (the time it took me to say to myself "Ohh no. That will never do...") :rofl: