FLYING BANANA
21st May 2013, 21:11
Halfway house meet

THE 36th SOUTH EAST MEET

SUNDAY 23/06/2013. 12:00pm-5pm AT THE HALFWAY HOUSE - BRENTWOOD

Sponsored by MJS Auto & Marine
http://www.mjsautoandmarine.co.uk/

WELCOME

Welcome to MG-ROVER-South East,we have been doing this event for around two years and have steadily built it into the biggest regular MG-Rover South East meet,there have been some changes of venue along the way,but at Brentwood it has worked best and continues to be the regular meet venue

We meet up around the 3rd Sunday of the Month,but sometimes due to other popular events this is changed by a week either side.The Halfway House in Brentwood,has easy access from the M25/A127 to Southend,it has a large car park of which we use the back near the play area,serves meals and drinks and has all the facilities we could use

ABOUT THE MEET

We arrive as the designated time which is early in the afternoon
so that we can make a day of it and avoid the dark nights that
we get in the winter months.

After looking at Members Cars we take a few pics and weather
permiting we stay outside to greet anyone who has yet to arrive,
were not hard to find as we all park together in the Venue Car Park,
the current Meet Rep is Fast Alan who drives a ROVER 200 BRM so
keep an eye out.These Meets are Family Friendly and we welcome anyone to
participate.

There are a good handful of us from all over the London, Kent and
Essex areas but we gladly welcome more, if you know any other
Members on other forums near the Meet or Friends who own an MG-ROVER
then SPREAD THE WORD and post up Topics on your respective
owners Club Web-sites.

We have a few basic rules for the Meet, this is to make sure we
Represent the club in a responsible manner

1. NO ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR
2. NO WHEEL SPINS
3. NO BURN-OUTS
4. NO DOHNUTS
5. NO DANGEROUS MANUVERS (Handbreak turns etc)
6. NO BLASTING SOUND SYSTEMS
7. DRINK RESPONSIBLY

Disclaimer,please read

ANY BREECH THESE RULES AND YOU WILL EJECTED FROM THE MEET AND BANNED FROM FUTURE MEETS

MEETING DETAILS

The best way to come is exiting the M25 at Juncton 29 and taking the A127
as The Halfway House is located straight of it, there is also a Juntction and
slipway right next to it which is handy for heading back to the M25.

The Directions and Post Codes listed below will get you there.

ADDRESS

The HALFWAY HOUSE
Southend Arterial Road, (A127)
Brentwood,
Essex,
CM13 3LL - (Be sure to remember this for your Sat-Nav)

FACILITIES

Large Beer Garden
Wheelchair Access
Disabled Toilet
Baby Changing Facility
Outdoor Children's Play Area
Car Parking 100+ spaces
Debit & Credit Cards accepted
Great Hot Food
Selection of Beers, Wines and Spirits

WEBSITES, MAPS & LINKS

The Halfway house website

Google Map

MG-Rover South East Facebook page

If you have ANY Problems just send Admin
a PM if you need anymore info or Directions,
we are happy to send out Mobile Numbers to anyone
interested in coming so we can keep in touch for Future
meets and events.

1-Alan (Rover BRM)
2-Bob (MG ZT. The Flying Banana) Bring Sunglasses
3-Kevin (MG ZS)
4-Dave (MG ZTT)
5- Dave's better half Becky (MG ZR)
6-Grandy (Rover 75)
7-Woof25 (Rover 75)
8-Woody804 (MG ZS)
9-Man5ell (MG ZT)
10-
11- Dave (Dodge V8 or MK1 VW Golf)
12- Mark (MG ZT)
13- Lauren (MG ZR)

PLUS another 19 from the MGR-South Facebook page

PLUS There Will Be A T4 operator on site.

Event Disclaimer
Please be aware this is not an offical 75 and ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club's public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in anyway.

zonk1969
28th May 2013, 17:14
will be there also with the trouble and strife :}

coolcat
28th May 2013, 17:56
Can't make this one as I'll be at the Manningtree car show the Sunday following.
Hope to see you all at the July meet though:}

FLYING BANANA
28th May 2013, 18:10
will be there also with the trouble and strife :}
On the list Becky and Dave.

FLYING BANANA
28th May 2013, 18:11
Can't make this one as I'll be at the Manningtree car show the Sunday following.
Hope to see you all at the July meet though:}

New London meet on Sunday 21st July. May clash with Halfway House meet.

coolcat
28th May 2013, 18:13
New London meet on Sunday 21st July. May clash with Halfway House meet.

I feel a two meets in one day is a possibility :D
I'm sure the M25 will be up to it;)

grandy
29th May 2013, 10:16
you can ad me to the list please Bob, will try hard to be there a lot depends on how the wife is feeling ,she is unwell ---------GARY

Woof25
29th May 2013, 10:21
Count in for june bob msaybe alan will go to 4th sunday to help us out for our new meeting project in July ?

Mike

FLYING BANANA
29th May 2013, 11:49
Grandy and Woof25 added to list.

david75
7th June 2013, 21:24
Unfortunately won't be at this one, as I am away that weekend.
Hope the sun shines for you. David

Woof25
9th June 2013, 18:40
I tried to contact fastalan on .org t see if he woul put back the HH meet for July by a week to help us out but sadly no reply as yet but Im still hoping

mike

FLYING BANANA
10th June 2013, 08:41
The date for for the July meeting at the HH will be decided at the June meet. As for the NEW London meet, it will be up to the individual when and where they attend.

woody804
10th June 2013, 15:40
Im on it please Bob.
Paul

Woof25
10th June 2013, 15:54
I realize Bob it was a bit of a cheek me asking alan to change his meet, but I'm sure he would help us get started if he can, the more i meet members from other forums the more I realize we are all the same !! nuts about our cars lol :D:D

FLYING BANANA
10th June 2013, 16:49
The meet for the NEW London meet is well known to Alan. This is where they used to meet, before discovering The Halfway House. I will speak to Alan at the HH.

Woof25
10th June 2013, 18:03
OK Bob I will leave it to you and keep my beak out of thing I know not the history of LOL

man5ell
13th June 2013, 08:32
Hi Bob,
I hope to be there if I can get a pass from Mrs Wife :D
Regards,
Simon

coolcat
13th June 2013, 09:41
Hi Bob,
I hope to be there if I can get a pass from Mrs Wife :D
Regards,
Simon

Oh a Nigel fan:D
Good taste!
You know it's the Silverstone Grand Prix on that Sunday?
Never fear, I have Tv in the car;)

man5ell
13th June 2013, 11:22
Oh a Nigel fan:D
Good taste!
You know it's the Silverstone Grand Prix on that Sunday?
Never fear, I have Tv in the car;)

A Williams man mainly (since '79) but yep, gotta Our Nige :D
More of a Webber man now though. I do quite a lot of work for his Supporters Club and I've had the cahnce to meet (and race against him) a few times. He knows me as "The Car Man" as I've made some special kits for him and some "special" Club members. Here's me and the man at Daytona at Milton Keynes a few years ago with one of my creations :bowdown:

PS
The BGP is the weekend after

FLYING BANANA
13th June 2013, 11:53
Man5ell on the list. I have always been a Lotus supporter.

coolcat
13th June 2013, 12:33
Due to a Coolcat senior moment I've just realised I was replying to the Halfway House meet and not the Manningtree meet.....Doh!!!!
Ignore what I said about Silverstone, that's next week whilst we are at Manningtree :D
Those of you at the Halfway the week before needn't miss anything:}
Me is going back to bed now:getmecoat:

BlueTrophy
15th June 2013, 12:26
Count me in :)

FLYING BANANA
15th June 2013, 15:00
Count me in :)

On the ever growing list. Lets hope the sun is shining.

BlueTrophy
16th June 2013, 20:50
On the ever growing list. Lets hope the sun is shining.

With the Flying Banana in attendance the sun is always shining!!

rickd
17th June 2013, 17:33
hope to go to , this would be my first one.:)

Woof25
17th June 2013, 18:38
Do come you wont regret it and even if it rains we have the pub and little chef to continue the chat in !!!

Woof25
19th June 2013, 13:37
News Flash : T4 will be available at this meet just had confirmation from owner. so good waeather and t4 yippeee

coolcat
19th June 2013, 14:21
News Flash : T4 will be available at this meet just had confirmation from owner. so good waeather and t4 yippeee

Now I'm gutted that I won't be able to come:shrug:

FLYING BANANA
19th June 2013, 14:27
Are you not coming now?

grandy
19th June 2013, 14:37

come on Jeff Manningtree is not till the week after you can do both, be great to see you turn up. you can answer my questions then, about Seans DD unit will it not do post code search? that's one of them , GARY.

coolcat
19th June 2013, 15:16
come on Jeff Manningtree is not till the week after you can do both, be great to see you turn up. you can answer my questions then, about Seans DD unit will it not do post code search? that's one of them , GARY.

Hi Gary,
Have answered your pm Sir:}
Unfortunatly I can't make it as I'm installing a head unit for a forum member who's coming to me on this Sunday:D

Postcode will work, you have to enter a space when inputting postcode;)

grandy
19th June 2013, 15:29
ok Jeff, that's a great reason not to be at HH so will let you off ,good news that the sat nav will do post code, I need to try it nothing is a problem I am sure one of the guys will show me if I can't crack it on Sunday, have a nice time at Manningtree meet, and don't go to Hanningfield by mistake,---GARY.

coolcat
19th June 2013, 15:35
Are you not coming now?

Sorry Bob,
Missed this post somehow!!
I'm afraid not, I'm pretty sure I posted that I couldn't make this one from the opening of this thread;)

Yep, post number three!
I've not completely lost my marbles then, well maybe a little !

coolcat
19th June 2013, 15:36
ok Jeff, that's a great reason not to be at HH so will let you off ,good news that the sat nav will do post code, I need to try it nothing is a problem I am sure one of the guys will show me if I can't crack it on Sunday, have a nice time at Manningtree meet, and don't go to Hanningfield by mistake,---GARY.

I'll try not to end up in the wrong place Gary, has been known though:D:D:getmecoat:

man5ell
20th June 2013, 07:00
Just had the "official nod" from Mrs Wife, so a scrub down, fuel up and I'll be ready :D

Will have to be an early arrive, sharp leave as I've got some chores to do in the later pm but really looking forward to it. See you there,

L,P&B,
Simon

FLYING BANANA
22nd June 2013, 07:34
Huge Bump For tomorrows meet.
25+ cars expected

BlueTrophy
22nd June 2013, 21:26
Hi all,

I'm sorry for the last minute notice but I won't be attending tomorrow. Another road user had a road-rage incident and I was assaulted whilst driving the MG this evening. For those of you that have met me I'm a gentle giant and I'm genuinely baffled as to what happened. The police are investigating so I can't say any more.

I'm absolutely fine, purely shaken up. Probably for the best I have a rest tomorrow as the last thing I want to think about is the M25.

All the best for tomorrow - hope the weather holds :)

Jamie

FLYING BANANA
22nd June 2013, 21:58
As long as you are ok that is the main thing. Another meet another day. Best regards.

FLYING BANANA
23rd June 2013, 14:07
18 cars finally made the meet. Will post up some pictures when I get home.

BlueTrophy
23rd June 2013, 15:43
18 cars finally made the meet. Will post up some pictures when I get home.

Cheers :) Look forward to seeing them!

FLYING BANANA
23rd June 2013, 17:15
Few pictures via iPad. But for whatever reason I can only post one picture at a time via iPad. Will put pictures on from camera later. No doubt someone will be along in awhile to explain what I am doing wrong.

Woof25
23rd June 2013, 17:44
There are some really odd individuals out there jamie who believe they have divine right to drive as they wish with little or no regard to other rood users, missed you today & you missed chance to have a T4 MOT :}
which which six members had and passed with flying colous one had the upgrade and was amazed by cars performance after and was happy as larry

Maybe see you at the Finchley meet on 21st July where we will have a T4 present, next HH meet will be the 28th of July which is 3rd anniversary and will be a run down to southend for lunch

Woof25
23rd June 2013, 18:13
I did take some pics which I hope to load without having to reduce them so here goes

Woof25
23rd June 2013, 18:22
a few more I think the changeable weather put quite a few off but those who attended had a good time as usual

BlueTrophy
23rd June 2013, 20:26
There are some really odd individuals out there jamie who believe they have divine right to drive as they wish with little or no regard to other rood users, missed you today & you missed chance to have a T4 MOT :}
which which six members had and passed with flying colous one had the upgrade and was amazed by cars performance after and was happy as larry

Maybe see you at the Finchley meet on 21st July where we will have a T4 present, next HH meet will be the 28th of July which is 3rd anniversary and will be a run down to southend for lunch

Thank you for your kind words. Looks like you had a good meet! I'll definitely be at the next meet - plonker drivers permitting!

I've left the car feeling lonely today however with you lot out at the meet managed to get a set of blue alcantara seats from the parts for sale section. So not all bad news!

Woof25
24th June 2013, 12:33
Well Jamie just shows some clouds do really have a silver lining :D

Manners
27th June 2013, 03:51
Hi just missed this meet whens the next one?

FLYING BANANA
27th June 2013, 07:21
Hi just missed this meet whens the next one?
28th July. Meet at 11am. Anniversary run to Southend. Full details on events page under heading of JULY HALFWAY HOUSE MEET.

Manners
28th June 2013, 13:07
28th July. Meet at 11am. Anniversary run to Southend. Full details on events page under heading of JULY HALFWAY HOUSE MEET.

Thanks for letting me know I may have to sneak away as the baby is due on that day? I will tell her I'm just popping to the shops :)