PDA

View Full Version : fixing interior squeaks

Howey
26th May 2013, 22:07
I have already posted on here previously about curing dashboard squeaks, but thought i would share my simple modification to cure the squeaking where the seat leather rubs against the centre console transmission tunnel. a couple of well placed pieces of fabric sticky tape on the rub points cures it. picture attached where i did it today whilst i had the drivers seat out for the airbag wiring repair. doesn't look pretty but once the seat is fitted back in you cant even see the tape...

Howie666
27th May 2013, 08:52
I have already posted on here previously about curing dashboard squeaks, but thought i would share my simple modification to cure the squeaking where the seat leather rubs against the centre console transmission tunnel. a couple of well placed pieces of fabric sticky tape on the rub points cures it. picture attached where i did it today whilst i had the drivers seat out for the airbag wiring repair. doesn't look pretty but once the seat is fitted back in you cant even see the tape...

Neat fix. Another one for the list...

1gp
27th May 2013, 09:25

yes , good mod , mine is doing the same , it drives me mad...:}

pab
27th May 2013, 09:45
A temporary fix for this is a small amount of silicone spray on the outside of the seat bolster where it touches the centre console. The problem only happens in my case, in the warmer weather.

1gp
27th May 2013, 13:02
A temporary fix for this is a small amount of silicone spray on the outside of the seat bolster where it touches the centre console. The problem only happens in my case, in the warmer weather.

very true , mines done it over the past few days...:}

gazza190
27th May 2013, 13:03
where do you buy the tape. i woukd need black
mine drives me mad

neilb740
27th May 2013, 13:30
Its the seat belt latch rubbing against the seat that i find most anoying! I have been thinking about trying to wrap fabric around that.