PDA

View Full Version : MG ZT Sport £4000

David3807
12th December 2006, 13:27
Looks a nice motor but can not seem to track the Reg No at the DVLA ???!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-MG-ZT-2-5-V6-180-SE-SPORTS-AUTO-LEATHER-SAT-NA_W0QQitemZ320060785289QQihZ011QQcategoryZ18262QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ken
12th December 2006, 13:49
First registered Christmas day 2004 :confused:

MOT due July 2007 :confused:

A third of the price it should be?

I have also checked DVLA and nothing comes up

biggee
12th December 2006, 13:50
looks too good to be true !

GreyGhost
12th December 2006, 13:57
Decidedly dodgy at that price as Ken says 12K would be more like it.

Commodore
12th December 2006, 17:24
As the saying goes - if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Way too cheap, seller with 0 feedback, not looking good.

Chris

David3807
13th December 2006, 23:08
DVLA Web site. Go to vehicle enquiry.

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/index.jsp

Commodore
13th December 2006, 23:33
I paid £4,750 for my 2002 75 2.0 V6 Club with 24k on the clock. That might have been slightly expensive but even so, £4K for a 2004 car with only 9400 miles is far too cheap.
A similar example from me, I paid £6,000 this past August for my 2.0 V6 with 9,500 on the clock, a couple of serious stone chips and nowhere near the interior spec of the ZT in question here. A little high you might argue but it was from a recognised, if subsequently useless dealer with a 30 month warranty.

pondweed
14th December 2006, 09:03
it looks like the liability line (up top) might when the last taxt ran out
(it worked for my old mg which got wrapped round a pole in 1991 and I imagine lived no longer....)

otherwise, it shows when the thing is taxed until further down below.

it would be nice to find a way of tracing particular registrations and if they were still on road and if so where.. I imagine this is 'police and insurance company territory' but anyone have any knowledge of ways to go about it !?

David3807
14th December 2006, 12:14
David - 1/ if a search brings up 'Enquiry Complete' (as opposed to 'Vehicle details could not be found'), does it mean it's still on the road?

2/ One of mine brings up 'Enquiry Complete' but it also says 'Vehicle Status........License Not Due'

Does that mean it's still on the road or not? I'm confused :confused:

1/Probably means just still on the Register. I sent a vehicle for scrap in July 2005 and it is still showing on the register but as unlicenced. It was not driveable when it left me.

2/It means that it has a current licence and can be on the road.

Ken
14th December 2006, 14:35
I phoned DVLA earlier and asked about the car (F139 PUL / Volvo 740 Turbo). The scrap people who I gave it to in September had told me it would be crushed and the metal sent to China for reprocessing.

DVLA said (today) that the car had been sold recently, so I phoned the scrap merchant and asked what they were playing at. They admitted they had sold it on instead of crushing it. Nice eh?

Did you mention to them that you had contacted DVLA Simon? If you did they will now be scurrying around getting the books straight :lol:

It is of course legal to do it but it does make you wonder how much they make doing that sort of thing

Ken

Simon W
14th December 2006, 15:25
Did you mention to them that you had contacted DVLA Simon? If you did they will now be scurrying around getting the books straight :lol:

It is of course legal to do it but it does make you wonder how much they make doing that sort of thing

Ken

I did mention the DVLA Ken but they didn't seem particularly bothered. They sounded more surprised that I'd actually found them out.

I'm not sure it's legal to say that you're going to scrap a vehicle and then sell it instead - verbal contract and all that. If I'd known they were going to sell it I wouldn't have let them have it for nothing,

Ken
14th December 2006, 15:41
I'm not sure it's legal to say that you're going to scrap a vehicle and then sell it instead - verbal contract and all that. If I'd known they were going to sell it I wouldn't have let them have it for nothing,

Really not sure about that Simon. If you look at the local dump the guys looking after the area seem to sell a fair bit of gear from their little hut which is always surrounded by pairs of gates, teddy bears and old chairs etc :lol:

A quick question............. when you take a car to the scrappy to be scrapped do you have to take the log book?

Ken

driverjgp
14th December 2006, 16:01
First registered Christmas day 2004 :confused:

MOT due July 2007 :confused:

A third of the price it should be?

I have also checked DVLA and nothing comes up

Looks Dodgy to me.

Ken
14th December 2006, 18:27
Yes, you should really take the logbook with you since the scrap dealer should send part of it to the DVLA while you send the other part.

Thanks Simon :lol: