PDA

View Full Version : Bumper / Wing alignment

Raistlin
27th January 2008, 16:26
Any ideas pleas guys?

I know about using packing washers to adjust the bonnet / bumper position but my problem is the gap between the bumper and wing, specifically here:-

http://raistlin295.com/archive/download/images/75/wing.jpg

Since the bumper was off for the powerwash fit, I've not been happy with the gap.

Is it possible to adjust this gap without having to take the bumper off completely again please?

Duotone
27th January 2008, 16:31
You may not have the "christmas tree" clip fitted correctly.
If you pull the bumper off at the mis-aligned side and check it fits into the hole provided for it..
It is located on the sharp bend on a line with the center of the headlamp..

Dave T

Raistlin
27th January 2008, 17:28
Thanks Dave

It's actually out of kilter on both sides - as if it has drooped so to speak.

T-Cut
27th January 2008, 21:54
If you slacken off all the mounting bolts and get a Haynes assistant to hold the moulding in the correct position, you can probably get it right. It sounds like it may have rocked forward when you refitted it.

TC

Raistlin
7th February 2008, 08:29
If you slacken off all the mounting bolts and get a Haynes assistant to hold the moulding in the correct position, you can probably get it right. It sounds like it may have rocked forward when you refitted it.

TC

I just tried that and it still doesn't sit right :(

Perhaps I have to take it off and start from scratch.

Tom Collins
7th February 2008, 09:45
Mine's been a little wonky on the drivers side since the garage had the bumper off to fit the rad fan motor. I didn't notice until several weeks later, a bit late to take it back.
If it's a case of just loosening the bolts and moving it then I'll have a go. If the bumper has to come off than I'll live with it.