PDA

View Full Version : Gliptone leather care. WOW, my leather drinks it!

dawkinsrover
28th January 2008, 09:42
Have just used Gliptone leather cleaner and then Gliptone leather care on my 8 yr old grey leather in my 600. The leather is in good condition and was very clean. When I applied the care cream, the seats consummed almost half a bottle! The cream just dissapeared and has left the seats with 'that' smell and a great sheen. Should I apply another thin coat do you think and do you guys buff the seats afterwards with a clean duster or just leave it?

tapped
28th January 2008, 09:45
Have just used Gliptone leather cleaner and then Gliptone leather care on my 8 yr old grey leather in my 600. The leather is in good condition and was very clean. When I applied the care cream, the seats consummed almost half a bottle! The cream just dissapeared and has left the seats with 'that' smell and a great sheen. Should I apply another thin coat do you think and do you guys buff the seats afterwards with a clean duster or just leave it?

works well doesn't it?

I have never "buffed", I just wipe off any excess

dawkinsrover
28th January 2008, 09:48
I think I will give it another 'drink' in a couple of hours and leave it.

empsburna
28th January 2008, 10:00
You only need a teaspoon to do a full seat!

dawkinsrover
28th January 2008, 10:21
Try telling my seats that!

dawkinsrover
28th January 2008, 10:44
Just given the seats another drink, they look much better and feel more supple already. Will leave it now for 6 months or so.

Raistlin
28th January 2008, 11:36
Just given the seats another drink, they look much better and feel more supple already. Will leave it now for 6 months or so.

Hmm - you might need to check the seat of your trousers over the next day or so after having driven the car ;)

dawkinsrover
28th January 2008, 12:54
I fully intend to drive the car naked for a day or so.............will report back if I find Gliptone is good for cellulite dispersal:)

Raistlin
28th January 2008, 16:39
I fully intend to drive the car naked for a day or so.............will report back if I find Gliptone is good for cellulite dispersal:)

Altogether TOO much information..."Overshare", my students call it ;)