PDA

View Full Version : Engine bay cleaning

dawkinsrover
28th January 2008, 14:38
What product do other members suggest for cleaning the engine bay?

Simon
28th January 2008, 18:39
I think there was a thread on this not so long ago. Let me find it for you....

Found it ;) http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=529

trebor
28th January 2008, 22:51
Did mine on Saturday. It is a later model facelift so fairly clean anyway but pays to keep on top of the job once you have the bay clean.

I use Auto Glym Tyre Dressing which is also suitable for engine bays, white milky substance which is very thin to apply but i put some in a container and applied with an old paintbrush which gives more control rather than spraying directly from the nozzle.

Looks white when going on but allow to dry and stand back to admire the results !

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee210/apbicm1/EbaySales002.jpg

Simon
28th January 2008, 22:57
Impressive :) I must try that tip myself on my engine.

GreyGhost
29th January 2008, 10:07
If it hasn't already been asked. Where is your battery cover?

AndyJ
29th January 2008, 10:16

But at least the bonnet release mod has been carried out :sissy:

trebor
30th January 2008, 21:08

it was mentioned before on a different thread, didnt get one with the car and as i didnt realise it should have one didnt miss it. I didnt have one on my previous 75 either so somebody somewhere must have loads.

Just missed one on e bay recently, will keep looking

trebor
30th January 2008, 21:09
But at least the bonnet release mod has been carried out :sissy:

very well spotted but i had to use green tape so will be changing to black shortly !

AndyJ
31st January 2008, 18:03
very well spotted but i had to use green tape so will be changing to black shortly !

Also interesting to note that you have exactly the same hose arrangement where the 'optional' FBH would be sited... I keep looking at that spot under my bonnet saying to myself.... I want one!!!!

trebor
2nd February 2008, 09:52
it was mentioned before on a different thread, didnt get one with the car and as i didnt realise it should have one didnt miss it. I didnt have one on my previous 75 either so somebody somewhere must have loads.

Just missed one on e bay recently, will keep looking

Ordered a battery cover from Les and great service as usual - there is one currently on e bay but mine was cheaper - well done and thanks again Les