PDA

View Full Version : How often do you wash your 75?

MrBitsy
29th January 2008, 21:54
I wash mine AT LEAST twice a week, more if weather is really bad. I know I have OCD (obsessive car disorder) so can't stop :D

For me, this is a Rover 75 thing, because I just washed my previous cars every couple of weeks or so :luvya: The 75 is so British, so classic and part of the family that it just HAS to be clean :D

How about the rest of you - has your Rover given you OCD?

Tom Collins
29th January 2008, 21:59
My wife would say I have OCD when it comes to my car, yet the last time I cleaned it was the day before the Yorkshire meet. Not the last one, but the one in November. :panic:

I must say that the interior is spotless though.

JohnDotCom
29th January 2008, 22:06
There was a very Recent thread running on this. :D

trebor
30th January 2008, 21:10
washed mine in the dark recently - enough said

Raistlin
30th January 2008, 21:28
Every two weeks unless she is particularly mucky - I have a life :p:

deano78
30th January 2008, 21:30
probably 3 times a week, but a dirty car for me may hurt my business so i have no choice.....honest.

DJO
31st January 2008, 08:35
Not done the ZT since before last October... Very brown it be now.:sad:

GERFIX
31st January 2008, 08:42
I have the INTENTION of washing mine almost every weekend but there is always something that crops up - usually a suggstion from SWMBO:o. That and the recent iffy weather we've been having.

Tatts
31st January 2008, 15:48
Did mine this afternoon, inbetween the hail, snow, and rainshowers. Dried it off, then it decided to rain.

It was nice seeing the beading though!

I try to wash it weekly, not having much success recently with the weather.

Chris Russell
31st January 2008, 16:11
i started washing them everyweek but thats not happening anymore due lack of time with working full time and running my own bussines i now get SWMBO to take it Mr Hand Job (hand car wash in ackworth) every other week

MrBitsy
31st January 2008, 21:56
i started washing them everyweek but thats not happening anymore due lack of time with working full time and running my own bussines i now get SWMBO to take it Mr Hand Job (hand car wash in ackworth) every other week

NO!!!

:eek::twonk:

Scratch, scratch , swirl!

I have watched them in my local Asda using BLACK sponges that are filthy, water that is black, and washing from the bottom up - spreading all the muck and rubbing it all over the car.

I would like to :flame: them everytime I pass.

Chris Russell
1st February 2008, 10:40
They always treat my car with respect the first time i took it they did a poor job so i asked for a refund they refused as i had nothing to do i parked my still dirty car at the entrance as customers pulled in showed them the job they would get need less to say they didn't clean many cars that day i got my car washed properly and a refund in the end now when i or the wife turn up they know they have to do a good job

Tom Collins
1st February 2008, 11:06
I quite like my swirl marks. If you catch them in the light just right, they make a lovely pattern. :D

Besides, I really can't be bothered to spend all that time getting rid of them.

I last washed mine in September. I may get round to doing it sometime in the next few weeks. Then again, I may not.

Dave***t
1st February 2008, 13:23
I quite like my swirl marks. If you catch them in the light just right, they make a lovely pattern. :D

I last washed mine in September. I may get round to doing it sometime in the next few weeks. Then again, I may not.

You cruel man - poor old Bitsy may well need counselling after he's read that! :D

MrBitsy
1st February 2008, 22:12

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

:D