PDA

View Full Version : My Cone air filter for your standard airbox and air filter

Ronin
9th July 2013, 09:01
Ok I’ve decided that I don’t like the cone filter that’s currently in the car and want to get the original air box and filter fitted. So I’m offering this up for free to anyone who wants to have a cone filter but doesn’t want to spend any money.

As long as you have all the bits I need for a 2.5 V6 190, we can take the necessary bits out of each of the cars and swap them over.

I don’t mind traveling to you if you’re nearby to Slough or Battersea. I also don’t mind if you want to do all the work either! But I’m happy to take the lead.

Will be interested to see if there are any interested parties.

Thanks

R

ianfletcher
9th July 2013, 10:56
Ok I’ve decided that I don’t like the cone filter that’s currently in the car and want to get the original air box and filter fitted. So I’m offering this up for free to anyone who wants to have a cone filter but doesn’t want to spend any money.

As long as you have all the bits I need for a 2.5 V6 190, we can take the necessary bits out of each of the cars and swap them over.

I don’t mind traveling to you if you’re nearby to Slough or Battersea. I also don’t mind if you want to do all the work either! But I’m happy to take the lead.

;
Thanks

R

I could be interested in this if you can post but also what kind of cone filter is it and also have you any pics of it?

AndyAitch
9th July 2013, 12:10

Thanks

R

I could be interested in this too if Ian doesn't want it, but I live oop north so there would have to be some degree of Royal Mailiness involved... Do you have pics and details?

Ta
Andy

ianfletcher
10th July 2013, 18:29
Are you still wanting to do a swap?

Ronin
12th July 2013, 10:35
Hello all apologies for the delay. Work has been mental the last few days.

I'm still up for swapping and have a couple more pics.

I can't tell the make of the filter but here are more pics. 24717247182471924720

What I was hoping to do was to meet up, Swap stuff and drive away. I don't Wang to start posting things as that will mean not having use of the car

Let me know what you think

Thanks

Dansrockin
29th July 2013, 22:32
Sorry to hijack your thread, but I'm also thinking of doing the same, so if you get more than one offer, I'd be interested! I've got a piper cross induction kit that was in my 190 when i got it, and am thinking of going back to a standard airbox. If there's any interest that's surplus to the OPs requirements, let me know!

ZedTeeTee
29th July 2013, 22:35
Just done this myself - went back to standard from a K&N Cone filter, it is a bit different :D

BIG LEK
29th July 2013, 22:42
Just done this myself - went back to standard from a K&N Cone filter, it is a bit different :DStandard air box with a k&n panel filter is much better in my opinion;)

Ronin
30th July 2013, 13:05
No one took my offer up but I hope you get s better result :):thumbup:

AndyAitch
30th July 2013, 22:14
Sorry to hijack your thread, but I'm also thinking of doing the same, so if you get more than one offer, I'd be interested! I've got a piper cross induction kit that was in my 190 when i got it, and am thinking of going back to a standard airbox. If there's any interest that's surplus to the OPs requirements, let me know!

You have a PM :)

HN02 VDG
10th September 2013, 03:03
i have one to swap with you it dont take five minutes i am in lewisham not to far from you

HN02 VDG
10th September 2013, 03:09
it dont take five minutes to change so if you want to swap i can do all the work

Ronin
10th September 2013, 10:34
i have one to swap with you it dont take five minutes i am in lewisham not to far from you

I may well be in touch :)

Petetourer
11th September 2013, 17:56
No one took my offer up but I hope you get s better result :):thumbup:

Will have to check, but I think I have the standard box and filter at home in the garage and am only in High Wycombe.

Not interested in the cone filter as I am without a 75/ZT currently, but if you wanted it then I am sure we could come to an agreement ;)

Ronin
12th September 2013, 18:36
Will have to check, but I think I have the standard box and filter at home in the garage and am only in High Wycombe.

Not interested in the cone filter as I am without a 75/ZT currently, but if you wanted it then I am sure we could come to an agreement ;)

You have my attention! Let me know how you get on

Petetourer
12th September 2013, 19:05
You have my attention! Let me know how you get on

I definitely have an airbox... Cannot remember if its a 190 or a 180 box though :o

If you wanted to pop over, we could give it a try :shrug: