PDA

View Full Version : North Yorks Moors

suzublu
9th July 2013, 20:59
Our good friend from Nairobi,Gatekeeper (Phil) is holidaying in the area for the weekend of 10/11/12th August,& a little get together is planned for Sunday the 11th.I propose an initial meeting at Birk Brow layby on the A171,followed by a drive across the moors to The Lion Inn on Blakey ridge for lunch.Lets show Phil some northern hospitality,& a visit to one of the most scenic areas of the UK he'll remember.Time to be confirmed.;)

NigelOBB
9th July 2013, 22:17
Our good friend from Nairobi,Gatekeeper (Phil) is holidaying in the area for the weekend of 10/11/12th August,& a little get together is planned for Sunday the 11th.I propose an initial meeting at Birk Brow layby on the A171,followed by a drive across the moors to The Lion Inn on Blakey ridge for lunch.Lets show Phil some northern hospitality,& a visit to one of the most scenic areas of the UK he'll remember.Time to be confirmed.;)

Cheers for starting this off Ronnie.. :bowdown:

It goes without saying that I'll be there :}

RPWC
10th July 2013, 06:14
Sorry, will be away that weekend returning from holiday.

willshot
10th July 2013, 08:34
Lion In is extremely popular so I would advise booking if lunch is required. I've been there mid-week, got the last table and there were people waiting for tables.

NigelOBB
10th July 2013, 15:42
I've been looking a reports about it and gad a feeling it would be like that.. As soon as we have an idea of numbers we can book up..

Gate Keeper
11th July 2013, 07:06
Thanks guys for arranging this. I have never seen the moors, never explored Yorkshire or Northumbria and never driven in a convoy. What a treat for SWMBO and myself. Drinks all round! :)

pab
11th July 2013, 09:45
It's always a pleasure to see you Phil. If I'm available that Sunday, I'll have a run over too. :)

BIG LEK
11th July 2013, 10:12
I would have came,but the metro centre meet is on that sunday, sorry

Grumpy1
11th July 2013, 10:59
Lion In is extremely popular so I would advise booking if lunch is required. I've been there mid-week, got the last table and there were people waiting for tables.

It wasn't very busy when I went there in June 2010. Wonder why? :D

Chad. :}

ricardo65
11th July 2013, 20:34
I would have liked to have done this one unfortunately im away on holiday maybe nx time there a north Yorkshire meet

NigelOBB
11th July 2013, 20:54
It wasn't very busy when I went there in June 2010. Wonder why? :D

Chad. :}

Remember that only to well lol it was rather wet that year 😃.

Thanks for you support Pab

Gate Keeper
12th July 2013, 03:37
Sorry, will be away that weekend returning from holiday.

Not to worry Richard. Have a lovely holiday. There will be another time :)

Gate Keeper
12th July 2013, 03:40
I would have came,but the metro centre meet is on that sunday, sorry

It would have been nice to have seen you Lee. No worries :)

Gate Keeper
12th July 2013, 03:44
I would have liked to have done this one unfortunately im away on holiday maybe nx time there a north Yorkshire meet

Thanks for letting us know. Have a wonderful holiday :)

Gate Keeper
12th July 2013, 03:55
It's always a pleasure to see you Phil. If I'm available that Sunday, I'll have a run over too. :)

Cheers Paul it would be good to see you, if you are able to make it over, the feeling is mutual. Aside from selling me quality trims and hard to come by parts, you were one of the rare guys who took it on to show us around at one of the big meets and introduce us to the personalities in the arena. Awesome!

reworht
17th July 2013, 20:01
Cheers Paul it would be good to see you, if you are able to make it over, the feeling is mutual. Aside from selling me quality trims and hard to come by parts, you were one of the rare guys who took it on to show us around at one of the big meets and introduce us to the personalities in the arena. Awesome!

I'm at a wedding in Helmsley on the 10th and will have to resurrect my car on the Sunday morning - but I could get to Blakey by late lunchtime/early afternoon - would love to meet up!
Where are you staying whilst you're up here Phil?

suzublu
18th July 2013, 19:22
I'm at a wedding in Helmsley on the 10th and will have to resurrect my car on the Sunday morning - but I could get to Blakey by late lunchtime/early afternoon - would love to meet up!
Where are you staying whilst you're up here Phil?

I think he's staying in Aislaby Rod:}

RPWC
20th July 2013, 14:49
Not to worry Richard. Have a lovely holiday. There will be another time :)

Are you going to the national in Sept Phil? If so will see you there.

Gate Keeper
20th July 2013, 17:55
Are you going to the national in Sept Phil? If so will see you there.

It is very close to a 6 monthly scan I am having, so I won't be able to make the big meet. Richard I am sure we will bump into each other somewhere. It is a small world :)

suzublu
24th July 2013, 21:16
Right all those attending,i've booked a table for 8 people on Sunday 11th August,at 2.30pm.This is the Sunday lunch menu,but you can order from the daily menu if you wish http://www.lionblakey.co.uk/menusunlunch.htm
Looking forward to seeing everyone there;):}

reworht
26th July 2013, 14:43
Thanks to Ronnie arranging a late lunch, 2.30pm, I reckon I should make that now. Daft tho' it may seem (Birk Brow car park is only 5 mins from home), I may go straight to the Lion from Helmsley and meet you all there - decision to be made nearer the time :}

NigelOBB
27th July 2013, 19:21
Cheers Ronnie really looking forward to it..

Gate Keeper
27th July 2013, 19:24
We will keep a place for you Rod :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

NigelOBB
5th August 2013, 20:29
Just a little Bump for our get together next sunday.. :D

Gate Keeper
8th August 2013, 04:10
Right all those attending,i've booked a table for 8 people on Sunday 11th August,at 2.30pm.This is the Sunday lunch menu,but you can order from the daily menu if you wish http://www.lionblakey.co.uk/menusunlunch.htm
Looking forward to seeing everyone there;):}

Hi Ronnie, a big thanks for booking the table and for getting the meet sorted out :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: It really was unexpected. No one has ever done anything like that for me ever! Much appreciated sir!

Any idea about what time to meet up at the layby?

I will be bringing a set of the brand new boxed MG puddle lights with me as a freebie to give away at the meet on Sunday, as I won them in the raffle last year and never fitted them.

NigelOBB
8th August 2013, 11:06
I was just going to post the same question Swmbo has been asking this for the last week or so

suzublu
8th August 2013, 11:52
Sorry chaps,how does 11am sound:shrug: any time would suit me,it's mainly what time suits all:shrug::}

reworht
8th August 2013, 12:38
Because I've got to resurrect my car from Helmsley (and taxi other people to do the same), I won't be able to get back to Birk Brow by 11.00am.
Two options:

I could go straight to Blakey and meet you there - what time are you aiming to arrive?
I could meet you en-route somewhere - say within half an hour of Helmsley, at around midday?

I'll pm Nigel and Ronnie with my mobile number so we have contact on the day - I won't have much opportunity to visit the Forum on Saturday I'm afraid.

NigelOBB
8th August 2013, 13:08
Sorry chaps,how does 11am sound:shrug: any time would suit me,it's mainly what time suits all:shrug::}

That's roughly the time I had in mind how far is the lion away ?

NigelOBB
8th August 2013, 13:23
Because I've got to resurrect my car from Helmsley (and taxi other people to do the same), I won't be able to get back to Birk Brow by 11.00am.
Two options:

I could go straight to Blakey and meet you there - what time are you aiming to arrive?
I could meet you en-route somewhere - say within half an hour of Helmsley, at around midday?

I'll pm Nigel and Ronnie with my mobile number so we have contact on the day - I won't have much opportunity to visit the Forum on Saturday I'm afraid.

I'm sure we can hook up with you enroute

suzublu
8th August 2013, 13:24
Two options:

That's roughly the time I had in mind how far is the lion away ?

Rod,i would have thought from Helmsley,you would get to the Lion from the south:shrug:
Nige,it's about 10/12 miles from Birk Brow layby.

reworht
8th August 2013, 15:28
Rod,i would have thought from Helmsley,you would get to the Lion from the south:shrug:
Nige,it's about 10/12 miles from Birk Brow layby.It's an easy half hour run direct from Helmsley - so I will be there by about midday ish - if I'm first does it mean I have to get a round in :D

suzublu
8th August 2013, 15:45
It's an easy half hour run direct from Helmsley - so I will be there by about midday ish - if I'm first does it mean I have to get a round in :D

If you get there first Rod,put a mark on the wall.If we get there first,i'll rub it off.:D

FredSpencer
8th August 2013, 15:51
... if I'm first does it mean I have to get a round in :D

That's almost enough to tempt me to turn up. ;) :getmecoat:

suzublu
8th August 2013, 15:53
That's almost enough to tempt me to turn up. ;) :getmecoat:

Get yourself up Fred,& fetch me some chrome ;);););):D

FredSpencer
8th August 2013, 16:42
Get yourself up Fred,& fetch me some chrome ;);););):D

Have you decided on those horrible, cheap and nasty 11 spokes then? They won't look right till they have some chrome nut covers, will they? ;) :D

NigelOBB
8th August 2013, 20:43
a little bit of chrome never hurt anyone

Gate Keeper
9th August 2013, 08:48
I am donating some VIS motors if someone could pass them onto Stocktake please for him to use.

FredSpencer
9th August 2013, 08:52
I am donating some VIS motors if someone could pass them onto Stocktake please for him to use.

If I do make it to the meet I can do that.

reworht
9th August 2013, 17:47
I'm going to be off air all day tomorrow, so I thought I would just confirm that I'll be going straight to Blakey on Sunday from Helmsley - aiming to be there between midday and 12.30pm. Any changes, I'll ring either Ronnie or Nigel
Weather forecast for area is set fair - http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2647149?day=2 - if you're all there before me - mines a bottle of Bulmers or Magners :D

NigelOBB
9th August 2013, 18:28
Nice one Rod you enjoy your day see you on Sunday

Fusilier
10th August 2013, 20:07
weather looks ok for tomorrow, so might be tempted to take the MGF out for a run, as it has only been out once this year, and the location will be ideal for it to have a run out

Stu

marinabrian
10th August 2013, 20:20
weather looks ok for tomorrow, so might be tempted to take the MGF out for a run, as it has only been out once this year, and the location will be ideal for it to have a run out

Stu

Sadly I won't be joining you, as the Amalfi drive sounds nicer :drool4:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg279/marinabrian/DSC02437_zps8dc52c15.jpg
"Don't worry lads, I've got an idea"
Brian :D

Gate Keeper
10th August 2013, 20:27

Stu

If you get the chance Stu, do have a leisurely drive over and blow out those old cobwebs lol we counted umpteen 75's and ZT's in this locality today. None of them had the club stickers on. One guy was in a T reg 75 in Wedgwood, on the M1 north towards Leeds. He had a big red flyer across his back windscreen "Munich 2012"... I did wave a couple of times as he passed us twice in traffic. If you get the chance do come over.

NigelOBB
10th August 2013, 23:23

Stu

It will be great to see it Stu

coolcat
11th August 2013, 07:38
Have a great day guys:}

NigelOBB
11th August 2013, 07:55
Cheers Jeff

Gate Keeper
11th August 2013, 08:16
Thanks Jeff :)

The postcode for the Birk Brow Car Park for anyone going there is: Lockwood TS12 3LD
according to the moors authority.

Gate Keeper
11th August 2013, 08:18
Sadly I won't be joining you, as the Amalfi drive sounds nicer :drool4:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg279/marinabrian/DSC02437_zps8dc52c15.jpg
"Don't worry lads, I've got an idea"
Brian :D

Brian and your good lady, do have a wonderful holiday and a well deserved rest.

reworht
11th August 2013, 08:25
Thanks Jeff :)

The postcode for the Birk Brow Car Park for anyone going there is: Lockwood TS12 3LD
according to the moors authority.

.... otherwise known as just round the corner from Rod's house :D
Glad you got here safely - and I hope the welcome up to now hasn't let us Northerners down.
I'm heading for Helmsley about 10.45am to ferry people back to their cars which were left last night, and then I'll go straight from there to the Lion - it's about 15 miles, so I should be there by 12.15ish - hungry :drool4:
I'm hoping that Ronnie and Nigel are going to introduce you to a small incline called Rosedale Chimney Bank on the way - enjoy it ;)

Gate Keeper
11th August 2013, 09:29
See you later Rod. Lovey day for it :)

reworht
11th August 2013, 16:43
Well I'm back home after a smashing afternoon on top of the moors.
An superb steak and ale pie, an afternoon of excellent company, plenty of car chat, lovely sunshine (but a bit breezy and the opportunity) to meet some new (and old!) faces. Brilliant way to spend a Sunday afternoon - thanks to everybody for being such good company - and especially Ronnie (I still think she was bit young mate ;)) and Nigel for organising it.
I have a feeling that Phil and Jessica may just have taken a shine to North Yorkshire :D
Hope everybody got (or is getting!) home safely - I know Phil took some photos which I hope he'll post later - I've just found my camera on the dining table at home where I left it - doh! :o

coolcat
11th August 2013, 16:46
An superb steak and ale pie, an afternoon of excellent company, plenty of car chat, lovely sunshine (but a bit breezy and the opportunity) to meet some new (and old!) faces. Brilliant way to spend a Sunday afternoon - thanks to everybody for being such good company - and especially Ronnie (I still think she was bit young mate ;)) and Nigel for organising it.
I have a feeling that Phil and Jessica may just have taken a shine to North Yorkshire :D
Hope everybody got (or is getting!) home safely - I know Phil took some photos which I hope he'll post later - I've just found my camera on the dining table at home where I left it - doh! :o

Nice to see you all had a lovely time and the food and weather played fair for you all:)
Looking forward to seeing Phil and Jessica's photos:}

RPWC
11th August 2013, 16:49

Rodney - you plonker!

Fusilier
11th August 2013, 17:26
Just got home, and had a great day today, was nice to meet the others who turned up, think the location, drive, food and company was all excellent and thanks to all who organised this meet, worth doing that again some time

Defo worth visiting the pub, as some very nice staff in their (ain't that Right Colin and Ronnie)

Regards

Stu

Took some photo's on the phone, and will get them extracted and posted up when I get the chance

NigelOBB
11th August 2013, 17:40

I couldn't have put that better myself Rod and excellent afternoon had by all I think.. Once again Phil it was great meeting up with Jessica and yourself and look forward in catching up the next time you are up here.. hope you enjoy the rest of your Hols 😄

suzublu
11th August 2013, 17:49
An excellent day,although we could have done with some more wind :getmecoat: Thanks to everyone who made the effort to welcome Phil & Jessica to our region,the food was good,the company good,& the waitresses were,well :drool4::D Some suicidal sheep made the drive over the moors interesting though:confused: Hope Phil & Jessica enjoy the rest of their holidays.:bowdown: Oh,& thanks to Fred for my shiney bits;):D

Nige B
11th August 2013, 17:50
You been letching after young waitresses ronaldo ??;)

stocktake
11th August 2013, 17:51
I had planned to gatecrash this but had a trip to see my old friend bigruss, not seen him for quite a while and you don't realise how things change, time just flew :o

Thanks to Phil for the old vis motors, A very overfull Fred has just left, he said it was the pudding that did it.

Ronnie, hope you got photos of the staff :D :D

suzublu
11th August 2013, 17:52

Moi?????? :shrug::D

NigelOBB
11th August 2013, 17:53
Defo worth visiting the pub, as some very nice staff in their (ain't that Right Colin and Ronnie)

I wondered why Colin was sitting with that smile on his face

Your right its def worth another run over at some point

Nige B
11th August 2013, 17:54
Moi?????? :shrug::D
How did Harold steptoe put it ...."you diiirrttty old maann":D:D

reworht
11th August 2013, 18:12
In one word, and not put too fine a point on - YES :D

reworht
11th August 2013, 18:13
Rodney - you plonker!

Very good - had to look twice to get that one - I'm slowing down as I get older :o

stocktake
11th August 2013, 18:14

In one word, and not put too fine a point on - YES :D

Sat there with a cushion on his lap no doubt ;) :D

reworht
11th August 2013, 18:15
Thanks to Phil for the old vis motors, A very overfull Fred has just left, he said it was the pudding that did it.

It was a decent sized lump of sticky toffee pudding - with custard :D

reworht
11th August 2013, 18:16
Sat there with a cushion on his lap no doubt ;) :D
Only a small one ..... :getmecoat:

FredSpencer
11th August 2013, 18:24
I've got belly ache ..... I knew I shouldn't have tried to out do The Pie Man! ;)

Ronnie, I'm glad you like your polished nuts ..... I'm just sorry it was me that gave you them and not the barmaid. ;)

Hopefully we gave a good impression to Phil and Jessica on their World Tour of Yarkshire ..... it was our best behaviour ... honest. :D

Gate Keeper
11th August 2013, 18:27

Mostly blondes, tight tops, tight leggings, attentive to the older man ;) I did notice you skip your pudding Ronnie....

Gate Keeper
11th August 2013, 18:34
I've got belly ache ..... I knew I shouldn't have tried to out do The Pie Man! ;)

Ronnie, I'm glad you like your polished nuts ..... I'm just sorry it was me that gave you them and not the barmaid. ;)

Hopefully we gave a good impression to Phil and Jessica on their World Tour of Yarkshire ..... it was our best behaviour ... honest. :D

Hi Fred it was lovely to see you have a good appetite and managed to finish off the treacle. Where you put it I don't know. We enjoyed listening to everyone and the pub was really old and in a breathtaking location.

Nige B
11th August 2013, 18:55
Mostly blondes, tight tops, tight leggings, attentive to the older man ;) I did notice you skip your pudding Ronnie....
You trying to attract more names for next time , cos i'm convinced ,if available...would have liked to have made today but going to the lakes tomorrow so will surely get my fill of beautiful scenery ....and no doubt waitress's

Fusilier
11th August 2013, 19:04
Some of the photo's from my phone

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Moors/20130811_122159_zpsc5cc1254.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Moors/20130811_121803_zps90faf12d.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Moors/20130811_121758_zps52bceb66.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Moors/20130811_121741_zpscbc40792.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Moors/20130811_121714_zps15f5d9b5.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Moors/20130811_121709_zps62868a3c.jpg
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Moors/20130811_121642_zps3af016a0.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Moors/20130811_121746_zps7a8e4117.jpg

Stu

Gate Keeper
11th August 2013, 19:06

Many thanks for the framed photo of the moors in winter and the other one of the moors in the colours of summer. Something we will treasure. We loved seeing everyone who came. Good company with many stories and laughs to share. The drive from the car park across the moors, was spectacular and we enjoyed going with everyone. The pretty villages and going around the sheep was something else :) Thanks to Ronnie for organising the pub and for getting it together. The army stories Stu of your time in Kenya were fascinating. Kahawa Barracks could be where you remembered the army stores. We sometimes see Landy's with the 2 knives insignia out on the roads :) Nigel it was a treat for Jessica to meet your wife and to save her from the car talk. What a lovely lady she is. Colin thanks for keeping us in order at the head of the table. The lads do have fun pulling your leg ;) .....We took another route back and stopped for photos, ending up at Whitby Abbey. There was some beautiful views to be seen. We did enjoy lapping up the northern hospitality. A big thanks for making us welcome :bowdown: Sorry to prattle on.... I will sort out the photos when I am back in London :) oh darn! I got lots of pics but none of who was there! :)

FredSpencer
11th August 2013, 19:13
:) oh darn! I got lots of pics but none of who was there! :)

Thank God for that! ..... My puddin' bulge wouldn't have looked good. :o

Fusilier
11th August 2013, 19:14
Many thanks for the framed photo of the moors in winter and the other one of the moors in the colours of summer. Something we will treasure. We loved seeing everyone who came. Good company with many stories and laughs to share. The drive from the car park across the moors, was spectacular and we enjoyed going with everyone. The pretty villages and going around the sheep was something else :) Thanks to Ronnie for organising the pub and for getting it together. The army stories Stu of your time in Kenya were fascinating. Kahawa Barracks could be where you remembered the army stores. We sometimes see Landy's with the 2 knives insignia out on the roads :) Nigel it was a treat for Jessica to meet your wife and to save her from the car talk. What a lovely lady she is. Colin thanks for keeping us in order at the head of the table. The lads do have fun pulling your leg ;) .....We took another route back and stopped for photos, ending up at Whitby Abbey. There was some beautiful views to be seen. We did enjoy lapping up the northern hospitality. A big thanks for making us welcome :bowdown: Sorry to prattle on.... I will sort out the photos when I am back in London :) oh darn! I got lots of pics but none of who was there! :)

Phil

Yes that was the place I was thinking about, memory loss starts to occur at my age, but it was back in 1976 when I was in Kenya, quite a few year ago, but was great to finally meet you and your good lady today, and hope that you enjoyed the company of some of the Northern lads, think that the location was a great location for the meet today, and as always the company was good

I spent a bit of time talking to both you and Fred and reminiscing over old times

I enjoyed the drive across the moors as well, in little red, as it is only the second time it has been out of the garage this year.

Stu

Gate Keeper
11th August 2013, 19:34
I was glad that you and Fred managed the drive today and it was interesting to hear about the adventures you both had serving Queen and country :bowdown: We hope to see you again next time we are back up north. Thanks to Fred for passing on the old VIS motors :) kind of you sir!

FredSpencer
11th August 2013, 19:49
No problem delivering to Dave. We have to keep him busy ...... or he starts thinking up more stuff to do. ;)

NigelOBB
11th August 2013, 20:43

Swmbo said the same thing on the way back home how much she enjoyed chatting to Jessica and if swmbo is happy then everybody is happy:).

I missed having a flick through the articles about your car so must do that the next time.

Once again have a safe trip back down south and enjoy the rest of your stay give my regs to Jeff & co when you see them..

Here is the web address for Landal http://www.landal.com (http://www.landal.com/) they have many parks, out of the 6 or 7 we have been to I like Het Land van Bartje is my favourite, closely followed by De Lommerberg.. Very few Brits use the sites but as you well know the Dutch speak very good english..

2Diesels
12th August 2013, 08:19
Well that was fun yesterday, I had a run down the long way taking the A1 to Bowburn & then through Coxhoe etc. to Wynyard & out onto the A19 & then past Guisborough (where I caught a little red MGF) & up the hill to the meeting car park. Once we had all arrived it was off again over the moors, through Castleton & on to the Lion. We were a little bit sharp but it gave us time to enjoy a pint & a natter before lunch.
The food was absolutely superb:drool4: & I am now in love with at least 3 of the waitresses:luvya:

Great to see everyone again & Phil n Jessica I hope you enjoy your hols & hopefully catch you again somewhere.

The drive back was fun:D I ran back over to Guisborough with Rod who made good progress;) & after that I had a little game of cat & mouse with a sporty Fiesta on the dual carriageway.............the mouse runs this way, I grab him with my paw...........the mouse runs that way, I grab him with my paw..............and finally I squash his ass:D

reworht
12th August 2013, 08:30
'twas a nice night for a trip over the Moors wasn't it - I did take a few excursions to the other side of the road to give the pesky sheep as much space as possible. Did you spot the very nice Subaru Impreza WRC parked in Castleton?

FredSpencer
12th August 2013, 08:34
Well that was fun yesterday, I had a run down the long way ...

You got lost, eh? ;)

I went the long way home, or it seemed like it with the directions the biddy in the box gave me. Very scenic though, up and down hills and through twisty Z bends. I got stuck behind a rolling road block (Land Rover) for a while but it didn't really spoil the drive ... just gave me more time to look at the scenery.

BTW my belly ache has gone ... must be time to eat again. :D

reworht
12th August 2013, 09:43
You got lost, eh? ;)

BTW my belly ache has gone ... must be time to eat again. :D

I 'led' Colin as far as Guisborough - kept expecting to hear a growl and see a V8 overtaking me and disappearing into the distance, but he was very restrained

Ready for a nice roast and some sticky toffee for breakfast Fred?

FredSpencer
13th August 2013, 17:36
Here's the shot of me I spoke about on the deck of the troop ship coming back from Singapore ..... I'm the little young one before Ronnie says anything. ;)

http://www.lakelandphotography.net/./Fred/Me%20at%205-800.jpg
http://www.lakelandphotography.net/./Fred/Me%20at%205.jpg

Fusilier
13th August 2013, 19:42
Here's the shot of me I spoke about on the deck of the troop ship coming back from Singapore ..... I'm the little young one before Ronnie says anything. ;)

http://www.lakelandphotography.net/./Fred/Me%20at%205-800.jpg
http://www.lakelandphotography.net/./Fred/Me%20at%205.jpg

Fred

By the looks of things it looks like you out ranked your father, but you are not in step, and of course your standard of drill is not up to the same standard

Stu

RPWC
13th August 2013, 19:47
Fred

By the looks of things it looks like you out ranked your father, but you are not in step, and of course your standard of drill is not up to the same standard

Stu

Geddim telt Stu

FredSpencer
13th August 2013, 20:11
Same rank - my uniform was modeled on his. And I only had little legs so couldn't keep up ..... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. ;)

Gate Keeper
16th August 2013, 22:13
A classic photo you have put there Fred from long ago ;) such photos are timeless.

Here is one I took at the meet last Sunday. Some more to follow.

windrush
17th August 2013, 07:40
A classic photo you have put there Fred from long ago ;) such photos are timeless.

That's a lovely picture Phil oh if only I could have been there

Gate Keeper
17th August 2013, 08:42
That's a lovely picture Phil oh if only I could have been there

it would have been lovely to see you there Derek. You are doing well and long may it continue.

NigelOBB
17th August 2013, 11:21

That is a cracking pic Phil..

Gate Keeper
20th August 2013, 14:57
Thanks Nigel :} I have a few more photos to post up and here they are.

FredSpencer
20th August 2013, 17:11
Some nice cars there .... even the funny little red one. ;) :getmecoat:

reworht
20th August 2013, 17:22
Lovely Phil - I thought for a minute someone had grafted my number plate onto another car it looks so well :D
Is there any chance I could scrounge the full sized file from you - please nicely :D
(love the file name by the way - it's up there with Airforce One)

Gate Keeper
20th August 2013, 18:01
No problem Rod, can you pm me your email and I can send you the full sized file. I still have more photos to post up. Fred mentioned to SWMBO how his MG changes colour in certain lights and I am looking to see if I had any of those variations :). Something to do with the special paint he has on his car. It is funny when I am reducing the files down to post up. Each time I do it, I have to call the file different names....there was Rod 1, 1 Rod and 3 little maids from school are we... and the others I can't publish ;)

FredSpencer
20th August 2013, 18:10
Phil,

I just add the image size I've re-sized to, i.e, "I'm one of the little maids-800", :p:, where 800 is the length of the longest side in pixels. This can make it easier to keep track of the various versions you have and tells you at a glance what size it is. Alternatively if you want to keep the same name you will need to save it in a different location.

Gate Keeper
20th August 2013, 19:14
Phil,

I just add the image size I've re-sized to, i.e, "I'm one of the little maids-800", :p:, where 800 is the length of the longest side in pixels. This can make it easier to keep track of the various versions you have and tells you at a glance what size it is. Alternatively if you want to keep the same name you will need to save it in a different location.

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the tips. I will give them a try.

Fusilier
20th August 2013, 21:03
Some nice cars there .... even the funny little red one. ;) :getmecoat:

Yes Fred, agreed even that little funny red one !!!!

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Moors/20130811_121746_zps7a8e4117.jpg

Stu

FredSpencer
20th August 2013, 21:15
Cute or what eh, Stu? :drool4:

suzublu
20th August 2013, 21:17
A very pert back end ;):bowdown::D

Fusilier
20th August 2013, 21:24
Cute or what eh, Stu? :drool4:

Fred

As mentioned to you, one of my pride and joys, and it has got a very cute back end so to speak Ronnie, and the front does not look too bad either !!!!

Stu

NigelOBB
21st August 2013, 10:53
Nice pics Phil what photo software do you use

John75T
21st August 2013, 21:56
I have just joined the club and live in the Wetherby area, are there any regular meetings around here?

suzublu
21st August 2013, 22:04
I have just joined the club and live in the Wetherby area, are there any regular meetings around here?

Welcome John,loads of meets & activities around the Yorkshire area,do a search of events,& you'll see where & when.There is even a National meet at the Aeroventure museum near Doncaster in September,plus,this weekend,Thrybergh country park;)

Gate Keeper
21st August 2013, 22:28
Nice pics Phil what photo software do you use

Thanks Nigel. I do not mind sharing my secrets ;)

You might have spotted that I had fixed the toothless appearance on the front grille of my 75 which you had seen at the meet. (I fitted a replacement grille yesterday).

For the photo of my car, I used a cloning tool where I was able to replicate the missing teeth. The programme also has another tool for removing embarassing objects from photos, using a paint brush or a rubber in the application with a few clicks - called "Snap Heal".

Here are a few pointers to the other software:

"Picasa 3.0" (free)

"Lightroom 4" which I used to bring the noise down after adding in some HDR effects, which I kept to the minimum.

"Snap Seed" for detail, depth and drama.

Time and patience ;) Everything is reversible

Now there you have it...have fun!

NigelOBB
23rd August 2013, 00:46
Thanks I use Lightroom and photoshop and a Sony program that I can never remember the name of will have a play when I get 2 mins Ive been off work for two weeks and as always busier than I would have been at work

Gate Keeper
23rd August 2013, 05:37
Do post up your photos Nigel as I would like to see them :)

NigelOBB
23rd August 2013, 08:57
Do post up your photos Nigel as I would like to see them :)

Mostly aircraft and machinery just posted a pic of Vulcan xh558 in the chillout

Gate Keeper
27th August 2013, 09:47
Mostly aircraft and machinery just posted a pic of Vulcan xh558 in the chillout

Thanks Nigel, sadly I missed seeing the photo of the Vulcan. Here are a few more photos from the day. You are in one of them and so is your ZT :) Fred Spencer, his ZT. Is it blue or green? A surreal photo of Fusilier's red MG and onlookers checking out some of the engine bay chrome ;)

pab
27th August 2013, 09:53
I still regret not making this little meeting, glad you enjoyed your visit to North Yorkshire Phil. :)

Gate Keeper
27th August 2013, 11:18
I still regret not making this little meeting, glad you enjoyed your visit to North Yorkshire Phil. :)

No problem Paul, we knew you were busy that day and had discussed your whereabouts over a couple of pints, no bad words ;)

NigelOBB
27th August 2013, 15:42
Thanks Nigel, sadly I missed seeing the photo of the Vulcan. Here are a few more photos from the day. You are in one of them and so is your ZT :) Fred Spencer, his ZT. Is it blue or green? A surreal photo of Fusilier's red MG and onlookers checking out some of the engine bay chrome ;)

More cracking pics Phil though mines a R75 Contemporary Se cough cough 😜

They are a great reminder of a lovely day which we will have to repeat..

The Gatekeeper Yorkshire Moor Meet has got a ring to it..

Gate Keeper
27th August 2013, 18:32
More cracking pics Phil though mines a R75 Contemporary Se cough cough 😜

They are a great reminder of a lovely day which we will have to repeat..

The Gatekeeper Yorkshire Moor Meet has got a ring to it..

Well Nigel, fancy that! missing the illustrious lady in black like that in her SE guise. I will have to try harder next time lol It was a day to remember and I am at a loss for words about a Gate Keeper Yorkshire Meet. Nice thought though Nigel. Given how things are these days with our dearly departed friends :bowdown: lets see ;) I will post up the photos of the Yorkshire countryside on a new thread in the photo section :)

NigelOBB
27th August 2013, 21:52
Apology accepted sir 😃

Gate Keeper
28th August 2013, 07:53
Apology accepted sir 😃

I am really sorry about that. Good man Nigel :}

Woof25
28th August 2013, 18:52
For those who like experimenting with their photos they might consider photoscape which is a free programme with many useful tools along with picasa most of your needs can be meet without having to buy lightroom or others of its ilk, as most would agree if you can get the composition right
and balance the exposure little else will be needed

Woof25
29th August 2013, 11:15
The above pic was of woof at POL 2013, just fooling around really