PDA

View Full Version : No Water car wash products

K 5ive
6th February 2008, 19:19
Some Valeters seem to be going towards these products for various reasons, Environment blah blah saving the planet blah blah, saves water.(yes because we are so short of it at the moment!) Shortened wash time, plus ideal when there is no water available.
Has anyone on here had any experience of them and would they use them? The idea that you can clean a filth dirty car using only this scares me quite frankly but i can see the obvious merits of it.
Discuss.

AndyJ
6th February 2008, 19:26
like this?
clicky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKdYcqgFwIk)

trebor
6th February 2008, 21:48
Obviously will be more xpensive as will be more products to buy than just shampoo.

Looks ok for summer use when weathere stays fine for a while and you need to remove dust etc on a daily basisi, but as the video clip says not intended gor really dirty cars

baxlin
7th February 2008, 14:30
Reminds me of the old "Nenette" impregnated brush my Dad had 40 years ago, for removing dust and light dirt.........................

Tatts
7th February 2008, 15:38
Avoid like a dose of the clap!

Using that stull will trap grit and other abrasive material, resulting in major swirl damage to the finish.

You can't beat the hose/2 bucket method/wash mit/drying towel regime.

Ken
7th February 2008, 15:39
Reminds me of the old "Nenette" impregnated brush my Dad had 40 years ago, for removing dust and light dirt.........................

Still using mine :lol:

Edit: but not on the car I hasten to add

Raistlin
7th February 2008, 16:42
Never tried so this is merely subjective, but the very thought makes me shudder :(

Not a chance I'd use that sort of product on VeeKay unless I was convinced by seeing it successfully used on another car first - and I DON'T mean in a commercial.

tourerfogey
7th February 2008, 18:00
I use these:-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/basilfawlty/Armorall_CarWash_Wipes__6143190.gif

NO NO NO - WAIT, LISTEN!!!!!....

I wash and dry the car as normal first and then use them to wipe any remaining watermarks from the panels (very hard water round here) and they leave a good finish.

MrBitsy
9th February 2008, 08:09
Avoid like a dose of the clap!

Using that stull will trap grit and other abrasive material, resulting in major swirl damage to the finish.

You can't beat the hose/2 bucket method/wash mit/drying towel regime.

I totally agree.

The real enviromental damage is done by the use of car washes - huge amounts of water are used. We are already using little water when washing the car by hand, using the two bucket method.