PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Vauxhall Vectra 1.8i 16v Tourer

bigjohn75
1st August 2013, 16:35
Hi

Just trying to drum up interest and wondered if anyone would swap a 75 tourer for my vectra tourer . I dont mind if it needs a little work , as long as the engine and gearbox run sweet with no issues .

Im looking for a high spec model as i like my luxury lol , but it has to have metallic paint and alloys .

My vectra , is a 1998 tourer limited addition because it came with a few more options than a normal vectra estate . ie Air Con as standard , but this no longer works .
in reasonable good condition for its age but very solid underneath and believe me if you had seen her when i took hold of her you would have thought i was mad . She was on the verge of the scrap man .

She is Metallic silver , alloy tourer addition wheels with four brand new tyres on them , walnut dash , fitted arm center rest , cd , sd and aux stereo . load cover and dog gaurd ( not Gm ) . I just had new discs and Pads on the rear , plus a new wheel bearing . New plugs and leads , and recently Taxed . MOT is due November 2013 . Last MOT i replaced the cat , and a new gm manifold . front suspension has been done and was replaced with re furbished suspension .

Ive recently done a trip to devon over the summer in this hot weather and as always she drove with no problem atall and did not even show signs of over heating when stuck on the M25 for two hours in 30c heat .

only two small problems nothing major . 1: she has a intermittant second time starting problem , sometimes she will start and then sometimes she will start and idle low and then stop , but will restart happily . there is a cracked rubber oil breather pipe which i think is causing a vacume leak .

And secondly the hand brake shoes need replacing . so every time you park up i have to leave it in gear .

Appart from these two inperfections , the vectra is a lovley car but im eager to try something new . and to be honest both the wife and i will be sorry to let her go as it has been such a good reliable old girl .

i will put up photos once i figure out how to do it . lol
apologies for the long winded essay . :bowdown::getmecoat:

bigjohn75
1st August 2013, 16:45
oh and i replaced the gear and handbrake gaiters with new black leather ones with white stitching . valeted at soapy joes , grantham once a fourtnight and always looks as good as new . so lots of polish is on the body work .

inbox me what you have or post photos , i dont mind early addition w or x reg models that need a little work . minor body work issues not a problem . I have a very good mechanic , who loves rovers and jags .
but no auto matics . too much money when they go wrong .