PDA

View Full Version : Engine Re-mapping

Speedo
5th August 2013, 10:47
Saw a guy on the Caravan Channel recently get his tow car engine re-mapped to give more power for towing and help fuel economy.

Anyone done this to their 75 and did it make any difference?

oldcarguy
5th August 2013, 10:55
Get in touch with Marinabrian or Bigruss on the forum, either of these fine fellows will do you a 160 remap, plenty of good reports on the upgrade.
Just send one of them a pm if you want a price.

andyg2011
5th August 2013, 11:16
Get in touch with Marinabrian or Bigruss on the forum, either of these fine fellows will do you a 160 remap, plenty of good reports on the upgrade.
Just send one of them a pm if you want a price.

Yes that's right

Pm (private message) Marinabrian or Bigruss on here, as you are in Kent they do a postal turnaround where you post your ECU off to them one day they get it do the upgrade the next day and post it bk to you for the next day,,,,,

There both super Guys and i as well as other members cant rate them high enuff they will also give you all the info you need to remove your ECU and help you in anyway they can:bowdown:

All done over 3 days so you cant use your car :getmecoat:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Heddy
5th August 2013, 11:35
Hi, ask Russ or Brian about the effects on towing, dunno if this is your intention but they can advise on what you may expect to achieve. I know my car was pretty abysmal and I don't tow so can imagine what a 'van on the back' feels like. Post remap, pure joy, well worth doing.

paul d
5th August 2013, 18:39
Having had it done (the 160 remap) by Big Russ:bowdown: not only does it make it easier to tow with. A bit more power & loads more torque for the hilly bits certainly, it makes the car a much nicer drive, smoother power band & sharper throttle response.

IMVHO --- JUST GET IT DONE you won't regret it.

Regards

Paul