PDA

View Full Version : The Blackpool Trinity Hospice & Illuminations Meet 12th Oct

BIG LEK
5th August 2013, 13:27
CANCER
That's a illness none of us like to hear about, but it it's probably touched all our lives at one point or another, a friend? family member? we all know some one who was touched by the damned illness, The money raised will go to the Hospice who is allowing us to use their car park, Any one who has had dealings with any Hospice will tell you, they do a wonderful job, You can't help but be touched by the staff's dedication to the patients in their care.
What is being organized s a meet in Blackpool to raise much needed funds for the hospice, which will be on the Hospice grounds, The meet is being called Scotty's Blackpool Trinity Hospice & Illuminations Meet in honor the organizors brother in law, The idea is, have the meet on the car park, then trail a convoy around the Blackpool illuminations, Both ways, Then grab some chips from a nice chippy at the end. This is to place on Saturday 12th October 2013
Now how can we raise money for the Hospice you may be wondering, well via donations to Trinity or you can get sponsorships for the run, Its up to you,
All money raised goes straight to the Hospice
Now If you would like to attend, add your name and it will be added to the list, Details or where the Hospice is in Blackpool will follow, There is a Premier inn 2 mins away from the hospice
The organizer of this meet would love to have you at this meet, Its for charity, we need at least 10 cars to make it worth while, there will be cakes and refreshments for sale, all profits will be donated to the Hospice too, this meet will be promoted locally too so we are hoping for local residents to come and take a look at your cars too http://www.mgr-forums.com/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

So put your names down if you are interested in it, Please bear in mind this is for Charity and is some thing we would like to host annually, So Lets raise some money for a good cause

I have now been to the Hospice and spoken to them, They have sanctioned the meet http://www.mgr-forums.com/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif http://www.mgr-forums.com/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif http://www.mgr-forums.com/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif also we have the use of part of the car park, which will have space for plenty us.

I have also talked with the events coordinator at the Hospice, She will let all departments know about the meet, She said that if some of the Children who are in the Hospice want to, they can come and look around the cars.

The meet will start at about 3 (will adjust if demand wants to), If demand wants it to start earlier then that is ok, I am just trying to get the right balance for the start of the illuminations too.

Come on guys, put your name down, lets make some money, I am promoting this locally so we can get locals to come and view the cars and tip money in the collection buckets http://www.mgr-forums.com/images/smilies/standard%20smileys/clap.gif http://www.mgr-forums.com/images/smilies/standard%20smileys/clap.gif http://www.mgr-forums.com/images/smilies/standard%20smileys/clap.gif http://www.mgr-forums.com/images/smilies/standard%20smileys/clap.gif

The organizer is not a member of this club but would like to invite any of you guys to come and enjoy a meet with a difference
Here is a link to Trinity hospice (http://www.trinityhospice.co.uk/)

Here is a link to the local Premier Inn (http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/BLARED/blackpool-bispham)

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

Godfer
5th August 2013, 20:36
Stick my name down! Should be a giggle! ;)

BIG LEK
5th August 2013, 20:46
Stick my name down! Should be a giggle! ;)Thank-you;)

BIG LEK
5th August 2013, 20:47
Attendees
Godfer
carguy143
tom1954 &mary
kev1805
james uk
DC53LSY
rich17865
shaunscully75
RichandPaula

FLYING BANANA
5th August 2013, 20:48
A good cause but I am unable to attend.

carguy143
5th August 2013, 21:51
I'm working til 6pm in Preston on that Saturday but should be free after that.

BIG LEK
6th August 2013, 21:38
I'm working til 6pm in Preston on that Saturday but should be free after that.I will put you down as a possible then thank-you;)

tom1954
7th August 2013, 20:44
Hi Lee put mine and marys name down will be honoured to help such a good cause.:)can you get address off priemier inn thanks.

Kev1805
7th August 2013, 22:16
I will definitely come along and support you but being local I have no interest in riding the lights!! :)

James.uk
8th August 2013, 03:04
I will do my best to get there, and will bring my lil "pat" dog for the kids to stroke. :}

For those who don't know, he's a lil White Bichon Frise.. Real cute too.. :}

Gate Keeper
8th August 2013, 04:51
Hi Lee

I won't be able to make the meeting. Here is a link to the hospice

http://www.trinityhospice.co.uk where people can leave a donation.

BIG LEK
8th August 2013, 08:28
Hi Lee

I won't be able to make the meeting. Here is a link to the hospice

http://www.trinityhospice.co.uk where people can leave a donation.Thank you for posting up the link, the list is now update, I will speak to the organiser of the meet about hotel's etc as i'm sure he was trying to sort something out, thank-you every-one;)

carguy143
8th August 2013, 22:24
I will put you down as a possible then thank-you;)

In fact, I AM free after 6pm, stick me on it as a yes.

BIG LEK
8th August 2013, 23:03
In fact, I AM free after 6pm, stick me on it as a yes.Ok thank-you;)

BIG LEK
8th August 2013, 23:07
Forgot to mention ive now added the links to the hospice and a hotel,to my original post thank-you

tom1954
9th August 2013, 13:58
Looking at booking Preston north 13miles from Hospice and only £91 for the two nights that is for two persons. Premier inn

BIG LEK
9th August 2013, 18:33
A little Friday night BuMp.

carguy143
9th August 2013, 21:45
Looking at booking Preston north 13miles from Hospice and only £91 for the two nights that is for two persons. Premier inn

That's not bad. Avoid the city centre premier inn as it doesn't have a car park.

Rik.

DC53 LSY
9th August 2013, 22:45
I'm only in Cleveleys so this is right on my doorstep. It's a long(ish) time yet between now and October, and anything can happen in that time so I might have to bail, but none the less, pencil me in.

rich17865
10th August 2013, 09:18
Sounds good to me, put my name down, should be bringing my daughter and her indoors too :D

BIG LEK
10th August 2013, 10:00
List updated thanks to every-one who has put there names down so far,would any-one else like there name adding thank-you,

BIG LEK
16th August 2013, 11:51
Thanks a lot to the people who have put there names down up to now, just wondering if any-one else would like to come along to this meet it is for a very good cause, thank-you

swanny
16th August 2013, 13:25
i no longer have a rover but would like to support this. Where you aiming for just rovers or would other cars be of interest? i could advettise this on some of the kit car websites i go on?

paul

BIG LEK
16th August 2013, 13:52
i no longer have a rover but would like to support this. Where you aiming for just rovers or would other cars be of interest? i could advettise this on some of the kit car websites i go on?

paulHi, paul, its alright that you no longer have a rover, and please do give this meet a mention on the kit car site's but could you please let me know if any-ones coming so we can keep track of how many people are attending, thank-you

shaunscully75
16th August 2013, 22:01
I know the hospice well.. they do a fantastic job
I'll have a go, a big long line of 75s is an impressive sight, I don't know the first thing about getting donations but i'll drive up and down and look hopeful..

BIG LEK
16th August 2013, 22:06
I know the hospice well.. they do a fantastic job
I'll have a go, a big long line of 75s is an impressive sight, I don't know the first thing about getting donations but i'll drive up and down and look hopeful..Thanks your now added to my list;)

BIG LEK
17th August 2013, 18:12
A little weekend bump, can I interest any-one?

ady
17th August 2013, 23:16
Put me down mate as a poss :D

BIG LEK
18th August 2013, 09:15
Heres a copy of a post the organiser posted on another forum,

Please remember, this is a charity meet, you will need to gain sponsors for the run through the lights or donations accepted, We will only have donation buckets out for any public that may come and look at the cars of coarse attendees are welcome to donate through the buckets them selves on the day too. We won't be using the buckets when driving through the lights Please print the forms off if you are looking at sponsorships
Also, there will be a cake stall, Raffle draw, and any other way i can think to raise money lol

BIG LEK
23rd August 2013, 21:27
Just another little bump thank-you.

BIG LEK
25th August 2013, 18:00
And
Just another little bump thank-you.

BIG LEK
5th September 2013, 19:18
Yet another bump lol

tom1954
12th September 2013, 10:06
Hi all mary and i are booked into the premier inn on Blackpool road lea preston we have booked in for 3 nights 11 12 13th oct looking forward to it.Its 13 miles out but has good parking and good food bar. post code pr4 0xb

carguy143
26th September 2013, 22:48
Hi all mary and i are booked into the premier inn on Blackpool road lea preston we have booked in for 3 nights 11 12 13th oct looking forward to it.Its 13 miles out but has good parking and good food bar. post code pr4 0xb

Blackpool is very easy to find from there. I work on Blackpool Road but more towards the Preston side.

James.uk
27th September 2013, 02:23
This threads a bit bumpy innit........ :D

RichandPaula
6th October 2013, 22:55
Yep, think we are down for this one. All for doing a bit for a good cause and we're overdue a run through the lights this year.

Have we got any idea on numbers / attendees yet?

BIG LEK
7th October 2013, 07:16
I think theres roughly 25 peoples names down upto now and theres still plenty of time for more so if you fancy a meet on Saturday and a ride in convoy through blackpool lights and its all for a good cause just let me know thanks,

RichandPaula
7th October 2013, 09:04
Put us on the list - sounds like this s going to be a good turn out and great day.

carguy143
7th October 2013, 18:58
Is there any update on this? I'm still going to make it but it won't be til after i finish work in Preston at 6 so hopefully I'll be there by 7.

Thanks.

Rik.

BIG LEK
7th October 2013, 19:13
Is there any update on this? I'm still going to make it but it won't be til after i finish work in Preston at 6 so hopefully I'll be there by 7.

Thanks.

Rik.Hi, theres around 25/26 cars hopefully if every one makes it, hopefully afew before Saturday, thanks:)

tom1954
8th October 2013, 13:44
Hi Mary and i going over Friday and stopping at premier lodge blackpool rd fri sat and sunday nights got the mg banner off big lek. see every one there.it will be a good run for my new to me cdti conny 03.

Paul_T
8th October 2013, 17:50
As I put on MG-Rover, I will try and bring my V8 down!

BIG LEK
10th October 2013, 18:25
Just a little bump, and thanks to every-one who is attending this meet,

RichandPaula
11th October 2013, 11:36
Look out for a Copperleaf R75 Tourer and give us a beep & wave if you see us on the way.

:D

Bainzi
11th October 2013, 21:36
Sorry Guys, I'm unable to attend, I hope the rain keeps off for you all.

Regards

Nigel

Kev1805
12th October 2013, 08:38
Can I just ask what the times and agenda are for today?

The lights are switched on at 18.45 tonight so wondered what time we are meeting at the car park and what time we are heading for the prom.

BIG LEK
12th October 2013, 09:14
Can I just ask what the times and agenda are for today?

The lights are switched on at 18.45 tonight so wondered what time we are meeting at the car park and what time we are heading for the prom.Hi, kev I know the meet starts around 3pm but I don't know what time exactly the run through the lights is planned for sorry:shrug:

Kev1805
12th October 2013, 09:24
Hi, kev I know the meet starts around 3pm but I don't know what time exactly the run through the lights is planned for sorry:shrug:

Ok mate, will be there for 1500. Thanks :}

RichandPaula
12th October 2013, 09:48
Route & camera locations noted - Car washed !

See you later
http://www.mgr-forums.com/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

rich17865
12th October 2013, 10:23
I am sorry ladies and gentlemen, unfortunately we will be unable to make this today.

I appreciate that it is for charity, so could someone let me know the donation information so I can still make a contribution.

Rich

carguy143
12th October 2013, 10:58
Can someone who is going to this please PM me their mobile number so I can track you down when I get to Blackpool around 6:30?

Thanks.

Rik.

Godfer
12th October 2013, 12:19
Apologies! I am unable to attend the event as planned. I hope it goes well and is a success. I will make a donation in my absence.

Kev1805
12th October 2013, 12:45
Can someone who is going to this please PM me their mobile number so I can track you down when I get to Blackpool around 6:30?

Thanks.

Rik.

Have done :}

Kev

tom1954
15th October 2013, 11:41
Hi all who attended good time had cold and windy raised 300 pounds for the hospice was nice to meet mick and family will see you again we hope Tom & Mary:D:D

Kev1805
18th October 2013, 08:20
Hi all who attended good time had cold and windy raised 300 pounds for the hospice was nice to meet mick and family will see you again we hope Tom & Mary:D:D

Nice to meet you and Mary Last weekend Tom, shame it wasn't a better turn out. I've been told by Mike that the final total raised was £401.25. :)

tom1954
18th October 2013, 09:48
Nice to meet you and Mary Last weekend Tom, shame it wasn't a better turn out. I've been told by Mike that the final total raised was £401.25. :)
Yes not bad considering the turnout see if we can do better next year.