PDA

View Full Version : Ecu problem ,I think !

dang73
7th August 2013, 16:19
Hi have a problem with my zt cdti looking for some clues wife was driving home from work last night and the car just died. It turns over ok just won't start she called the aa out and initially he thought it was the fuel pump but he ruled that out saying it was ok so moved onto the ecu ,in the end he was convinced that it had got damp so I took it out last night and stuck it in the airing cupboard although have to say it didn't show any signs of being damp any way put it back in the car and still doesn't start any body have any ideas I know it's a bit vague but any comments would be appreciated thnx

Arctic
7th August 2013, 16:27
HI Daniel.
How much diesel does the car have in make sure its over the 1/4 try to get it to half if possible also take battery off for 30 mins did you notice any water in the plenum when you took the ECU out, was there any signs on the pollen filter such as below to indicate that the ECU as had a swim

reesalan
7th August 2013, 17:39
HI my E C U UNIT got wet over the weekend. I called the AA out, and I had a little bit more luck than you. The AA striped the unit down to the circuit board and wiped the unit down very carefully, and they also sprayed every contact including the cable contact's.
P.S
When a mobile gets wet they advise to put it in a bowl of white rice as it absorbs the moisture

dang73
7th August 2013, 19:48
Thnx for the replys guys tank is about half full the misses regularly runs near empty (despite me telling her off )and never had a problem as for water around the ecu or plenum there was not one sign of moisture anywhere if took it back off now so will leave it in the airing cupboard for another 24 hours see if that helps

marinabrian
7th August 2013, 22:22
Thnx for the replys guys tank is about half full the misses regularly runs near empty (despite me telling her off )and never had a problem as for water around the ecu or plenum there was not one sign of moisture anywhere if took it back off now so will leave it in the airing cupboard for another 24 hours see if that helps

If you don't have any joy with that, give Big Russ a shout, I'm sure he'll be able to assist ;)
Brian :D