PDA

View Full Version : what is this?

tareim
8th August 2013, 12:31
just went to install my catch tank, when trying to pull out the larger pipe from its spot I accidentally broke part of the smaller one making it impossible to reconnect as it is.

my question is what is that white bit, is it needed or can I remove it to connect another hose back up to it
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-632FCWCV06M/UgOOyV5VwhI/AAAAAAAAAMw/vQ10crB3VA4/w656-h875-no/IMG_20130808_130156.jpg

tareim
8th August 2013, 15:03
bump. anyone?

tomcattom
8th August 2013, 15:26
Looks like part of the crankcase breather system.

SD1too
8th August 2013, 19:29
... my question is what is that white bit ...
It's just a hose connector Sam.

Simon

tareim
8th August 2013, 19:37
Thanks, I was worried it'd be some kind of 1 way valve like the white thing in the top left corner of the engine bay

SD1too
8th August 2013, 19:50
That's a fair point but no, it's not a one way valve.
As you're fitting a catch tank, you might like to remove the cam covers and clean the gauze filters mounted within; and clear the pinhole restriction at the suction side too. I bet it will be full of hard carbon deposits (as mine was). There are a lot of screws to remove so you might be put off the idea, but if you do I'd be interested to hear whether your catch tank 'catches' anything. I'm trying to find out whether the blocked pinhole restrictors are the cause of the 'oil in the inlet manifold' syndrome.

Simon