PDA

View Full Version : Rolling

TheBearUK
8th August 2013, 19:02
Hi
over the last few days the car feels like it's drifting or rolling as i corner, I've checked tyre pressure and all are normal, tread is good all round, a couple of weeks ago i did loose the back end going round a roundabout (luckily pulled it back), but I think this was down to oil on the road.
What do I start checking first?

KWIL
8th August 2013, 19:25
Springs, anti roll bar links and then Shocks.

TheBearUK
8th August 2013, 19:36
I'll check, replaced shock for mot... but others could be bad, car seems to be sitting ok, need to try *** it up aheight

TheBearUK
9th August 2013, 17:47
well, a quick check and although the car looked like it was sitting right I can get a full hand over one rear wheel but not over the other, I did a spring test... from what i remember as a kid and it bounced once on all four corners, so i think the shocks are ok, need to check the springs properly this weekend

TheBearUK
9th August 2013, 20:05
Nope off the drive both sides are 2.5 fingers tyre top to wheel arch ... Antiroll bar next

carlpenn
9th August 2013, 20:58
Does it feel like its doing this when you turn one way only or both ways?

When I turned right, my Car felt like it was going to fall over :p: My N/S Damper was leaking when I took it off.

Shocks should really be changed in Pairs as well. Always with suspension / Brake components replace both sides :) Did you change both or just one?

trikey
10th August 2013, 00:43
Take rear wheels off, have a look inside the bottom arms, good chance you have snapped the pigtails of the springs, you cannot see this with the wheels on!

TheBearUK
10th August 2013, 00:50
I'll check all this on Sunday, I've 2 appointments I can't change tomorrow, and it means driving to jedburgh and back, I'll have to be careful