PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust problem

AndyAitch
8th August 2013, 21:00
I got meself a Pipercross Induction kit yesterday (Thanks Dan :}), fitted it last night and drove to work this morning loving the noise. Finished work at 6 and set off with my mate to pick up my Accy Stanley season ticket. My mate was commenting on the noise so I gave the loud pedal a kick and things suddenly got VERY loud...

After sulking for a bit and thinking it was going to cost me a fortune, we got the car jacked up, pulled off the undertray and a Lambda sensor dropped out, still attached to it's cable and the screw in bit (boss?). It looks like it's rusted and blown out of the exhaust.

My question : is it weldable or am I looking for a new lump of exhaust? I thought my manifold was knackered and was just getting ready to flog a kidney or summat...

bubs
9th August 2013, 09:04
is the lamba sensor housed on the downpipe or the manifold? if it's the downpipe i would assume you would be able to get a new bit of pipe and screw welded in.

chris75
9th August 2013, 12:03
Heres a new one ............
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/90704H-MG-ZT-T-2-5-V6-Petrol-7-01-12-05-Catalytic-Converter-/380524011609?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5898ffa059#ht_4055wt_956

Simon.h
9th August 2013, 17:26
Which one was it?
If its the nut which the sensor screws into then yes a new one could be welded on to the exhaust but I can't see it being the nut! more likely the sensor was not tight!

AndyAitch
11th August 2013, 13:07
Which one was it?
If its the nut which the sensor screws into then yes a new one could be welded on to the exhaust but I can't see it being the nut! more likely the sensor was not tight!

It looks like it's rusted around the nut and blown that out with the sensor. My mate is coming round in a bit and we're going to get the car off the ground and have a proper look. I've just been on Rimmer's site to see how much the downpipe is and that ain't happening...

Dansrockin
11th August 2013, 14:04
its fate, the gods are trying to save you from spending hard earned money on an accrington stanley season ticket!!!!:D:D
hope your enjoying the extra noise!

stocktake
11th August 2013, 14:24
It looks like it's rusted around the nut and blown that out with the sensor. My mate is coming round in a bit and we're going to get the car off the ground and have a proper look. I've just been on Rimmer's site to see how much the downpipe is and that ain't happening...

Get it welded back on :)

AndyAitch
11th August 2013, 14:57
its fate, the gods are trying to save you from spending hard earned money on an accrington stanley season ticket!!!!:D:D
hope your enjoying the extra noise!

:} I got the ticket so that's sorted...
I fitted the induction kit and managed the grand total of 3 miles before the sensor blew out.

It's all your fault... ;)

Get it welded back on :)

That's the plan Dave, my mate has just had a look, it's weldable but he thinks we'll have to drop the entire exhaust system to do it properly, it's blown out of the rear manifold downpipe and it's a bit of a pig to get at unless I can find someone friendly with a pit or lift...

Dansrockin
11th August 2013, 17:59
:} I got the ticket so that's sorted.....

That's your problem then, your car is ashamed of carrying accrington fans! :D

AndyAitch
11th August 2013, 21:28
That's your problem then, your car is ashamed of carrying accrington fans! :D

Hehe...

I'm actually a Newcastle Utd fan but Accy play about half a mile from my house and it's a cracking atmosphere so three of us got season tickets, me, Steve who's a Villa fan, and Brad's an Everton fan. 2nd row seats just behind the goal. Mind you, when I say 2nd row, there are only about 5 rows...
:}

AndyAitch
11th August 2013, 22:21
Which one was it?

It's fixable with a bit of welding.

Simon, do I have to take the entire exhaust off? I know you've had fun with yours for a while and thought you might be able to advise, but it looks like it's all one piece and I can't just remove the downpipe/cat bit.