PDA

View Full Version : How to replace condensor Rover 75 2.0 Cdt

dvdgeest
9th August 2013, 12:10
I have a Rover 75, 2.0 Cdt, model 2000, handgear. I've just ordered a new coolingfan motor with upgrade in Jules shop, in the UK (I live in Holland). Great guy with splendid service! While changing I considered that my condensor is in bad shape. So I ordered a new condensorunit. But: do I have to (re)fill the dryer canister which is placed directly at the rigth side of the condensor. Do I have to fill it with 'dryer'? Or is it allready filled when new ordered? How do I have to do this?

Thanks for advice :}

suffolk boy
9th August 2013, 15:03
they come with the desicant allready in them.or as you refer to as the dryer.hope you also got new seals for the pipes at the same time.i am sure jules would have advised this .

dvdgeest
9th August 2013, 15:39
Hello, suffolk boy. Thanks for the advice :}. And indeed: Jules gave me 2 O-rings to seal the pipes! Now I can finish the re-assembling and let it all fill at the garage. Hope it will work.

suffolk boy
9th August 2013, 15:41
no problem did mine last week now blowing nice and cold

dvdgeest
9th August 2013, 18:51
ok......and did you use something extra to fit the pipes to the condensor, something like liquid gasket or something, or just the rubber rings and that's it?