PDA

View Full Version : P 1260??????

pannono
9th August 2013, 14:36
I have a Rover 75 cdti 2004 automatic saloon with 80.000 mls.
The engine has a tapping, knocking noise under load in D and in R. No knocking in N and in P. The noise silenced when the car speeding up a bit. The idle is erratic, bouncing up and down between 550-700.
We done a check with a code reader (it was not a T4)
The fault code reader was showing the :
" P 1260 delivery fuel pressure monitoring"
error code.
Does anyone know what this exactly means, and what I need to check or replace or clean?
Thank you for your help

Richard Garner
9th August 2013, 20:00
Under hard acceleration the diesel lump is known to make a sort of ticking noise. As for the fault code, I'm afraid I don't know what that means.
There are a few things though that might help, try keeping more than 1/4 tank of fuel in the car as this prevents the intank fuel pump from being over worked and failing. Then change the air and fuel filter, if they haven't been changed for a while it wont hurt to change them. Does it throw out lots of smoke when under load?

pannono
10th August 2013, 15:36
thanks for your advise.
No smoke at all. When i put my foot down the car does a good kickdown without hesitation and without any smoke. The performance of the car is good. I just changed the oil and all the filters including fuel filter but nothing changed.

chris75
10th August 2013, 16:29
That code was referred to here ........
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=28920

pannono
10th August 2013, 18:05
Hi,
My car starts perfectly no cutting out or hesitation just the knocking engine noise under load, erratic idle and idle drop what I mentioned in the first post.
The code is the same P 1260 but my comment is delivery fuel pressure monitoring the other one is fuel pressure supply low...and the person had starting problems.
I think my fuel pump is ok. I need to check something else I think
thanks for the help