PDA

View Full Version : Wheel refurbs complete..new photos !!!!

Howey
9th August 2013, 17:13
Following on from my post yesterday about the trial refurbishment on one wheel, I have just picked the car up from all four refurbs so as promised, more pics and for PAB a close up shot......

Howey
9th August 2013, 17:14
Another pic...

Howey
9th August 2013, 17:16
Another pic....

Howey
9th August 2013, 17:16
And a close up....

Simon.h
9th August 2013, 17:18
Well done, they look great!
What was the cost?

Weso
9th August 2013, 17:19
Very, very nice, would you be prepared to list the contact details for the company you used, sorry so many questions, I am almost as excited as I suspect you are....:}

DaveyC
9th August 2013, 17:19
Looking very good there. Just needs the centres to complete the ensemble :D

rathlindri
9th August 2013, 17:20
Nice job, nothing wrong with gridspokes....I think they suit the Mk2 ZT

suzublu
9th August 2013, 17:23
Wouldn't have minded that finish on my 11's :drool4: very nice;)

Howey
9th August 2013, 17:40
Guys, to answer your questions, they weren't the cheapest but my goodness they did a great job. Dropped the car at 0800 this morning and they started straight away, was finally ready at 5pm although the centre caps were a pig to paint apparently as the paint kept reacting with the plastic as it dried.
I have them drying on my workbench after the 4th time of painting. Should be okay this time and I have a new set of burgundy and white MG badges arriving in the post hopefully tomorrow.
The price was £60 plus VAT each, the colour is Porsche GT silver, colour code M7Z.The work was carried out by Autowiz of Welwyn garden city,literally at the end of my road. They have a website with all their pricing .
Speaking with the guy who did the work, he reckons MG alloys are the worst quality OEM alloys to work on,made in Turkey, he says the finish is so uneven and pitted that when he paints them he ends up with loads of bubbling where the paint sinks into the pitting. He reckons the Hairpin alloys are totally different and much better to work on !

pab
9th August 2013, 17:40
Did the refurb company disclose the paint code and manufacturer to you. The colour I think will suit the project on another set of 11 Spokes I've been offered,

Many thanks for the close up picture..

Howey
9th August 2013, 17:44
Did the refurb company disclose the paint code and manufacturer to you. The colour I think will suit the project on another set of 11 Spokes I've been offered,

Many thanks for the close up picture..
Hey Pab, Listed on previous post mate...it is M7Z

Howey
9th August 2013, 17:45
He was cagey about who his wholesaler for the paint was though but I have googled the paint code and it all checks out ...
Will try to find out more though mate if you need it

Howey
9th August 2013, 18:05
I also managed to fit the window air deflectors...I love spending money on this car...:getmecoat: