PDA

View Full Version : General question about Undertrays

carlpenn
9th August 2013, 17:18
Fairly simple question really, and I think I have answered it myself.

Dear all,

Looking at Rimmers, all the Undertrays are NLA and point to another part Number, all these part numbers then lead to a single part number.

So, my Question is:

Are the Undertrays interchangeable? I want to stick the one from my Diesel on to the V6 :shrug:

I am sure I read on this Site that they were not, but if Rimmers is anything to go by, they are <scratches Head> :p:

Any help appreciated

Sincerely

Mr Confused of Bilston. :D

DaveyC
9th August 2013, 17:29
Glad you posted this one, I was just about to ask the same thing, as mine went missing after all the snow! You would think I would have heard it come off :getmecoat:

Howey
9th August 2013, 17:51
Glad you posted this one, I was just about to ask the same thing, as mine went missing after all the snow! You would think I would have heard it come off :getmecoat:

They are all interchangeable with regards to fixings, heat shield and sound deadening positioning varies...only model which was different was the base 1.8 which didn't get a full undertray, just a small front section

Howey
9th August 2013, 17:52
From experience the cheap reproductions on eBay don't fit properly and are of poor quality. Post on here on the items wanted as there are usually a few knocking around on the forum :}

Howey
9th August 2013, 17:54

I certainly heard mine come off... At 90mph in the fast lane of the M6 heading back from Birmingham the leading edge came undone and subsequently proceeded to direct every piece of gravel up into the engine bay.. The technician who had just fitted the clutch at A1 clutches of Tipton was to blame for that debacle :getmecoat:

VMax1000
9th August 2013, 18:12
V8 undertray is also different from others in the range

T-Cut
9th August 2013, 18:15
The technician who had just fitted the clutch at A1 clutches of Tipton was to blame for that debacle

He'll have 'tightened' the turnbuckles. A common mistake.

TC

murphyv310
9th August 2013, 18:18
...only model which was different was the base 1.8 which didn't get a full undertray, just a small front section

Hi.
Do you mean on 1.8's with low equipment levels? My 1.8 Connie SE has the full undertray. I was led to believe the 1.8 on later models had no tray at all.

DaveyC
9th August 2013, 18:25
I certainly heard mine come off... At 90mph in the fast lane of the M6 heading back from Birmingham the leading edge came undone and subsequently proceeded to direct every piece of gravel up into the engine bay.. The technician who had just fitted the clutch at A1 clutches of Tipton was to blame for that debacle :getmecoat:

Mine was held on with cable ties (nothing to do with me!!). Never got round to fixing it. Had loads of snow and next time I jacked the car up, it was missing :shrug:

GED75
9th August 2013, 18:28
Hi.
Do you mean on 1.8's with low equipment levels? My 1.8 Connie SE has the full undertray. I was led to believe the 1.8 on later models had no tray at all.1.8 turbo hasa short undertray to aid cooling

carlpenn
9th August 2013, 19:16
Thank you all for your responses :D

T-Cut
9th August 2013, 21:41
Do you mean on 1.8's with low equipment levels? My 1.8 Connie SE has the full undertray. I was led to believe the 1.8 on later models had no tray at all.

All 1.8s had the full undertray until September 2002 when they were deleted during Project Drive. The 1.8Turbos always had the shorter undertray and continued to do so after P.D.

TC