PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation while accelerating from a cold start.

CMB82
9th August 2013, 19:29
Hi folks,

I have a 1.8 petrol and recently it has developed a hesitation problem whilst accelerating from cold. Basically when I am accelerating the engine will hesitate for literally a split second or two causing little jerks. This happens maybe two or three times until the engine is up to running temp and then its fine. Now it doesnt happen from every cold start but its starting to happen alot now. It happens mainly in second gear, but sometimes in third too.

Does this sound like a faulty sensor somewhere?

Cheers lads.

CMB82
10th August 2013, 11:05
Any ideas?

Alan_G
10th August 2013, 16:49
Mine did that when I was having my idling problems. Try cleaning out the idle air control valve and throttle body. See if that helps as a starting point. I replaced my throttle body with one off eBay for a tenner and it included the potentiometer sensor. Worth a try. :)

suzublu
10th August 2013, 16:53
Book a session with marinabrian & the T4;) Also,check for coolant leaking from the inlet manifold gasket,sometimes causes hesitation as plugs 1&4 usually get wet :}

CMB82
10th August 2013, 21:27
Book a session with marinabrian & the T4;) Also,check for coolant leaking from the inlet manifold gasket,sometimes causes hesitation as plugs 1&4 usually get wet :}

Thanks for the response. What exactly it's a T4 session and how much does it cost? I had a new inlet manifold and gasket fitted in January and I am not losing any coolant.