PDA

View Full Version : vibrating when accelerating

andylwilson
9th August 2013, 19:35
My 2003 75 1.8 has a vibration that I can hear and feel through the floor and steering wheel when I accelerate the harder I do the more I feel it if I drive steady I hardly feel it when I got the car the drive shaft Support bearing was loose where it attaches to the engine it's tight now my drive shaft doesn't appear bent so can't be that just wonder if the drive shaft Support arm bearing is worn although it doesn't have play and isn't noisy so haven't got a clue

Mr (Z) T
9th August 2013, 19:46
Engine mount?

andylwilson
9th August 2013, 21:04
Will give them a look but engine seems very firm and solid

paul d
9th August 2013, 21:09
Would definatly check the lower engine mount. Certainly as the vibration is under acceleration

Regards

Paul

robmac
10th August 2013, 22:40
I'd check your bottom arm rear bushes too, had a similar problem with my cdti , changed the bushes and vibration disappeared.

jasper76
11th August 2013, 12:32
hi rob i had exactly the same problem.it turned out to be the large bush of the lower engin mount.ive uprated them to a powerflex bush from ebay and its cured the problem.even when i looked at my lower mount it looked fine so dont be fooled by it

andylwilson
11th August 2013, 19:31
Thanks everyone for advice it looks like engine mounting is favourite I thought it could have been the drive shaft support bearing what makes it more confusing is something I never noticed until today that when the car is cold it is only just noticeable don't know if that still means it could be an engine mounting problem

johnynof
13th September 2016, 11:00
yes I have a vibration upon 50 mph + acceleration and changed the bottom engine mount but still have the problem:shrug:

Sheraton
13th September 2016, 14:19
yes I have a vibration upon 50 mph + acceleration and changed the bottom engine mount but still have the problem:shrug:

try changing your wheels over - front to back - it could be a tyre/wheel problem ;)

Paul.