PDA

View Full Version : Side repeater light.

Raustin
9th August 2013, 22:28
Hi, can anyone advise on what I should do next.
The yellow warning lightbulb pop up on my dash the other day. On checking the repeaters i found the drivers side repeater bulb was not working. Went off and got replacement bulb however its still won't work. Any ideas or advice.

Cheers

Robert

trikey
9th August 2013, 22:30
Hi, can anyone advise on what I should do next.
The yellow warning lightbulb pop up on my dash the other day. On checking the repeaters i found the drivers side repeater bulb was not working. Went off and got replacement bulb however its still won't work. Any ideas or advice.

Cheers

Robert

Check for a 12v supply at the bulb holder.

pab
9th August 2013, 22:32
Side repeaters are not on the bulb failure circuit. Check your number plate lights..

Raustin
9th August 2013, 22:40
Sorry, may have used the wrong terminology. a little yellow bulb on dash, checked manual and is defo the side repeater thats not working, changed bulbs and not working , swapped bulb with other side and bulb worked ok.

Raustin
10th August 2013, 12:19
Side repeaters are not on the bulb failure circuit. Check your number plate lights..

Pab, humble apology and you were 100% correct. On further inspection I discovered the number plate bulbs both not working. Took a closer look at the side repeater and discovered that connection were corroded, did a bit of a clean up job and now working fine.
However, I replaced both bulbs on the number plate and they are not working at all. Do they have fuse of their own.....if so I can't find it in the handbook?
Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers

Robert

pab
10th August 2013, 12:58
Remove the boot lid handle or lip spoiler on later models. Check the copper PCB for breaks in the tracks as they corrode. They can be repaired with a soldering iron.

DMGRS
10th August 2013, 13:06
Pab, AKA the oracle! :bowdown: