PDA

View Full Version : Pierburg MAF for Snergy

chris_h
10th August 2013, 06:47
Does anyone know if Eurocarparts sell the Pierburg MAF that compatible with the Rover Ron Synergy. I know I can get one from rover Ron but need one today if possible.

marinabrian
11th August 2013, 19:04
Does anyone know if Eurocarparts sell the Pierburg MAF that compatible with the Rover Ron Synergy. I know I can get one from rover Ron but need one today if possible.
It's a mercedes sprinter van maf :getmecoat:
Or just unplug and get one at your leisure ;)
Brian :D

chris_h
17th August 2013, 21:55
I have now changed the MAF for a new Pierburg, but it has made no difference. I have a Synergy 2 fitted with a Pierburg. The new one has the same part number as the old MAF so the part is correct. The symptoms are the same with either MAF connected, there is a large drop in power especially going up hills. When the MAF is disconnected the power returns. I thought the MAF had gone as it has done about 140k miles.

spyder
17th August 2013, 22:07
I have now changed the MAF for a new Pierburg, but it has made no difference. I have a Synergy 2 fitted with a Pierburg. The new one has the same part number as the old MAF so the part is correct. The symptoms are the same with either MAF connected, there is a large drop in power especially going up hills. When the MAF is disconnected the power returns. I thought the MAF had gone as it has done about 140k miles.

Have you changed the settings to 6-10 on the synergy with the PB, I changed mine a few times to see the difference. Power was fine with either, acceleration was good with no hesitation but economy was slightly better with the bosh one.
Are you sure the plug onto the MAF is the right way around ?
Climbing hills with the diesel is usually where it comes into its own.

marinabrian
17th August 2013, 22:21
Getting it "right" is very much a trial and error thing with the Synergy.
Even with T4, obtaining the correct compromise of settings to suit the Pierburg MAF is difficult.

I can without opening the bonnet on an owners car, immediately tell if they have a Pierburg MAF fitted simply by reviewing the airflow figures.
Simply put, they are very characteristic in their shortcomings in respect of airflow readings.

And in terms of original Bosch MAF sensors, the MAFAM section Synergy will not as the manufacturer have you believe "assist" a weak MAF.
Why is this?, put simply Bosch MAF sensors "fail" with a higher than average output, so amplifying this will compound the error ;)

Brian :D

chris_h
17th August 2013, 22:29
Yes I have checked the MAF connector is connected The right way round. I only tried 2 settings, 10 and 7. Do I need to use a lower setting?

spyder
17th August 2013, 22:31
It is possible that Chris just wants to get his car going, rather than debate the pros and cons of the PB Maf and Synergy.

Good night.:D

ZedTeeTee
17th August 2013, 23:03
Then disconnect the MAF, car will "get going" :D

I think perhaps a T4 session could be an enlightening experience here...

marinabrian
17th August 2013, 23:05
It is possible that Chris just wants to get his car going, rather than debate the pros and cons of the PB Maf and Synergy.

Good night.:D

I was simply pointing out it is pretty difficult to set up, even if you have the real time data in front of you.
So using trial and error must be a nightmare.

I had the misfortune of recently coming across a member who had bought a Pierburg/DIGIMAFAM set up.
What I'd like to say about that particular experience wouldn't make for a pleasant read, a bit like the totally nonsensical rubbish that passed itself off as instructions.

Let's just say, there is no substitute for using the correct part, especially if you are in a hurry to have your car running properly

So what do I recommend he does, for ease and getting his car going properly, buy the correct MAF and not prat about with a Mercedes van MAF.

Buy cheap buy twice, save nowt ;)

You can go to bed now :p:

Brian :cool: