PDA

View Full Version : Use oil extractor suction auto box?

geordie1
10th August 2013, 11:24
Hi all, I bought an oil extractor suction pump to change my engine oil and very useful it was to, is it possible to change the auto box oil the same way?

75driver
10th August 2013, 12:18
Hi all, I bought an oil extractor suction pump to change my engine oil and very useful it was to, is it possible to change the auto box oil the same way?

Sorry I can't answer this for a rover, but if you are going to try it, at the very least I would be using 'new' or dedicated hoses, to prevent cross contamination.
I know you will be removing the gear oil, but best not to take a chance.
I did use a similiar method for an e270 merc once, but to remove excess atf fluid only.
I suppose if you know roughly how much is in it, then you would have a fair idea if it has all been removed.
Perhaps better to wait for more knowledgable peeps to reply.

lovema75
10th August 2013, 12:25
In a word.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................no.:)