PDA

View Full Version : airbag light trouble

mi fla
10th August 2013, 13:44
airbag light stays on all time now two wires have been repaired under drivers side before I .bought car yellow cable sleeve with two wires these are crimp connected to two wires I crimped the connectors and light went out for a short time but not any more so I changed crimped connectors for a block connector light still on. HELP I,m on Merseyside if anyone knows a reputable garage nearby

J1MBO
10th August 2013, 14:04
Thread moved to technical forum, redirect left in old.

mi fla
10th August 2013, 14:49
I cant see how this helps

pab
10th August 2013, 15:00
AirBag wiring is very sensitive. Wires which are crimped, twisted or even added to a block connector are a temporary fix. I would suggest you get hold of the correct connections and solder the wires and add heat shrink.

Billy1mate
10th August 2013, 15:01
What you've done is usually enough to cure it, maybe there is a loose connection somewhere else.

suzublu
10th August 2013, 15:02
Passenger side :shrug:

mi fla
10th August 2013, 15:10
cheers guy s would investigate further bu t might set off airbag:o

pab
10th August 2013, 15:17
cheers guy s would investigate further bu t might set off airbag:o
Disconnect the battery, both leads for about twenty minutes before working in that area.

rathlindri
10th August 2013, 15:18
As already mentioned above, try the passenger side..worked for me...but first ensure connectios are good on drivers side

hbcmike
10th August 2013, 15:28
From memory, I think the yellow wires are the seatbelt pretensioners (but I stand to be corrected - am 3000 miles rom car at the mo). Either way, I fiddled with these wires once when had airbag problems and it cured it for a while. There is another connector under the seat that need similar attention with original connectors requiring replacement. When I did both sets of wires, both driver and passenger side, airbag warnings were cured.

I used telephone wire 'jelly' crimps for ease and protection of the join. See eBay or other suppliers. Whether this is a good idea I don't know, but no issues so far...

mi fla
10th August 2013, 16:04
just checked/ jiggled pass side hey presto light out will replace connector before mot

Girlie Swot
10th August 2013, 20:47
I've had the same bother since my velour seats were replaced with leather ones

I find a liberal spraying of WD40 in the vicinity of the yellow connector does the trick. Has to be repeated every 6 weeks or so but continues to fix the problem.