PDA

View Full Version : What is this for please?

Blackwatch
11th August 2013, 12:33
Hi folks one of my many " question " posts lol. I had popped the bonnet today as I was going to take up the slack in the throttle cable. While I was applying copious amounts of penetrating spray to the seized adjuster, I noticed this " valve " to the side of it.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/systemshock/MG%20ZT/20130811_1239391_zps5012efae.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/systemshock/media/MG%20ZT/20130811_1239391_zps5012efae.jpg.html)

Could some one let me know what it is please. If it is of any help the car is a 2001 MG ZT 190.

Thanks in advance.

dattrike
11th August 2013, 12:43
I think that for checking fuel rail pressure.

Blackwatch
11th August 2013, 12:49
Excellent,,,,using a tyre pressure gauge would I be able to see if the pressure is correct? If so what is that in PSI?

Im only asking as the other day I was driving home and came to a long uphill stretch where I wanted to over take miss Daisy, as I did it seemed to loose power a little in 3rd gear then came back. It felt as if it was being held back / under fuled.

jubbarelly
11th August 2013, 14:16
You need a T4 session to check the VIS motors are working.

Sounds to me one or both maybe faulty.

Blackwatch
11th August 2013, 14:36
You need a T4 session to check the VIS motors are working.

Sounds to me one or both maybe faulty.

Are they the infamous little switches I have heard about that work loose? Is it an expensive job?

trikey
11th August 2013, 14:47
Excellent,,,,using a tyre pressure gauge would I be able to see if the pressure is correct? If so what is that in PSI?

Im only asking as the other day I was driving home and came to a long uphill stretch where I wanted to over take miss Daisy, as I did it seemed to loose power a little in 3rd gear then came back. It felt as if it was being held back / under fuled.

Don't do that, you will fill it with fuel! You need a proper gauge, why do you want to check the pressure?

jubbarelly
11th August 2013, 14:58
Are they the infamous little switches I have heard about that work loose? Is it an expensive job?

Look at the picture below and you will see the power and balance VIS motors on the left of the inlet manifold.

If the motors inside have died or they are clogged they will need replacing / refurbished.

Stocktake is the man you need to speak to as he's the guru for these.

If the car is low on power then suddenly picks up like it's got a turbo fitted then yes I would say faulty VISs.