PDA

View Full Version : P1008 intermittant

lightningmark
11th August 2013, 22:05
Hello anybody had this fault code come up? It's manufacturer specific so have no clue as to where to check.
Problem is it flashes check engine on display sometimes every few minutes sometimes not at all and rarely does it illuminate the yellow engine sign in the display and when it does it never stays on????

stevestrat
11th August 2013, 22:27
Found this over on "the other side"! Somebody asking about the P1008 fault code several years ago:

Congratulations...

You have found the rarest error code known to man..

AutoData doesn't list the P1 codes at all..

P1001 - onwards are on the Rover secret list, so I think the only way you will get this one is if there is an ex Rover worker who accidently took a copy of the code list home one day and he is lurking around here somewhere..

As I said, that post was several years ago, almost exactly 6 years. There may be a solution around now but the post was never resolved.

lightningmark
12th August 2013, 08:46
Thanks Steve was as I suspected rare lol. I've tried battery off reset to no avail, I've recently fitted 4 new injectors and a fbh so I suspect it's probably something to do with either of those 2, going to try disconnect the troublesome k-bus wire on the fbh see if that has any effect.
Ps you should receive a boomerang today :D

US Spec
12th August 2013, 09:34
i was very surprised to not find this on a current version of autodata.
If you have it scanned by someone with a decent machine they should be able to not just give the code but also the fault. I know my snap on ethos and solus boxes both do this

chris75
12th August 2013, 09:44
Found this on t'internet ; for a Volvo it is a throttle signal low strength :shrug:
http://www.carobd2code.com/p1008-volvo-throttle-system-warning-signal-low-obdii-engine-light/

lightningmark
12th August 2013, 12:31
Found this on t'internet ; for a Volvo it is a throttle signal low strength :shrug:
http://www.carobd2code.com/p1008-volvo-throttle-system-warning-signal-low-obdii-engine-light/

Well according to Torque pro throttle signal is fine and goes up to 100% think these type of codes are very much manufacturer specific ????

stevestrat
12th August 2013, 15:46
Strange this :shrug:

It's 8 years since MGR went defunct, you'd have thought all the fault codes would be available on the net by now.

What diagnostic system was it was tied up to, if it wasn't a T4 I'd suggest trying a T4.

lightningmark
12th August 2013, 15:53
I`m hoping one of the T4 gurus might chip in with their vast knowledge but if not i`m spending a few days in Newcastle next week so a visit to Marinabrian might be in order :bowdown:

stevestrat
12th August 2013, 17:38
Brian is on holiday just now but he has been chipping in with the occasional reply. Not sure when he's back.

lightningmark
12th August 2013, 18:40
Brian is on holiday just now but he has been chipping in with the occasional reply. Not sure when he's back.

Was hoping he would be back by the 21st :)

lightningmark
12th August 2013, 20:15
Update!!!!
I've disconnected the fbh fuse and pulled both plugs to the heater and hey presto no more intermittent check lights!
So I'm guessing fault must lie within the k-bus wire but don't want to permanently disconnect the k-bus wire until I've had it confirmed by T4 :D

lightningmark
13th August 2013, 13:10
Update 2!
Spoke too soon check engine light is back today :mad:

stevestrat
13th August 2013, 13:23
Don't you just love it when the car takes the pee out of you :( Had that when doing battle with the airbag light, kept thinking I'd got rid of it only for it to reappear a few days later. Finally solved thanks to Gandalf (Brian) and his T4 pixies :D

lightningmark
13th August 2013, 19:10
Well if Gandalf the grey isn't available when I'm in newcastle then I'll have to catch big russ a few days later on my mammoth newcastle/carlisle/keswick jaunt :cool:

marinabrian
21st August 2013, 15:32
Was hoping he would be back by the 21st :)

Well he is ;)
Brian :D

lightningmark
21st August 2013, 16:08
See you shortly :D

andyg2011
21st August 2013, 17:01
See you shortly :D

Mark

Dont forget BigRuss (T4) is only 40 miles away near Halifax, west Yorkshire

m62 jct 24

lightningmark
21st August 2013, 18:06
Mark

Dont forget BigRuss (T4) is only 40 miles away near Halifax, west Yorkshire

m62 jct 24

Lol thanks andy but I'm currently with brian now working his magic. I'm staying with friends not half a mile from him ;)

andyg2011
21st August 2013, 18:17
Lol thanks andy but I'm currently with brian now working his magic. I'm staying with friends not half a mile from him ;)

super Mark

Hope the master sorts it for you :bowdown::bowdown: