PDA

View Full Version : Engine torque mount for V6

coolcat
12th August 2013, 08:59
Morning Peeps,

Without resorting to trawling through threads I wonder if someone can help;)
My car has been hard to drive smoothly through the gears of late, my garage has diagnosed that the engine torque mount has broken and needs replacing.
He has given me the price for supply and fit of the oem part but before I take the plunge I have read on here various threads (here's another now:D) about powerflex etc engine mounts.
The one I need is the torque mount which I believe is the lower engine mount and this is to fit on my Mg Zt-t 190.
The question is, is it available (and from whom) and is it better than the oem mount?

Cheers in advance:}

KWIL
12th August 2013, 09:11
There will be various opinions but I beleive the original designers got it right with some flexibility in the mount bushes rather than just a solid lump of plastic. If a solid lump would have been required they would have designed it that way:D

Paulontour
12th August 2013, 09:49
I've just fitted the polybush on mine and its fine. Just do an eBay search for "mgzt lower engine mount" and you will find new,second hand and polybush. Spoilt for choice. I don't know if the polybushes are any better than the original but will certainly last longer.

KWIL
12th August 2013, 11:52
Changed my original after 10 years which I thought was quite reasonable.

MangoMan
12th August 2013, 11:55
Fitted the Chinese Replacement from Roewe/MG for £80.00 Supplied & Fitted... A vast improvement...!!!

Dorset Bob
12th August 2013, 12:15
I went for an OEM one, as the original one lasted about 60,000 miles and was happy with that.

:smilie_re: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-KKH101385

I didn't want to compromise the refinement of the car, as there are reports of vibration with the Powerflex type.

The Chinese ones, seem to have good reports though
:smilie_re:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171010469309?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

As said, fitting one will give a vast improvement ;)

Arctic
12th August 2013, 12:36
Morning Peeps,

Without resorting to trawling through threads I wonder if someone can help;)
My car has been hard to drive smoothly through the gears of late, my garage has diagnosed that the engine torque mount has broken and needs replacing.
He has given me the price for supply and fit of the oem part but before I take the plunge I have read on here various threads (here's another now:D) about powerflex etc engine mounts.
The one I need is the torque mount which I believe is the lower engine mount and this is to fit on my Mg Zt-t 190.
The question is, is it available (and from whom) and is it better than the oem mount?

Cheers in advance:}

HI Jeff
The powerflex one for the 190 is good and had no reports of tearing its self from the teardrop like the old RED one did on the diesel one bit of advise if you do go for the powerflex is i would use the original metal centre with nylon bush instead of the metal centre they provide it just gives that extra cushion from vibration.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-MG-ZT-MG-ZT-T-ENGINE-MOUNT-BUSH-LARGE-BRAND-NEW-PFF63-609-/230929206868?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ARover%7CModel%3A75&hash=item35c4740e54#ht_2161wt_1320

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110985260929?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1886wt_1320

zero2
12th August 2013, 13:28
I've got one of the powerflex ones like in arctic's pics and its like a new car... The old one was hanging on by a thread.

coolcat
12th August 2013, 18:11
Hi everyone,
Sorry about my late reply!
Today has not been a good day:o
Anyhow, I've decided on the oem in the end as if it lasts as long as you guys are saying that will be good enough for me:bowdown:
Thanks for all your replies and suggestions, I'll let you know how the car feels when it's done:)

coolcat
16th August 2013, 18:49
Hi Guys,

Oem mount fitted and wow, that's better:D
Much easier to make smooth gear changes and at idle the car has lost the vibration it had as well:}

Dorset Bob
16th August 2013, 20:38
Hi Guys,

Oem mount fitted and wow, that's better:D
Much easier to make smooth gear changes and at idle the car has lost the vibration it had as well:}

Agreed.
What a transformation when you get a new one fitted! ;) :}:}