PDA

View Full Version : Possible meet at East Fortune in September.

Graham1961
12th August 2013, 10:01
Hi All.

I will be looking into the Museum of Flight show at East Fortune which usually takes place in September, normally about the 3rd weekend.

Would anyone be interested ?

If so i will look into getting a club stand.....:drool4:

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

Alan_G
12th August 2013, 10:08
I would like to come, dependant on dates and shifts, I am off Sunday the 22nd. If its the 21st as well might he able to get a day off.

Graham1961
12th August 2013, 10:50
I would like to come, dependant on dates and shifts, I am off Sunday the 22nd. If its the 21st as well might he able to get a day off.

Excellent Alan, the last time i was there it was a smashing show.

Hope you can make it, i will try and book a stand for us.....:)

Tam
12th August 2013, 16:55
In the year book for Sunday 22nd September and the website . Was a good show the last time we were there!:}

Yella Fella
12th August 2013, 19:01
If it's the 22nd Sept, my diary is free :) I'll be there :)

Astraeus
12th August 2013, 22:13
If it's the 22nd Sept, my diary is free :) I'll be there :)

Hi Graham

I would love to go to this. It is a fantastic museum and I am overdue a second visit!
Will put in diary.
Chris

FLYER
12th August 2013, 22:17
go on then.

it,s a great day out.:D

MASTIFF2
13th August 2013, 19:31
I'll do my best to trot along Graham .:D

Graham1961
14th August 2013, 00:06
Excellent folks, i will get onto this very soon.

It's a cracking show and i will look into getting a club stand.....great stuff.

Ravinder
19th August 2013, 03:01
RAF Leuchars Air show is on Sat 7th Sept. I think I will be going to that. Have been meaning to go for years!

AldoR
19th August 2013, 21:04
Can do 7th Sept only as on holiday the following weekend.

Astraeus
20th August 2013, 17:59
RAF Leuchars Air show is on Sat 7th Sept. I think I will be going to that. Have been meaning to go for years!

Hi

You had better go this year as it may very well be the last one!

Chris

Footnote

Motormania at Grantown is on the 1st September and Wings and Wheels at East Fortune Museum of Flight is on 22nd September

Chris

suzublu
20th August 2013, 19:03
It's a distinct possibility that i'll trundle up for this.Enjoyed the last one we were at:bowdown:Put me down as a possible Graham please.:}

Graham1961
21st August 2013, 16:47
It's a distinct possibility that i'll trundle up for this.Enjoyed the last one we were at:bowdown:Put me down as a possible Graham please.:}

Will do Ronnie...be good to see you again..:)

Brush 1
29th August 2013, 11:34
are slightly damaged cars allowed? :shrug:

Astraeus
29th August 2013, 22:06

Of course mate......

You never can predict what might happen on route!

Very few cars are perfect.

Chris

FLYER
29th August 2013, 22:10
Of course mate......

You never can predict what might happen on route!

Very few cars are perfect.

ChrisYou aint seen the state of it ....:D

Graham1961
30th August 2013, 05:09

Absolutely.....

Brush 1
30th August 2013, 17:25
You aint seen the state of it ....:D
Now now george it aint that bad if you only look at the near side lol but your rite, having been before and seen the standard of cars there from all clubs i might just head for the publib parking and keep my damaged car out way lol

Tim_Burgess
6th September 2013, 12:31
I'll try and get along to this, work permitting.

FLYER
6th September 2013, 20:21
Not going to make this sadly.

Unforseen circumstances.

Astraeus
10th September 2013, 18:11
Not going to make this sadly.

Unforseen circumstances.

I am afraid I will not be there either. Alas United's game has been moved to Sunday grrrrrrrrrrr! (I still look after the CCTV game feeds and sound system) so need to be there.

Wish they would leave our games to 3pm on a Saturday!

Perhaps we can organise an alternative date there? Would love to go again.

Chris

Alan_G
10th September 2013, 18:42
I can still make it......

Terrorfex
10th September 2013, 20:06
I am afraid I will not be there either. Alas United's game has been moved to Sunday grrrrrrrrrrr! (I still look after the CCTV game feeds and sound system) so need to be there.

Wish they would leave our games to 3pm on a Saturday!

Perhaps we can organise an alternative date there? Would love to go again.

Chris

Attending a United game by choice?

Looks like Rovers are the least of your strange obsessions. ;)

FLYER
10th September 2013, 22:13
Attending a United game by choice?

Looks like Rovers are the least of your strange obsessions. ;)

bunch of arabs if you ask me......:D

Astraeus
10th September 2013, 22:46
bunch of arabs if you ask me......:D

Ah....but my free lunch and drink make up for it! :bowdown:

Could be worse could be meeting in the phone box with the other St Johnstone supporters or down the sheep pen at the Esplanade in sheep land.......
:getmecoat:

Chief Arab and Shed boy!

Yella Fella
11th September 2013, 07:08
Hi All.

usually takes place in September, normally about the 3rd weekend.

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

Has the date for this been confirmed?

derekosb
12th September 2013, 17:15
Has the date for this been confirmed?

Sunday 22nd September

10:00 - 17:00

Details here: http://www.nms.ac.uk/our_museums/museum_of_flight/whats_on/wheels_and_wings.aspx

Called Wheels and Wings this year.

http://vimeo.com/50365897

HTH

Derek

Platemaker
12th September 2013, 18:42
I'd like to come but it isn't going to happen. Say hello to the BAC 1-11. I still remember bolting the wings back on in November a few years back!

Yella Fella
12th September 2013, 18:58
Sunday 22nd September

10:00 - 17:00

Details here: http://www.nms.ac.uk/our_museums/museum_of_flight/whats_on/wheels_and_wings.aspx

Called Wheels and Wings this year.

http://vimeo.com/50365897

HTH

Derek

Cheers Derek.

Calling Graham. Is this a goer?

Gurgle260
12th September 2013, 19:34
May come along depending on weather and commitments....although if it's nice I will probably come in the kit car as it will be it's last run of the year probably

Robert

Graham1961
14th September 2013, 06:39
Sorry for my absence, not been too well, anyway is anyone wanting to come through (will keep this thread running) if so let me know.

Alan G
Graham1961 on list so far.

Graham1961
14th September 2013, 06:44
Sorry for my absence, not been feeling to well, anyway is anyone up for coming to this next Sunday, will just keep this thread running.

Graham1961
AlanG

Graham1961
14th September 2013, 06:52
Just been on their website and it say Entries for classic car are now closed, however i will phone and ask if they can take a few more...:o

Tim_Burgess
14th September 2013, 09:10
Work permitting, I'll try and trundle over. Most likely be in the ZT though.

stevestrat
16th September 2013, 13:44
While I was up on the Isle Of Lewis I decided to put my name down for this. Reading the thread when I got back I am disappointed at what appears to be a lack of enthusiasm, two confirmed and a maybe for the only event in the south east of the Scottish region :shrug:

Yella Fella
17th September 2013, 12:51
While I was up on the Isle Of Lewis I decided to put my name down for this. Reading the thread when I got back I am disappointed at what appears to be a lack of enthusiasm, two confirmed and a maybe for the only event in the south east of the Scottish region :shrug:

Steve,
I think the Scottish Region has 'missed the boat' this year in some respects, possibly because Derek stepped down as Regional Secretary meaning forced changes in the region. We have gone from one RS to four and we are still be finding our feet, well me anyway. I reckon this is why events have not been planned as expected this year.

I think we may need to write 2013 off and start afresh in 2014. I hope we (RS's) and members can join together and have a good regional plan for 2014.

You are on the doorstep'ish for the monthy meets at the Hawes Inn so this regular meet will help us through the year. :)

Glenn

stevestrat
17th September 2013, 13:56
Glenn, I fully appreciate the region split and mayhem that caused. I'm only a few miles from Graham and have offered my assistance if needed, I spent my life in resource management and have excellent organisational and problem solving skills.

I've been trying to make the Hawes Inn for months but for various reasons I haven't managed it yet, indeed posting that I'll try to make it seems to be the kiss of death! I knew I could make East Fortune but there seems to be a lack of interest in the meet.

Tim_Burgess
17th September 2013, 16:41
I'd like to go, but being self-employed makes it difficult to commit sometimes. I did ask to be put down as a maybe, as does having a sick car ATM.

Graham1961
17th September 2013, 17:30
I will be going to East Fortune, but only as spectator, however we could try and park together and have our 'mini meet' in the car parking area.

As Glenn has said, we are finding our feet, but we will get things right....:)

Tim_Burgess
20th September 2013, 22:28
Well, as some of you may know, the ZT is currently in hospital so I won't be able to make it.

Maybe now the new RS team have their feet under the table we can get a really good calendar of events sorted for next year.