PDA

View Full Version : heated memory seats replacing manual seats ..

mgbreakerltd
12th August 2013, 10:56
just a quick question guys , i have a customer that wants to buy memory seats from me , can he just fit them into a car that has manual seats ( wiring there ? ) or does it involve replacing looms etc ?

Thx

Trevor1975
12th August 2013, 11:26
Check for a black 8 pin multiplug inder the front seats. If it isnt there then the plugs are required from the donor car and a 30A switched supply is needed for seat movement. The seats need a full range of front to back movement to unbolt from the donor car and then to refit into the new car, so the wiring is required first.

Basically all of the orange wires need to be wired to the +ve 30a source. The black wires go to earth and the yellow is a switched earth for the heated seats.

Also - the two thin wires (white / red and purple / red IIRC) on the drivers seat can also go to the switched live. One is constant live for memory and the other is to switch the drivers seat on when the door opens as far as I am aware... but the memory on mine holds OK even after the seats were disconnected from the donor car for weeks...

In the passenger side above the footwell there is a permanent Purple / red wire for the towbar. If a towbar isnt fitted this can be run to a relay via a 30a inline fuse...

Good luck.

Arctic
12th August 2013, 12:47
Drop Mischief (John) a PM he as fitted two sets of memory seats now and fitted them as they should have been from factory with the looms right to the fuse box, but as stated check for the black plug under the customers seat first to see if he/she as the wiring in place, you may also have to use the new air bag connectors depending on which the customer as in also Arctic ;)