PDA

View Full Version : Leather seats

steveallison
12th August 2013, 13:18
Could someone please advise. If close to me at Pontefract also help.

I fitted electric leather seats yesterday. All working fine. However the airbag coupling on the new (second hand seats) is much larger than the original, therefore doesn't fit, resulting in the airbag warning light being on permanently. I obviously need to rectify this asap.

This is where my plea for advise help comes in. I would really appreciate it if someone would be kind enough to help.

Cheers

Steve

Duotone
12th August 2013, 13:33
Could someone please advise. If close to me at Pontefract also help.

I fitted electric leather seats yesterday. All working fine. However the airbag coupling on the new (second hand seats) is much larger than the original, therefore doesn't fit, resulting in the airbag warning light being on permanently. I obviously need to rectify this asap.

This is where my plea for advise help comes in. I would really appreciate it if someone would be kind enough to help.

Cheers

Steve

You have two choices.

Try and get the correct plugs and change seat plug or the car loom plug.

Or, do what quite a few members have done and cut off the plugs and solder the wires, insulate with shrink wrap or tape.
Disconnect the battery for half an hour before soldering wires. Due to airbags.

Dave T

steveallison
12th August 2013, 13:44
Cheers Dave,

I think due to my lack of technical skills and confidence if that's the right word, If someone could possibly go out of there way to assist doing this I would travel to them and also pay if required.

Thanks again

Steve

Chilljohn
14th August 2013, 19:21
you have a pm sir

Mischief
15th August 2013, 09:01
Cut the plug off your old seat and solder it onto the new seat ;)

John

steveallison
15th August 2013, 15:49
Thanks for the advise John

Steve

John

Mischief
15th August 2013, 16:23
Thanks for the advise John

Steve

If you were closer I would do it for you :D

John

Dragrad
17th August 2013, 00:13
Thread moved to appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old.

Arctic
17th August 2013, 00:49
Cheers Dave,

I think due to my lack of technical skills and confidence if that's the right word, If someone could possibly go out of there way to assist doing this I would travel to them and also pay if required.

Thanks again

Steve

John

Hi Steve.
You can always crimp then and then fit belt and braces we had to do some not long back on Julians car when he changed his seats, i am not a fan of cutting the plugs of and soldering the wires together because you may have to get the seat out again sometime, my opinion only Arctic ;)

lexey5900
17th August 2013, 01:58
pop to moorends near thorne and i will help you obviously dont want anything for helping because thats what we are here for to help and assist :D

Nige B
23rd August 2013, 16:11
pop to moorends near thorne and i will help you obviously dont want anything for helping because thats what we are here for to help and assist :D
Hello helpful friend....what are you like with powerfolds ??