PDA

View Full Version : alarm fault

phil1960
12th August 2013, 17:51
hi recently acquired this car no key fob. has been ok until now unlocked driver door got something off back seat didnt put key in ignition alarm sounded tried all things to silence, key in ignition, start car, relock and unlock doors,, and start and stop engine, can drive car but have big red bell on dash to show alarm has been triggered auto lock come on 30 seconds after starting car will only unlock with key or from handle inside. boot will not open and pressing boot switch makes alarm sound is there a way to reset alarm without keyfob just with key i do know that i need new key programmed to car but dont have the time or money at the moment.

ps any one know closest place to stevenage herts where i can get a new key with fob

thank you
all help appreciated

phil1960
12th August 2013, 18:00
sorry car is 04 cdti contemporary connoisseur

chipsceola
12th August 2013, 18:03
Key fob has a transponder inside case, unique to your car, only possible source for a new one complete is a BMW dealership, to order and ultra expensive, or see member marinabrian on here.

MrDoodles
12th August 2013, 19:16
Key fob has a transponder inside case, unique to your car, only possible source for a new one complete is a BMW dealership, to order and ultra expensive, or see member marinabrian on here.

I have to ask, why on earth would you go to a BMW Dealership? :shrug:

Genuine new keys are available through either Rimmers http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-CWD000060 or X Part Dealers! :)

However, I think that Marinabrian (and some of the other T4 owners) can supply and code them to your car a lot cheaper! ;)

Mike Noc
12th August 2013, 19:26
hi recently acquired this car no key fob. has been ok until now

Phil if you have been driving the car then it must have a fob with a chip in it. Do you mean the remote locking isn't working? The two functions are independent of each other.

Trophy Blue Tourer
12th August 2013, 19:33
ps any one know closest place to stevenage herts where i can get a new key with fob

thank you
all help appreciated

Yes! contact PhilT4 who lives in Olney near Newport Pagnell !! he's the nearest T4 guru to you - in fact the guy who broke most of the codes to enable our T4 experts to do so much!!

He will be able to sort out you key problems!! Personally I would make sure I had a spare as well!!

P.M me for his mobile!!

HTH?

Andy

chipsceola
12th August 2013, 20:13
I have to ask, why on earth would you go to a BMW Dealership? :shrug:

Genuine new keys are available through either Rimmers http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-CWD000060 or X Part Dealers! :)

However, I think that Marinabrian (and some of the other T4 owners) can supply and code them to your car a lot cheaper! ;)

Sorry wasn't aware Rimmer Bros had them, but, same applies, cost is horrendous so solution has to be Marinabrian or the other leading T4 guys are a much better bet.

And here's the link (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=95585&highlight=replacement+keys)

phil1960
12th August 2013, 22:17
key is a spare it is solid no buttons should disarm alarm when put in ignition this time it will not thanks anyway

phil1960
12th August 2013, 22:23
thanks for the link will try to get hold of him asap thanks for help