PDA

View Full Version : MG ZT-T Bonnet open warning

Cavyman130
13th August 2013, 08:38
Ok when I got my ZT-T 190 the bonnet open warning would flash up everytime I hit 70mph, a quick search on here gave me a solution and it hasn't been on again.

until lately, after being out in a heavy downpour of rain the bonnet open warning flashes on all the time now, I have added an additional clip if you like to make sure the catch on the sensor is pushed down correctly (this is what solved it last time) but no joy, its becoming rather annoying as I cant arm the car without the alarm going off every few minutes.

any advice?

Mike Noc
13th August 2013, 08:46
Sounds like a damp switch. Take it out, clean and check the contacts, spray it with WD40 and check the condition of the rubber cover.

To lock the car in the meantime you can leave the passenger door open and push down on all the door buttons then close the passenger door.

carguy143
13th August 2013, 08:48
Ok when I got my ZT-T 190 the bonnet open warning would flash up everytime I hit 70mph, a quick search on here gave me a solution and it hasn't been on again.

until lately, after being out in a heavy downpour of rain the bonnet open warning flashes on all the time now, I have added an additional clip if you like to make sure the catch on the sensor is pushed down correctly (this is what solved it last time) but no joy, its becoming rather annoying as I cant arm the car without the alarm going off every few minutes.

any advice?

Your switch will be wet inside.

Remove the switch, carefully remove the rubber from the top and soak the whole thing in WD40. You'll need something thin, like two old credit cards to slide under the sides of the switch to release the tabs.

Rik.

Cavyman130
13th August 2013, 10:56
Thanks for the help guys, going to go do that now