PDA

View Full Version : Illuminated Sunvisor Retro Fit

DaveyC
14th August 2013, 08:00
I am considering retro fitting illuminated sun visors to my ZT.

My question is, will the power wires need running somewhere, or will the plugs be there for a plug and play fit?

Also, if the plugs are there, is the power wire a permanent live or is it dependent on the ignition? (I have a potential project for the driver's side :D)

Thanks,

Dave

ceedy
14th August 2013, 08:06
Dave,
there will be long cables with plugs for these already in the car, they are usually wound into a small bundle low down on each side under the dash.

I think behind the plastic side panels on the near side ( prpbably need to take out the glove box ) and in and around the security EWS unit on the drivers side .. it does mean pulling off some panels ..

Did this on my ZT a few months back .. pretty easy ..

Think ( brain gone off :D ) the wires are purple and black ??

the power seems to be connected with the interior light. as you seem to be able to switch then on and off

Chris

ady
14th August 2013, 08:09
This mybe of some help :smilie_re:http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=61165&highlight=sun+visor

DaveyC
14th August 2013, 08:20
This mybe of some help :smilie_re:http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=61165&highlight=sun+visor

Thanks for that. Its a good "how to". Its not the illumination I am after but now I know where I will need to run the wires for my project.

Just go to see if I can get it all to fit where the lights and mirror goes on the visor, once I get hold of the visor(s). :D

Cheers,

Dave

suffolk boy
14th August 2013, 08:44
the wire will already be there.the best way to aviod extending them is to un/ bolt the end of the dash.it is only one bolt in the under under a cap.then tape the wire to a feed wire and poke it up towards the A pillar.as for the top bit by the visor.i have seen a lot of folksrun the wire out /side the roof panel and double back the plugwiring in the visor hole.dont do it you run the risk of putting a fixing screw thro the visor wiring.above the hole for the visor pivot there is another hole to poke the loom thro.just as rover intended.oh and when you have done all this and find they do not work.thats because rover the tight sods do not fit a fuse for items not fitted at the factory:}

DaveyC
14th August 2013, 08:47
Cheers Suffolkboy. Which fuse needs fitting in the fuse box :D

Dave

suffolk boy
14th August 2013, 08:49
cannot remember now it was four years ago i fitted mine it is listed in the handbook

DaveyC
14th August 2013, 08:53
cannot remember now it was four years ago i fitted mine it is listed in the handbook

I just need a switched live feed really. The lights and gubbins in the visor will get junked when I can fabricate a suitable mount for my project. :D