PDA

View Full Version : Rear Mini Radiator

kevthegerbil
14th August 2013, 18:48
Can anyone tell me what looks like a Mini Radiator does on my CDTI , Its situated right hand side looking at rear of car next to Petrol Tank ?

philfatkid
14th August 2013, 18:50
Can anyone tell me what looks like a Mini Radiator does on my CDTI , Its situated right hand side looking at rear of car next to Petrol Tank ?

It's the fuel return cooler.

rizla
14th August 2013, 18:53
it cools the fuel:D

Mike Noc
14th August 2013, 19:36

Kev mate best not call it a petrol tank or you might forget you have a CDT one day and put petrol in it. :getmecoat:

lovema75
15th August 2013, 06:34
I'm afraid I deplore the constant complication of things these days, and wonder why on earth it necessary to cool the return fuel, when we managed fine without it since the 1930's.

Oh hang on, it's not even 7 in the morning, that's why I'm feeling mendacious. Where is my coffee and bacon roll?:(

Mike Noc
15th August 2013, 07:34
Ha ha - it's a bit more complicated than just cooling the fuel. :getmecoat:

The system is designed to get the fuel up to a set temperature of around 76C and then keep it there.

When cold the fuel doesn't return to the tank but goes around the circuit again to the UBP with the losses used by the HP pump being replaced by the ITP.