PDA

View Full Version : Tourer Models - No Rear Pretensioners - Why

Lovel
14th August 2013, 20:43
Does anyone know why the Tourer models do not have rear pretensioners enabled ?

BigRuss
14th August 2013, 21:53
Does anyone know why the Tourer models do not have rear pretensioners enabled ?

As I'm sure you're aware Gary the rear pre-tensioners are located in the seat belt reel, on the saloon the belt reels are bolted to the rear shelf and the wiring secured, in the Tourer the reels are in the seat backs which fold.

The wiring to them would be prone to damage so is probably why pre-tensioners aren't fitted to Tourers ;)

There isn't many Saloons that have them fitted Early cars and mainly High spec models ;)

Russ

Lovel
5th September 2013, 19:28
As I'm sure you're aware Gary the rear pre-tensioners are located in the seat belt reel, on the saloon the belt reels are bolted to the rear shelf and the wiring secured, in the Tourer the reels are in the seat backs which fold.

The wiring to them would be prone to damage so is probably why pre-tensioners aren't fitted to Tourers ;)

There isn't many Saloons that have them fitted Early cars and mainly High spec models ;)

Russ

Russ,

I just realised that I have been completely of on another tangent on this one. :D

For some reason I had convinced myself that the pretensioners referred to were in the front seatbelts, not thinking there were tensioners in rear seats too, so just realised my mistake, DOH:getmecoat:

Gary.