PDA

View Full Version : Clutch advice needed!!

Iggy75
15th August 2013, 12:56
I'm having clutch problems with my CDT.

Two weeks ago the clutch pedal went straight to the floor, apparently the master cylinder had a leak, so had it replaced at the local garage.

Two weeks on and the pedal goes to the floor again. Take it back but this time it seems the slave cylinder is at fault (which I'm told was what probably caused the first problem two weeks ago, even though the master did need replacing).

Now, the clutch and dual mass flywheel where only replaced on this car two years ago and it's only done about 25K miles since.

So, my question is: do I really need to have the clutch and flywheel replaced when I get the slave cylinder done?

The garage say the labour costs would be the same either way but I could really do without the extra parts expense, especially as the labour bill will be so high.

Any advice would be most gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance :}

Mike Noc
15th August 2013, 13:17
As you are paying for the work to be done, for the cost of it probably worth replacing the clutch plate.

The DMF should be fine with only 25k miles under its belt, but you can get the garage to check the freeplay.

Better still measure the front wheel play before they do the job and let us know what it is and how much free play the garage find.

All explained here:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=155554