PDA

View Full Version : Breaker Cars.

Saga Lout
15th August 2013, 13:17
All of these cars are currently being broken by G+E Car breakers. They are in St Helens area and the phone number is 01744 730088. The prices for stuff are really good, a good door will set you back about £30/35. If you're missing stuff give them a call. There's more than these in the yard and there's also some 800 series and other models. It's a real scrapyard like we used to frequent long ago.
Regards.

DerekS
15th August 2013, 16:10
Thanks for the information.. I suppose .
Scrapyards are always a depressing sight, but when its full of 75 's, even worse .:(

Urban Tiger
15th August 2013, 16:39
Not as depressing as Rimmers' price list.

TriumphStag
15th August 2013, 16:47
Those tourer rear lights are worth having

BernieM
15th August 2013, 17:01
Just what I was thinking!! - it's even the same colour as my Tourer!!

carlpenn
15th August 2013, 17:11
Not as depressing as Rimmers' price list.

:rofl: I like that.

trikey
15th August 2013, 17:13
Anyone local to grab me the tourer towbar?

Saga Lout
15th August 2013, 18:02
The Silver W reg is an estate too, I put the rear picture of the Red estate on because it had the towbar. The yard is very reasonable and if anyone wants me to remove things I will, I'm hoping to be at the September meet and I can bring stuff up. Let me know.

stevenicks
15th August 2013, 21:17
A sad day for 75s.

AURORA MG
15th August 2013, 22:13
The Silver W reg is an estate too, I put the rear picture of the Red estate on because it had the towbar. The yard is very reasonable and if anyone wants me to remove things I will, I'm hoping to be at the September meet and I can bring stuff up. Let me know.

That is very odd as the Tourer wasn't released until July 2001.

What a shame it's not even as if these cars look like they have beebn involved in an accident. The Copperleaf Tourer is probably there because of the cost of the belts. :( :mad:

Howie666
15th August 2013, 22:54
Please could you find out how much the chrome bullets are? I really only need the covers but I can't see them selling those separately, and there is always the risk of breaking the lugs (if they aren't already broken!)
Many thanks.
:)

hobgoblin
16th August 2013, 06:17
Please could you find out how much the chrome bullets are? I really only need the covers but I can't see them selling those separately, and there is always the risk of breaking the lugs (if they aren't already broken!)
Many thanks.
:)
The nr side ones busted i was in there last week:(

trikey
16th August 2013, 06:19

Towbar please :)

Saga Lout
16th August 2013, 06:43
A visit to Manchester this morning and then I'll be going back to the yard, I'll keep you all posted.

nebrog23
16th August 2013, 07:15
Will you have look if any of the original back box straps are in usable condition. Not too far for me

kdowson
16th August 2013, 07:22
A FBH dosing pump would be much appreciated. Would need posting though.
Any help appreciated.

championdaddy
16th August 2013, 09:49
The rear lights for the tourer if they are any good please......trouble is.....my budget does go to much.

Saga Lout
17th August 2013, 10:37
I got the Chrome Bullets, the nearside has half of one clip missing and a scratch on the rear, the offside is fine, a good polish will sort them.

Saga Lout
17th August 2013, 10:38
If the straps you refer to are the mounting ones in metal, there was at least one good one there.

Saga Lout
17th August 2013, 10:39
The yard didn't know if any of the pumps were servicable but, that's not an area I can tell you about as yet. I'll keep looking for you.

Saga Lout
17th August 2013, 10:43
I got the Towbar and the wiring, the second rear plug socket has been cut off at some point but the wires remain. I cut beyond the Scotchlocks to leave the wiring code for simplicity of fitting to another car. It's a hefty thing for sure and you're very welcome to fitting it. I'll bring it to the meet for you.

Saga Lout
17th August 2013, 10:44
The lights from the Red one have gone on Ebay but there's another set in there that I couldn't get to as the car is against a fence. I'll try to get it moved in the new week.

championdaddy
17th August 2013, 11:11
The lights from the Red one have gone on Ebay but there's another set in there that I couldn't get to as the car is against a fence. I'll try to get it moved in the new week.

Thank you buddy :D

Howie666
17th August 2013, 20:47
Thanks for getting the mirrors. How much are they please? With me being in Preston and you being in Wigan I'm sure we can arrange something beneficial :D

trikey
18th August 2013, 07:08
I got the Towbar and the wiring, the second rear plug socket has been cut off at some point but the wires remain. I cut beyond the Scotchlocks to leave the wiring code for simplicity of fitting to another car. It's a hefty thing for sure and you're very welcome to fitting it. I'll bring it to the meet for you.

Superb..

Well done that man :bowdown::bowdown:

throwback
21st August 2013, 14:41
is that the place in haydock?

not been there for ages. i could have done with those rear lights aswell.
i'll have to go down one day see whats left.:D

championdaddy
21st August 2013, 15:00
Any news on the lights please ????