PDA

View Full Version : Bulkhead drain pipe.

Wildcat45
15th August 2013, 17:03
Hi, I am not sure what it is called.

Under the bonnet on the drivers side bulkhead, there is a hole for draining. This should have a rubber hose in it. The hole on the other side has.

I am getting a bit of water in the footwell, and the man at the garage showed my whats missing when he changed the pollen filter.

I have tried Ebay, but don't know what the bit I need is called.

Can anyone help me, or point me towards somewhere I can get the bit please.

Thanks, Dan.

trikey
15th August 2013, 17:24
Hi, I am not sure what it is called.

Under the bonnet on the drivers side bulkhead, there is a hole for draining. This should have a rubber hose in it. The hole on the other side has.

I am getting a bit of water in the footwell, and the man at the garage showed my whats missing when he changed the pollen filter.

I have tried Ebay, but don't know what the bit I need is called.

Can anyone help me, or point me towards somewhere I can get the bit please.

Thanks, Dan.

Send mofo a PM, he has some :)

T-Cut
15th August 2013, 17:38
I guess you're talking about the upper plenum/wing drains near the bonnet hinges. There was originally a drain tube in both wing drains, but the driver side one was replaced by a bung during Project Drive. Basically, that drain doesn't do anything because it's higher than the water flow. Anyway, in later models, there's just a solid grommet. I'd suggest simply fitting a grommet, which any motoring outlet will stock. Just measure the hole for the size. Fitting a drain tube doesn't serve much purpose though some would argue it allows flooding rain and hose water through.

The important drain is in the plenum floor beneath the pollen filter. That must be kept clear at all times. Maybe the wet floor is due to a blockage in the lower drains. A flooded plenum can easily overflow into the passenger floor via the pollen filter hatch.

TC

Wildcat45
15th August 2013, 18:58
Cheers for that. So I can just bung the hole up with gaffer tape as a temp fix?

I guess if the garage did the filter they'd have checked all is Ok below. They seem like sorted blokes having looked after and learnt to understand my succession of previous Fs and TFs.

Dan

chipsceola
15th August 2013, 19:18
Cheers for that. So I can just bung the hole up with gaffer tape as a temp fix?

I guess if the garage did the filter they'd have checked all is Ok below. They seem like sorted blokes having looked after and learnt to understand my succession of previous Fs and TFs.

Dan

Unless they regularly service 75/ZT I wouldn't bank on it, and if they haven't a whole of problems could await. Either check they did by asking, or do it yourself to be 100& sure.

See this thread Plenum Check, the reason why (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=125864&highlight=plenums)!

Wildcat45
15th August 2013, 20:13
Thanks for that. Dan.