PDA

View Full Version : Tourer rear dampers

RUSSELLO
18th August 2013, 02:16
Hi all, I have two problems concerning me on my Diesel Auto Tourer.
Are the rear shock absorbers the same as the saloon, if not where can I source some?
I recently had an oil change and the service indicator set to Zero, since then the Clock and Sat Nav have both ceased functioning?
Oh and there's a third thing the small screen for Fuel consumption, 2nd trip, Av speed etc is gradually deteriorating can I source one?
:)

puggy
18th August 2013, 06:42
No they are different to a saloon lift your rear seat base it a pain to do but there is a label there with the correct part no I used rimmer brothers a couple of months ago for my old tourer good prices and the guy knew what he was talking about very quickly delivered

Ps if your are mechanically minded it's a 10 minute job per side but takes a couple of hours to strip out the rear trim to get at the bolts also suggest loctite for bottom bolts don't want them coming loose.

roverrattles
18th August 2013, 09:12
The issue with the clock and Sat nav is probably just the fuse. Whoever reset the service indicator has done it using the paperclip method and has accidently touched the wrong pin.

Billy1mate
18th August 2013, 09:23
Euro car parts (ECP) sell rear shocks at £170 each, Rimmers sell something similar.
I have just replaced my ZTT rear shocks with 2 BMW E46 rear shocks but they are NOT a straight swap. You'll need Rover/ZT top mounts, E46 are different and the lower bush needs to be opened out to accept the ZTT lower shock mount bolt, BMW is 12mm diameter, ZTT are 14mm diameter, the bump stop and dust cover are E46. The shocks I fitted are Sachs Sport Touring, £30-50 each top mounts £28 each. I have not driven mine in anger yet but they seem ok so far.

beinet1
19th August 2013, 06:14
Be aware that you might have self-leveling shockers without ever knowing it.... (been there...) These shockers are not available any more (as far as I know) and are fitted together with different springs than the standard shockers. That means if you need to convert from self-leveling to standard shockers, you need to replace the springs also.

RUSSELLO
19th August 2013, 06:35
Thanks everyone for the advice. much appreciated!:)