PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Cleaning Products

JustinF80
11th February 2008, 20:22
Hi All,

Any recommedations for exterior cleaning products (wax, polish ect)??

My new baby is to nice to shove through the local ARC wash!:luvya:

Justin

wicksy_64
11th February 2008, 20:24
Have a look in the valeting forum.The mods will probably move this thread there shortly.
Plenty of advice there.

Dave***t
11th February 2008, 20:48
Don't know whether you're starting from fairy liquid and a sponge or whether you're a bit more in the know, but...

The most basic tips would be - 2 buckets (one for wash solution, other for rinsing your mit before putting back in wash solution), NO SPONGE - use a microfibre or sheepskin wash mit instead. Some kind of waffle weave drying towel. Plenty of microfibre cloths for polish application/removal etc. All readily available from car shops etc.

A good, easy to find polish is Autoglym Super Resin Polish (aka SRP) to get a good shine.

Then for wax, it depends how serious you want to get, but I recommend Pete's 53 wax, available from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk and other similar places. But even something like Meguiars step 3 from Halfords will help protect & enhance the shine.

But of all these things, the most important one of all is ditch the sponge!

nick nick
11th February 2008, 21:18
Hi All,

Any recommedations for exterior cleaning products (wax, polish ect)??

My new baby is to nice to shove through the local ARC wash!:luvya:

Justin

Like autoglym meguires do an excelant range .After a good wash use
the 3 step system 1 use the paint cleaner this gets right into the
paint and gets rid of all those nasty swerl marks 2 apply the polish
3 the wax then stand back and admire.
cheers
NICK NICK
:driving:

JustinF80
11th February 2008, 21:27
Thanks for the advice everyone,

Current starting point is shoving the (company) car through the car wash, this has left circular brush marks on the paint work and i did'nt want this to happen on my new car.

Justin

JohnDotCom
11th February 2008, 21:44
Thanks Russ.
Thread Moved for better coverage. :D

empsburna
11th February 2008, 21:59
Thanks for the advice everyone,

Current starting point is shoving the (company) car through the car wash, this has left circular brush marks on the paint work and i did'nt want this to happen on my new car.

Justin
ah, good old swirl 'o' matics...

A good quality wash mitt (like a schmitt (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-amp-drying/wash-shmitt-white/yellow/prod_302.html)) and some good quality shampoo will get you started.