PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Dinner meet

AldoR
12th September 2013, 21:44
Any further thoughts on the club organising Christmas dinner? as if we want to do this maybe best to look at a location :} soon and start getting names.

FrazzleTC
13th September 2013, 15:16
I reckon a club Christmas dinner sounds like a terrific idea. Somewhere around the central belt is likely to be most popular. Anyone got some good suggestions as to pubs/restaurants for the meal?

Astraeus
13th September 2013, 16:31
I reckon a club Christmas dinner sounds like a terrific idea. Somewhere around the central belt is likely to be most popular. Anyone got some good suggestions as to pubs/restaurants for the meal?

Hi

I am in favour of that! Not sure of eating places around there. Got to be somewhere good and reasonably priced. Think you would need to take small deposit too at that time of year.

Chris

chiboy24659
13th September 2013, 17:35
The Outside inn in Larbert do a great Xmas dinner and just off m876 and not far from m9

Graham1961
14th September 2013, 06:54
I would be interested in this, central belt would be ideal.

chiboy24659
23rd September 2013, 15:58
Any news on this ?:shrug:

AldoR
23rd September 2013, 17:40
Would be best for us all to act on this soon:}if we are going to put something together.

Astraeus
23rd September 2013, 19:08
Would be best for us all to act on this soon:}if we are going to put something together.

Hi

Will have to leave this to others as I have no idea about eating places in central belt. Will go though.

Chris

FLYER
23rd September 2013, 20:39
Hi

Will have to leave this to others as I have no idea about eating places in central belt. Will go though.

ChrisGrubber.........:D:D:D

Thomas
23rd September 2013, 21:03
The Outside inn in Larbert do a great Xmas dinner and just off m876 and not far from m9

Agree with that, excellent place! car park can be tight however I happen to work a stones throw from the outside inn so can advise you guys where to park ;)

Astraeus
23rd September 2013, 21:14
Agree with that, excellent place! car park can be tight however I happen to work a stones throw from the outside inn so can advise you guys where to park ;)

Hi

Perhaps we can discuss where to go on Friday at Queensferry and then organise numbers and booking?

Chris

buzzardjohn
24th September 2013, 09:46
hi chris wont be at queensferry on friday going to blackpool for weekend if you could organise dates for xmas night out will know better if we can come along thanks john

chiboy24659
26th September 2013, 23:49

Just use the hotel car park loads of room there :shrug:

Thomas
27th September 2013, 20:12
Just use the hotel car park loads of room there :shrug:

Check the signs out on the lamp posts ;)

few of my work collegues have been done for parking in there.

FLYER
28th September 2013, 07:29
Further news on the xmas nosh up is expected soon i do believe...:D

windrush
28th September 2013, 07:39

And if there is any Bacon on the menu make sure that you are not last in the queue:D:D:D

Yella Fella
28th September 2013, 09:30

I've tried calling the Riverside Inn (Callander) a couple of times but not getting an answer. Maybe a bit early for them. I'll keep trying. As Aldo says the food reviews are very good on Tripadviser. It looks like they are not a hotel, a pub really, so if anyone is considering staying overnight, they will need to have a look at hotels in Callander.

I've had a look at the diary. The Helensburgh Winter Festival is on Sun 1st Dec (TBC), so im thinking the Festive dinner should be Sat 14th Dec 7.00pm? :shrug:

Gurgle260
28th September 2013, 20:07
The Outside Inn in Larbert would certainly be handy for me....2 minutes along the road ...wouldn't need the car :D:D

Yella Fella
29th September 2013, 08:20
I got to speak to someone at the Riverside Inn but the manager wasnt in and he/she needs to call me back. I waiting on the return call.

Astraeus
29th September 2013, 13:23
I got to speak to someone at the Riverside Inn but the manager wasnt in and he/she needs to call me back. I waiting on the return call.

Well done. Will wait on developments.

Chris:D

Yella Fella
30th September 2013, 16:18
No return call from the Riverside Inn. I called again today, same response, manager will need to call me back :shrug:

I've emailed them. Awaiting a reply, again.

FLYER
30th September 2013, 21:48
No return call from the Riverside Inn. I called again today, same response, manager will need to call me back :shrug:

I've emailed them. Awaiting a reply, again.playing hard to get eh ???????:D

Yella Fella
1st October 2013, 11:26
playing hard to get eh ???????:D

No repy via email either :shrug: I'll give them another day or so to reply but I suspect we'll need to find somewhere else.

FLYER
1st October 2013, 18:57
No repy via email either :shrug: I'll give them another day or so to reply but I suspect we'll need to find somewhere else.Have to agree , this lack of contact does,nt bode well.:(

FrazzleTC
1st October 2013, 19:22
Sorry to hear that they've not replied. Either they're booked-up, or just terribly inefficient! Pity, but hopefully we can find somewhere equally good!

AldoR
1st October 2013, 19:28
No repy via email either :shrug: I'll give them another day or so to reply but I suspect we'll need to find somewhere else.

Glen, Members, I was over at Callander to collect the car and pop in at the Riverside Inn as Glen has been trying to get hold of the manager. I spoke to a member of staff by the name of Sophie who was very apologetic and explained that the Inn has just been bought over last week and that the manager is full on with stuff Sophie has reassured us that he will contact Glen tomorrow and that Glen had been in contact with them regarding the night out so going on there polite approach would it be fair to wait.:)

FrazzleTC
1st October 2013, 19:54
Excellent work, Aldo! Hope the V8 is all sorted!

FLYER
1st October 2013, 19:58
Glen, Members, I was over at Callander to collect the car and pop in at the Riverside Inn as Glen has been trying to get hold of the manager. I spoke to a member of staff by the name of Sophie who was very apologetic and explained that the Inn has just been bought over last week and that the manager is full on with stuff Sophie has reassured us that he will contact Glen tomorrow and that Glen had been in contact with them regarding the night out so going on there polite approach would it be fair to wait.:)Good stuff .....:D

AldoR
1st October 2013, 20:21
Excellent work, Aldo! Hope the V8 is all sorted!

Fraser, George, thanks, well the drive back on over the back road was positively responsive so please I am still got the traction control light on though but am not going there as it's to expensive to replace full time let alone at this time and the season is almost over besides Alison would through me out I've been warned mate.:(:}

Yella Fella
2nd October 2013, 19:40
Thanks to Aldo I've heard back from the Riverside Inn via voicemail. I'll call them back tomorrow.

AldoR
2nd October 2013, 20:38
Thanks to Aldo I've heard back from the Riverside Inn via voicemail. I'll call them back tomorrow.
No problem Glen, were all part of the same team its been said before thats what makes this club so good we all chip in to help:}

Yella Fella
18th October 2013, 18:03
OK, after an email, two voicemail messages and a text to the manager, I'm not getting a response from the manager so I give up :mad:. There may be a reason for this, but unless he tells me, I suspect he doesnt want our business so it's a no goer with the Riverside Inn.

If anyone else wishes to organise something, please feel free. :mad:

AldoR
18th October 2013, 18:34
So lets get our thinking caps on:eek:

FLYER
25th October 2013, 23:03
Well folks due to the shortness of time i suggested at this months Hawes meet that we have the Xmas dinner and the 29th of november meet as one event , i,m sure Graham will post something up about it .

We booked a table for 20 provisionally.