PDA

View Full Version : Helensburgh Winter Festival TBC

Yella Fella
16th September 2013, 12:44
Hi folks,

this is just a heads up and to pencil this date in your diary!

As you know the Scottish Region has attended Loch Lomond Shores over the past few years around late November / early December and this has been a great sucess with 20 - 30 cars at times with cars from different regions attending (thanks to the hard work from Derek).

It's been suggested we need somewhere new to go so the Helensburgh Winter Festival 2013 was suggested. Tim Burgess and I attended the Steering Group meeting last week with Argyll and Bute Council. The organisers were very engaging and welcoming for us to display our cars at this event. :)

http://www.helensburghwinterfestival.co.uk/hwf18/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_4594.jpg

Pics and information from the 2012 event . . .
http://www.helensburghwinterfestival.co.uk/hwf18/

There are still some details to sort out so I cant comfirm anything just yet but these are the details so far;

DATE; Sunday 1st December 2013.
TIME; Cars will need to be in the area for 1200 noon.
LOCATION; http://goo.gl/maps/vhMVt
Helensburgh Pier Car Park or other area. We will be able to park together and have a 'display' for the public to view our cars.

Once the final detais are sorted I'll create a thread and start a list of names.

Merry Christmas :D

FLYER
16th September 2013, 21:31
Mr And Mrs Flyer will attend.:D

Simondi
16th September 2013, 21:58
My daughter may be singing at the Albert Hall that day, if not I'll be there

FLYING BANANA
17th September 2013, 07:10
I may just pop along for this. once confirmed I'll book a hotel. Come up for a week, been promising for sometime to visit. It will be the Yellow one that makes the trip.

Graham1961
17th September 2013, 19:04
If i'm off that day, i will be along.

Alan_G
17th September 2013, 20:33
I am off that day, but not sure if MG3's will be welcome....... :getmecoat:

AldoR
23rd September 2013, 12:56
And you can add us to the list the more the merrier :)

buzzardjohn
24th September 2013, 09:51
add us to the list as well please

Gurgle260
28th September 2013, 20:09
Alan ,the MG3 would be more welcome than an MG Metro :}

FrazzleTC
28th September 2013, 21:15
I'll be there, uni permitting!

FLYING BANANA
30th September 2013, 21:57
Anymore news on this meet?

Yella Fella
1st October 2013, 11:25

Bob,

No news yet.

I'm confident this will happen because the organisers were very keen to have us. There are a few details to sort out with the chap from the roads/parking dept at the local council. If I don't hear anything by next Monday I'll telephone the chap.

Glenn

FLYING BANANA
3rd October 2013, 21:08
Ok thank you.

Simondi
3rd October 2013, 21:29
SWMBO & Hannah are going to London, Ben & I are hopefully going to Helensbourgh:D

Yella Fella
7th October 2013, 11:30

Im told the steering committee are meeting again this week and we will hear from them at the end of this week.

The original thought of us having space at the peir has now shifted to us having space on the original site of Colquhoun Square.