PDA

View Full Version : October halfway house meet

FLYING BANANA
1st October 2013, 08:01
38th HALFWAY HOUSE MEET WILL BE ON SUNDAY THE 20th OCTOBER

Meet starts at Noon till whenever

Sponsored by MJS Auto & Marine
http://www.mjsautoandmarine.co.uk/

FUTURE DATES 17th November and 15th December for Halfway House.

CHRISTMAS DINNER will be on the Saturday 7th December at The Garrison in Shoeburyness.. £14.95 per person. Partners welcome. Once we have the menu's we will take names. Anyone that wants to go to the Xmas dinner then please PM me.

Welcome to MG-ROVER-South East,we have been doing this event for around three years and have steadily built it into the biggest regular MG-Rover South East meet,there have been some changes of venue along the way, but at Brentwood it has worked best and continues to be the regular meet venue.

We meet up around the 3rd Sunday of the Month,but sometimes due to other popular events this is changed by a week either side.The Halfway House in Brentwood,has easy access from the M25/A127 to Southend,it has a large car park of which we use the back near the play area,serves meals and drinks and has all the facilities we could use

ABOUT THE MEET
We arrive as the designated time which is about Noon so that we can make a day of it and avoid the dark nights that we get in the winter months.

After looking at Members Cars we take a few pics and weather permiting we stay outside to greet anyone who has yet to arrive, were not hard to find as we all park together in the Venue Car Park,
the current Meet Rep is Bob Burgess in a Sunspot Yellow ZT, or a Mirage Blue 260SE, so keep an eye out.These Meets are Family Friendly and we welcome anyone to participate.

There are a good handful of us from all over the London, Kent and Essex areas but we gladly welcome more, if you know any other Members on other forums near the Meet or Friends who own an MG-ROVER
then SPREAD THE WORD and post up Topics on your respective owners Club Web-sites.

We have a few basic rules for the Meet, this is to make sure we Represent the club in a responsible manner

1. NO ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR
2. NO WHEEL SPINS
3. NO BURN-OUTS
4. NO DOUGHNUTS
5. NO DANGEROUS MANUVERS (Handbreak turns etc)
6. NO BLASTING SOUND SYSTEMS
7. DRINK RESPONSIBLY

Disclaimer,please read

ANY BREECH THESE RULES AND YOU WILL EJECTED FROM THE MEET AND BANNED FROM FUTURE MEETS

MEETING DETAILS

The best way to come is exiting the M25 at Juncton 29 and taking the A127 as The Halfway House is located straight of it, there is also a Juntction and slipway right next to it which is handy for heading back to the M25.

The Directions and Post Codes listed below will get you there.

The HALFWAY HOUSE
Southend Arterial Road, (A127)
Brentwood,
Essex,
CM13 3LL - (Be sure to remember this for your Sat-Nav)

FACILITIES

Large Beer Garden
Wheelchair Access
Disabled Toilet
Baby Changing Facility
Outdoor Children's Play Area
Car Parking 100+ spaces
Debit & Credit Cards accepted
Great Hot Food
Selection of Beers, Wines and Spirits

WEBSITES, MAPS & LINKS

The Halfway house website

Google Map
MG-Rover South East Facebook page

If you have ANY Problems just send Admin a PM if you need anymore info or Directions, we are happy to send out Mobile Numbers to anyone interested in coming so we can keep in touch for future meets and events.

Those attending are:

1- Bob MG TF Baby Flying Banana in Sunspot Yellow.
2- Shelley- MG ZS
3- Dave MG ZTT
4- Paul MG ZT------------ Sold the ZS
5-Lauren MG ZR
6- Becky MG ZR
7- Emma MG ZS
8- Mark MG ZS or MG ZT
9- Darren MG ZR
10-Dave W. Dodge V8 or VW Golf
11-Grandy R75
12-Woof25 R75
13-Jan MG TF
14-Gordon MG ZS (Trophy Yellow)
15-Peter R75
16-Denis MG ZT (Trophy Yellow)
17-Martin R75
18-Suffolk Boy MG ZTT (((Maybeeeeeee)))
19-Bri MG TF
20-Eamon MG TF
21-Stu MG F
22-Gatekeeper R75
23-Beejay R75 (((Maybeeeeeeee)))
24-Onrae MG ZT

Event Disclaimer
Please be aware this is not an offical Rover 75/ MG ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club's public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in anyway.

grandy
1st October 2013, 17:39
put me down for this one please Rob,----GARY

FLYING BANANA
1st October 2013, 18:04
You are the 1st 75 on the list.

grandy
1st October 2013, 18:41
hope I am not the only 75 on the list.

Woof25
3rd October 2013, 16:38
Would I let you down gary, please add me bob if you would

FLYING BANANA
3rd October 2013, 17:55
Ok Mike. Yet another 75 joins the list.

grandy
3rd October 2013, 18:42
Would I let you down gary, please add me bob if you would

phew--thank you mike look forward to seeing you.thought the z boys would eat me alive.

david75
3rd October 2013, 20:26
hope I am not the only 75 on the list.

Unfortunately, having been away on the date of the September meet, I will also be away for the October one. Sorry to let the 75s down. Hopefully back ok for November.

FLYING BANANA
3rd October 2013, 21:02
Not to worry. Always another meet.

peter.goodson
12th October 2013, 18:56
Hi

Please put me and my wife down for this meet, we will be bringing a 75.

Many thanks

Peter

FLYING BANANA
12th October 2013, 20:07
Ok Peter. Name on list.

FLYING BANANA
15th October 2013, 07:31
Little BUMP for this weekends meet.

coolcat
15th October 2013, 07:56
Sorry Guys and Gals ,
Can't make this one as I have a forum member coming to mine for an audio install:}
Have a great meet and hope to see you all soon:D

Woof25
15th October 2013, 10:23
Shame jeff as I wanted to pick your brains on head units !! oh well you ask for strawberries and get goosegogs !!!

FLYING BANANA
15th October 2013, 11:25
Sorry Guys and Gals ,
Can't make this one as I have a forum member coming to mine for an audio install:}
Have a great meet and hope to see you all soon:D
Not to worry Jeff. Plenty of other meets to come.

peter.goodson
15th October 2013, 21:09
Hi

Will there be a T4 at the meet?

Many thanks

Peter

FLYING BANANA
16th October 2013, 07:58
No T4 at this meet I'm afraid.

coolcat
16th October 2013, 08:23
Shame jeff as I wanted to pick your brains on head units !! oh well you ask for strawberries and get goosegogs !!!

Sorry Mike but as the android units have now arrived I'm working seven days a week to get these installed and dispatched etc to their new owners.
Also lots of customers are part exchanging their old double din units so these have to be bench tested, boxed and shipped as well!
It's going to be a bit busy for a while;)
I think the New Year will be my next visit to the Halfway House :)

denis
16th October 2013, 21:12
Bob,

I intend making this one!!!!!:D

FLYING BANANA
17th October 2013, 07:20
Well Hello stranger. Be nice to see you again. It will be Baby Flying Banana's debut. Maybe get them side by side for some pictures. Name added.

FLYING BANANA
17th October 2013, 07:24
Looks like there is going to be alot of Yellow at this meet.

woody804
17th October 2013, 07:53
Ill be there in the ZT, First time ive ever brought a ZT to the meet, looking forward!!!
Paul

FLYING BANANA
17th October 2013, 14:46
Ok Paul. I've already put your name on the list. That's 2 cars making there first appearance then.

Cad
17th October 2013, 20:50
Hi
Can you put me and the wife on the list.
We will be in a 75 tourer.
Many thanks
Martin.

FLYING BANANA
17th October 2013, 20:58
Ok Martin. Name on list.

suffolk boy
17th October 2013, 21:01
put me down as a maybe! :}

FLYING BANANA
18th October 2013, 06:58
OK Suffolk Boy you're down as a maybeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Gate Keeper
19th October 2013, 22:02
Hi Bob

At this late hour Bob, it is a tad late to add my name to the list. See you all tomorrow:)

FLYING BANANA
19th October 2013, 22:04
Be nice to see you again. Name on list.

Gate Keeper
19th October 2013, 22:11
Cheers Bob and many thanks.

coolcat
19th October 2013, 22:13
Have a great meet guys and girls,
Hope to catch up with you all soon:)

Gate Keeper
20th October 2013, 09:31
You will be missed Jeff :getmecoat: no worries, need must :)

FLYING BANANA
20th October 2013, 16:00
What a good turn out today. I counted 29 cars. Lovely little Metro van turned up, totally mint condition. Quite a few new faces. Yellow was certainly the colour today. 2 ZT's & 2 ZS's in Trophy Yellow and 1 TF in Sunspot.

We even had a NEW MG 3 turn up.

Next meet is on Sunday 17th November.

coolcat
20th October 2013, 17:16
Looking forward to the pictures peeps:}

Gate Keeper
21st October 2013, 19:39
I managed to do a little trailer and have put it up on the tube Jeff ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAvMA_23ntU

FLYING BANANA
21st October 2013, 21:16
I like the video Phil. Will get my pictures posted as soon as I can.

Pictures can be found on the MGRSE page on Facebook if you cannot wait.

Gate Keeper
22nd October 2013, 07:23
Thanks Bob :) I had entered in the wrong postcode into the sat nav which took me to The Bakers Arms. Fortunately I had the Garmin with me, which got me there in the end even though I was late. I missed chatting to the guys who had the lovely old Stags, Triumphs, Metro's and Mini's. A shame I did not see Woody. I wonder where they could have been? ;) Who had the new MG's and where were they. I caught sight of a yellow Maserati V8 convertible! and a yellow MGF also appeared at HH

Part of the success of the meeting at Halfway House is the fact that it has a huge car park, a choice of eatery and there is also a pub! plus input from the RS ;)

reworht
22nd October 2013, 10:15

VERY impressive Mr Spielburg Sir :bowdown:

coolcat
22nd October 2013, 12:29

I have watched it and passed comment, have we the next Stephen Spielberg in our midst :bowdown:

Woof25
22nd October 2013, 16:15
Speilsberg is just a director !! Phil is lighting camera,best boy and gaffer :D

Gate Keeper
23rd October 2013, 09:24
Thanks guys for your comments. The film ended up with 3 cuts, all published. One guy on face book moaned, he said it was a quality film but he felt gutted that I had left his ZT out from the first cut, fortunately I tracked his car down from the rest of the 3 minute footage shot and did a no. 2 cut with a 50 second clip of his lovely looking car. I had a good laugh about it and it was good fun to do :) No harm done ;)

Next time I see him, I will make a point of doing a Clarkson interview on cam with the young gentleman going through the car, the engine and its winning features :D What a shame, it will have to wait until next year as I am off to Africa at the end of the month.

Cut no. 3, I edited and dedicated it to the MG Rover South East Club on FB and they are happy.

grandy
23rd October 2013, 09:42
Thanks guys for your comments. The film ended up with 3 cuts, all published. One guy on face book moaned, he said it was a quality film but he felt gutted that I had left his ZT out from the first cut, fortunately I tracked his car down from the rest of the 3 minute footage shot and did a no. 2 cut with a 50 second clip of his lovely looking car. I had a good laugh about it and it was good fun to do :) No harm done ;)

Next time I see him, I will make a point of doing a Clarkson interview on cam with the young gentleman going through the car, the engine and its winning features :D What a shame, it will have to wait until next year as I am off to Africa at the end of the month.

Cut no. 3, I edited and dedicated it to the MG Rover South East Club on FB and they are happy.

Phil you are a nice man, a gentleman --gary

FLYING BANANA
23rd October 2013, 12:31
Thanks Phil. Have a safe trip and we will see you next year.

Gate Keeper
23rd October 2013, 14:10
Cheers Bob :} many thanks Gary for your kind words.

See you next year and do look after yourselves :)